Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 7:41:14 PM EDT
Well maybe not exactly your closet, however; perhaps your shed, basement, locker, B.O.B., garage ?

Lots of manly men here with tons of guns and ammo, but how many of you have other 'angles' covered, i.e. non Gun related . . . (read: food / water / medical / survival skills / planning) when it comes to protecting your life / family and property.

How long could you last without help / food / water / utilities?
If the SHTF in your N.O. (enter your city name here), so to speak, where would you clock out?

Since I'm the one talking all this shit I'll start it off.
Water: 110 gallons w/ treatment.  Usually several cases of bottled water on any given day that we consume and re-supply.
Food:  A month (maybe) or so of MRE's, a couple weeks goods in the cabinets, Several More in Dry Goods that are on constant standby.  
Med:  a decent supply of everyday OTC meds (several unopened) and bandages, dressings, etc. And a fairly decent first aid kit or 2 nearby.  
I've done my homework and trained up on survival, medical, (USMC as well as general enthusiast).
Propane and white gas to cook off of temporarily and sufficient tools to stay or go.
Wather radios and handhelds on standby with likely and un-average supply of batteries on hand.
I could get into my NBC gear but that could be another entire thread in itself (IM me or post here if interested).  
Somewhere mixed in with all this is some misc. fishing equipment, a 10/22 and a .38 with a box or 2 of ammo

I'm curious to see what the average AR15 poster has or hasn't done to get or be prepared.
Lets hear it . . .

editted to emphasize NON GUN RELATED
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:41:49 PM EDT
[#1]
oh and before I forget, please spare me the hookers and blow responses....
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:41:59 PM EDT
[#2]
50,000 rounds of ammo
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:43:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#5]
My AR, and all my Marine Corps stuff (everything from Dress Blues to flack jacket and LBV).  They just kind of go togeter.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:45:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My AR, and all my Marine Corps stuff (everything from Dress Blues to flack jacket and LBV).  They just kind of go togeter.  

But I suppose I'd leave the Dress Blues here.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:47:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I live in the sticks. I have a well and a generator to run it with ample gasoline (with Stabil added) to supply me with water for weeks, maybe months. We usually have several weeks of canned goods and dry goods on hand. I also can kill enough food in the woods to survive for some time. My ammo supply most likely exceeds that of the nearest PD.

Finally, the Amish that live all around me never left the 19th Century, so I can buy whatever I don't have from them them. They take cash.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#8]
In my closet?

A very huge pile of laundry to be done. I'm in the middle of moving, you see....
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:50:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
In my closet?

A very huge pile of laundry to be done. I'm in the middle of moving, you see....

Mines the opposite!  My BOB thats been torn down...

I need to move the rest of my stuff.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I had a closet. The wife took it over. You know what that means. All my gun stuff and ruck got pushed way in the back, and I'm afraid to go in there now.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#12]
In my closet? Clothes. LOTS of clothes

ETA: AND shoes!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I have clean clothes, dirty clothes, bullet proof vest, and a bowling ball.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:59:34 PM EDT
[#14]
BOB - food, water, spare clothes, tent, etc, etc, etc.
Rifle and 782 gear.
Fully stocked ammo can.

The heavy supplies are in the shed and workroom.

Unfortunately, none of it is at school with me, save for two weeks worth of MREs and water.
I'm brining my BOB back with me next time I go home.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:59:47 PM EDT
[#15]
A big ass safe full of guns and plenty of ammo.

The unarmed liberal neighbors have food.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:03:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Two of my three closets have been taken over by ammo crates.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:04:16 PM EDT
[#17]
my brother...wait he just came out.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:07:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Ok, I'll play...

1.  A broken down BOB (why does it seem like I am alway reorganizing that damn thing!)

2.  four of the 2.5 gallon jugs of drinking water

3.  Case of MRE's and 2 case's of Ramon Noodles from Sam's (Ramon expires in like Sept. of 2037 I think)

4. One tabby cat, he prefers to sleep in the closet at night...

EPOCH
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Man, I couldn't agree with you more. Thanks for adding this comment. I get tired of reading this
from the high schoolers.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:14:35 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't want to know , haven't been opened since the early 90's.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:17:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Clothes
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Man, I couldn't agree with you more. Thanks for adding this comment. I get tired of reading this
from the high schoolers.

just trying to side step some of the characters out there

gotta expect it.  you'd think more would/could be serious but the lack of information in some of the responses is only confirming my suspicions.  I don't think I'm prepared for the apocolypse by any means.  And many posters (the same) could go on for days about awhole lot more stupid shit.
[/ empty can rattles the most]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Heheheh. Skeletons. I love it, CavVet.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:21:16 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I live in the sticks. I have a well and a generator to run it with ample gasoline (with Stabil added) to supply me with water for weeks, maybe months. We usually have several weeks of canned goods and dry goods on hand. I also can kill enough food in the woods to survive for some time. My ammo supply most likely exceeds that of the nearest PD.

Finally, the Amish that live all around me never left the 19th Century, so I can buy whatever I don't have from them them. They take cash.

You and me both brother!
Enough water gas and food for a month or so. lock and load,hunker down and wait it out . same here on the well, hunting and ammo.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#25]
clothes, six cases of MREs, and about 15 pairs of USMC Jungle boots and Insulated Combat Boots.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:26:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Stuff.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#27]
EXTRA CONTACT LENSES
Being that I have crappy vision (20/400+, I can barely make out the "E"), I care much more for eye-wear than most people. I also normally under-correct, so I also have plenty of contacts in my full script. Several bottles of fluid and whatnot for them, as well as several bottles of anti-fog spray for use on my Wiley-X SG1's (and paintball goggles, but that's secondary).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top