Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2010 5:15:10 PM EDT
I was sitting at a red light. The light was yellow as I was coming up to it, and, silly me, I slowed down and stopped. Well, guy(person) coming the other direction, didn't slow down, but sped up. By the time they got to their stop line, the light was red. No question about that. Said person ran the red light.

Now there were people sitting at both ways of the traffic light that had green lights. A guy in what looked to be a uniform of some sort was in a dark blue ford explorer(off duty or unmarked LEO???) and he took off like a bat out of hell after this guy. I got a good look at him as he went by me(because he turned left down past me after the guy who ran the light) This is why I'm 98% sure he was LEO, which looked like he was either on his way home, or going into, their shift. No light bar, no dash lights, no other give away that it was a police cruiser though.

To the question. If this was an LEO, either on duty or off, what could they do? Call a marked crusier and have them pull the guy over? What if the guy pulled into his drive way and went inside? Could they still give him a ticket? I'd guess the unmarked car would follow till a marked unit would pull him over. The road they were going down was long and flat, the ford caught up to the guy and was tailiing him pretty close, but there were no lights(this was like 10pm) and they kept right on driving, so the ford wasn't pulling the guy over. How would that play out? Just a random thought for wed night.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:17:54 PM EDT
[#1]
If you did 3.5 ounces of blow, you'd have no need for a hooker.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:22:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Eh....  damcv ...did they ever give you the chit back from when some bullets of a type and caliber you weren't firing hit some ladies' house?
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:25:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Never done 3.5 ounces of blow, have you.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:32:11 PM EDT
[#4]
ounces, grams, what's the difference
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:32:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Last time a cop in a POV singled me out I was pulled over by a marked unit.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Did your parents know that you were out?
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:35:19 PM EDT
[#7]
He could tail it and wait for a marked unit, if he got a look at the driver get the plate number and go knocking on his door later, or it could have been an unmarked unit and he could have pulled them over further up the road.

We don't necessarily stop someone as soon as we get behind them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

True. But that doesn't help with my question.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Never done 3.5 ounces of blow, have you.

Have you???
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:15:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Did your parents know that you were out?

Do your parents know every time you go out? And that has to do with my question why???
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
He could tail it and wait for a marked unit, if he got a look at the driver get the plate number and go knocking on his door later, or it could have been an unmarked unit and he could have pulled them over further up the road.

True. Well. Guess that is a thought. Could they go knock on his door later on and give him a ticket for it???
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:21:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

8-ball is short for an 8th of an ounce.  "Eighths" of a pound is in reference to pot.

8-ball is about 3.5 grams.

I've heard of coke being sold "by the penny," meaning 2.5 grams, since a penny weighs 2.5 grams, it's easy to verify the amount.

- BG

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Every arfcommer knows that American JBT's are absolutely drunk with power. They do whatever they want, whenever they want.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:27:07 PM EDT
[#14]
You would be like the pied piper of hookers if you had a 3.5 OZ 8-ball.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:34:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sometimes you follow them for a mile down the interstate and make them wonder what the hell this cop is doing following so closely when the left lane is wide open...oh wait...there go the flashing lights...
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 9:50:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quit fucking running red lights before you end up t-boning some minivan full of kids. Bonus is you don't have to worrying about the cops following you home. Seriously, you're wondering what the cops could do to some other guy that ran a red light that you somehow know got followed to his house and could that "other guy" get a ticket after the fact? Just drive like you've got some sense. You might just save your own life.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:25:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

True. Well. Guess that is a thought. Could they go knock on his door later on and give him a ticket for it???

Yes, if:

He got a look at the driver and could ID him

or

Your state has an owners liability for running a red light

or

The guy admitted to driving the vehicle at that time.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:13:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get a look at the driver, hope it's the reg owner and mail the ticket, of course if you're out of your own Jurisdiction (here in Nj at least) that means you have to go to the Municipal Court where the offense took place and issue there...OR, wait for him to stop ID yourself and issue (note, i would NOT Do that myself)..Since you have to do something pretty stupid for me to stop you while im WORKING, for me to take any action off-duty you would have to make an Asshole Move of EPIC proportions....or be driving sucking jack out of the bottle through a straw or something.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:21:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

8-ball is short for an 8th of an ounce.  "Eighths" of a pound is in reference to pot.

I've heard of coke being sold "by the penny," meaning 2.5 grams, since a penny weighs 2.5 grams, it's easy to verify the amount.

- BG

A "new" penny weights 2.5 Gms.  ( plated)

An "old" penny weights 3.1 Gms.  ( solid )

Which just go's to show,  things aren't worth what they used to be!!!

Jb
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:50:24 AM EDT
[#20]
An off duty cop that goes after someone for running a red light needs his head examined.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:32:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
An off duty cop that goes after someone for running a red light needs his head examined.

I'm usually on the side thinking most of the cop stories we have here are power hungry cops, but I disagree on this.  Going after someone who runs a red light is completely legitimate if there's other people on the road.  If it's the middle of the night and you can clearly see that there's nobody there (no headlights and a clear view) would be different.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:58:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quit fucking running red lights before you end up t-boning some minivan full of kids. Bonus is you don't have to worrying about the cops following you home. Seriously, you're wondering what the cops could do to some other guy that ran a red light that you somehow know got followed to his house and could that "other guy" get a ticket after the fact? Just drive like you've got some sense. You might just save your own life.

Damn dude. Got some sand stuck up there???

Where did I ever say I was running red lights? Do you think I did it myself, and then made up this whole lie of a thread to see if I had to worry about the cops coming and knocking on my door? I mean, really???

I put right in there that it was a random thought for wed night.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:01:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, if:

He got a look at the driver and could ID him

or

Your state has an owners liability for running a red light

or

The guy admitted to driving the vehicle at that time.

Fair enough. I really couldn't tell you if it was just an unmarked exploder, but it had normal PA plates on it, all of the unmarked LEO cars/trucks that I have ever seen had state plates on them. Either way. Thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#24]
hit and run = failure to render aid = misdemeanor, unless there are serious injuries then its a felony.

an off duty can arrest on sight.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Eh....  damcv ...did they ever give you the chit back from when some bullets of a type and caliber you weren't firing hit some ladies' house?

You have answered everyone else's questions but this one; why is that?
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

- BG

Which just go's to show, things aren't worth what they used to be!!! that you should keep old change on hand when weighing out dimebags?

Jb

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

- BG

Which just go's to show, things aren't worth what they used to be!!! that you should keep old change on hand when weighing out dimebags?

Jb

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 3:14:55 PM EDT
[#28]
In my state we have 6 months to issue a ticket for a violation.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

ounces, grams, what's the difference

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 3:45:48 PM EDT
[#30]
I've been chased by a city police officer in an unmarked olds Alero..I didn't realize it was a cop behind me basically chasing me through city streets..I thought someone was trying to run me off the road or something. Eventually I came up on a road block with spotlights, flashlights and pissed off city PD officers with their hands on their guns telling me to throw the keys out of the window. Then that Alero pulled up behind me..and outstepped a uniformed pd officer.

Didn't get one ticket.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top