Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2004 9:21:54 AM EST
Man, I really hope that Bush manages to pull out the "W" (haha bad pun)

Skerry has me skeered, I would hate to think how this country would be with the king flopper of the world running the show.
I"ve been reading about how the odds are still fairly even, and it really could go either way.. which really sucks.

Any one else worried about it?
poll coming
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:23:14 AM EST
not really.

All i know is that i can only do so much, and as long as I do my part, then i have nothing to worry about.

Worrying is doesn't do a damn thing for anyone.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:23:35 AM EST
Not worried at all........

<­BR>

..... says Zaphod as he gnaws one of his own legs off.....
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:24:07 AM EST

Originally Posted By mtechgunman:
not really.

All i know is that i can only do so much, and as long as I do my part, then i have nothing to worry about.

+1

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:24:14 AM EST
Who's NOT worried? . . .

CMOS
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:24:15 AM EST
It would be a wasted worry.

MT
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:25:02 AM EST

Originally Posted By mtechgunman:
not really.

+1
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:26:49 AM EST
I am worried. Seriously. Things dont look to good in my area. I live in Broward county, the area that was the most contested last election. I dont think it will be a close one like last time. I think Kerry is going to clobber Bush in the popular vote in this area this time. I heam many remarks from people at the polls that were mad about last time (Bush stole it cause it was so close and blah blah blah) Lots of people voting this time, mostly democrat from what I see.

I think we are F'ed
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:28:00 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/1/2004 9:30:23 AM EST by M4_Aiming_at_U]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:28:52 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/1/2004 9:29:13 AM EST by The_Macallan]

The_Macallan's "Seven Levels Of Close-Election Coping":

1. Edgy
2. Anxious
3. Hostile
4. Raging
5. Pessimistic
6. Depressed
<---- me
7. Numb

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:29:44 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/1/2004 9:30:30 AM EST by Dolomite]
The results have already been foretold:

sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=1913509&type=story

Incumbent has followed 'Skins' lead since '36

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

LANDOVER, Md. -- John Kerry supporters have a welcome omen for their candidate: The Green Bay Packers defeated the Washington Redskins on Sunday.

If history holds, the 28-14 result portends a victory for Kerry on Tuesday because the result of the Redskins' final home game before the presidential election has always accurately predicted the White House winner. If the Redskins win, the incumbent party wins. If they lose, the incumbent party is ousted.

"Oh, yeah, he's going to win. It's guaranteed," said Packers safety Darren Sharper, a Kerry supporter. "I don't have to vote now. Don't even have to go to the polls. Saved me a trip on Tuesday."

The streak began in 1933, when the Boston Braves were renamed the Redskins. Since then, beginning with Franklin Roosevelt's re-election in 1936, the trend has held, including a 2000 Redskins loss to the Tennessee Titans that predicted George W. Bush's win over Al Gore.

THE END
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:31:41 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/1/2004 9:41:49 AM EST by SPECTRE]
'Tis a poor thing to fear the inevitable.
All that hates gonna burn you up inside kid..............Keeps me warm.
Rage, Rage against the dying of the light !!
On the Macallan scale I'm still stuck on and don't see it changing tomorrow.
Tomorrow will be
My progression goes like this.......
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:31:55 AM EST

Originally Posted By Dolomite:
The results have already been foretold:

sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=1913509&type=story

Incumbent has followed 'Skins' lead since '36

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

LANDOVER, Md. -- John Kerry supporters have a welcome omen for their candidate: The Green Bay Packers defeated the Washington Redskins on Sunday.

If history holds, the 28-14 result portends a victory for Kerry on Tuesday because the result of the Redskins' final home game before the presidential election has always accurately predicted the White House winner. If the Redskins win, the incumbent party wins. If they lose, the incumbent party is ousted.

"Oh, yeah, he's going to win. It's guaranteed," said Packers safety Darren Sharper, a Kerry supporter. "I don't have to vote now. Don't even have to go to the polls. Saved me a trip on Tuesday."

The streak began in 1933, when the Boston Braves were renamed the Redskins. Since then, beginning with Franklin Roosevelt's re-election in 1936, the trend has held, including a 2000 Redskins loss to the Tennessee Titans that predicted George W. Bush's win over Al Gore.

THE END

Aw jeez not this......
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:34:07 AM EST
None of the above. I'm not worried about the election, because I can do nothing to change it but cast my vote. So there's no reason to worry about it. Tomorrow morning I'll be voting a straight R ticket. That's all I can do. Bush will take Texas, and our work is done.

Now you folks in the battleground states, you better get out the vote!

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:35:25 AM EST
I've been worried all along, but quietly confident Bush will pull it off. This past week however, I'm having some serious doubts Bush can actualy win this. Right now, I have to admit I think kerry is going to take it after the dust settles. That is not to say I'm happy about it or not going to vote. I want nothing more than to be completely wrong and to see Bush win, but I have to say I honestly think kerry is going to win. In fact, tonight after work I'll be on a train to Pennsylvania and miss work tomorrow so I can vote for Bush in person and not have to risk my vote on the absentee ballot system or the US mail.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:36:08 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/1/2004 9:37:40 AM EST by newbushmaster]
After watching the mainstream media, yes I'm concerned.

So I come here. Seeing all the trolls here has put me off the last few days. I guess it is time to stay out of the GD.

And don't ask for a link TBK1, they're all over the place.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:38:20 AM EST

Originally Posted By WildBoar:
I am worried. Seriously. Things dont look to good in my area. I live in Broward county, the area that was the most contested last election. I dont think it will be a close one like last time. I think Kerry is going to clobber Bush in the popular vote in this area this time. I heam many remarks from people at the polls that were mad about last time (Bush stole it cause it was so close and blah blah blah) Lots of people voting this time, mostly democrat from what I see.

I think we are F'ed

Yes ya'll are, bush is going to win!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:38:59 AM EST
I'm between not losing sleep and preparing the BO shelter.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:39:16 AM EST
Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop taking Xanax.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:41:25 AM EST
I'm HOPING Bush wins. Although, I'm not optimistic. I've been running into many political conversations in my local of which I am the solo Bush supporter. I do not understand the mindset of the Kerry supporter, I observe that there are too many of them. In regard to the elections, I've this uneasy feeling that tells me that trouble is just around the corner.

However, should Bush win, I'll be able to smile and pronounce myself uneedfully paranoid and enjoy another 4 more years of Republican leadership in the White house. I'll light up a cigarette, open a beer and let out a big sigh of relief.

Should Kerry win, I'll grimace at the upcomming four years of sheer hell and near communist rule as he sells us all out to UN fascist control and hope that the damage that assclown does to America will be reversible in four years. It will be a huge shit sandwich that we'll all have to take a big bite of. I believe I'm talking about a guy who will weaken America far worse than Jimmy Carter did.

Am I scared? Scared is IMHO a over-dramatic word, but I do fear for the future of our nation. IMHO, it's too "up against the wire" to be complacient.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:43:51 AM EST

Originally Posted By M4_Aiming_at_U:
Honestly, half of me thinks that if Bush loses its partly his own damn fault due to his behavior.

That's the spirit!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:45:01 AM EST
In my mind, I know God is in control.

In my gut, I'm worried about the outcome.

I'm doing alot of praying these days.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:46:09 AM EST
Hell, I voted last week, I kinda feel helpless now. Have'nt had this feeling since my wife was having our son. There's nothing for me to do but hope, pray, and stay out of striking distance.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:47:27 AM EST

Originally Posted By garandman:
In my mind, I know God is in control.

In my gut, I'm worried about the outcome.

I'm doing alot of praying these days.

Ditto,

I fear that sKerry is God's judgement opon this nation.

-LS
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:48:32 AM EST
If you're not worried, you're not paying attention.

I'm counting on the 'silent majority' to pull it out...
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:49:48 AM EST

Originally Posted By longshot_va:

You mean... like AIDS?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:51:24 AM EST

Originally Posted By Dolomite:

Originally Posted By longshot_va:

You mean... like AIDS?

Worse!

-LS
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:58:32 AM EST

Originally Posted By raven:
Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop taking Xanax.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:05:58 AM EST
I think Bush would win a fair and square election.

Voter fraud in the states with high amounts of electoral votes worries me.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:10:54 AM EST
It's a toss-up.

My main worry is the Supreme Court.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:12:59 AM EST

Originally Posted By The_Groovinator:
It's a toss-up.

My main worry is the Supreme Court.

Four words...

Chief Justice hillary clinton.

That should scare everyone.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:13:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By D348:
I think Bush would win a fair and square election.

Voter fraud in the states with high amounts of electoral votes worries me.

+1
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:16:34 AM EST

Originally Posted By shaggy:

Four words...

Chief Justice hillary clinton.

That should scare everyone.

You think this was a promise made by Kerry behind-the-scenes?

I sure do.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:22:03 AM EST
I am personally terrified. I know that worry does no good, but I can't help it. I think that if Kerry wins it is the result of voter fraud. I think that organizations like the NAACP and MTV and moveon have basically made the point that representative democracy is dead. The great experiment is over, and the hypothesis rejected.

I don't know where we are going to be as a people next week, but I don't see it as a good place.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:34:32 AM EST
Financially, I can't afford either one of the two candidates. But if Kerry wins I'm worried because a Democrat leader swimming inside a Republican congress tells me that nothing will get done. If Bush wins, at least I know he'll see more progress in terms of passing legislation.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:34:22 AM EST
I'm really worried that Bush or Kerry will win the election. That would be really scary.
Top Top