Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 10:24:22 PM EDT
Well here it is...If the Dems gain control of Senate or /and the House,
what may become of the pro firearms agenda ? Let's face it.
As much as we talk AND have enjoyed a relative mellow era regarding
firearms/ laws status quo...What's to stop the next Admin from bringing the
hammer down ? There is no viable choice avail for 2008. I don't care how
you color it, the Pres has another agenda =$. Is it not time for another choice as
in a third party ? On this note, how did Ross pull it off ?

Am I the only one that has had it with those who supposedly
represent us. In other words, whens the last time YOU talked
to your Rep or Sen face to face ? Wouldn't it be refreshing if you
could talk to one of these just because you voted for him or her?
I never have. Maybe thats a weakness in me, but nowadays its
even harder. And maybe thats whats wrong with us, or at least
me. I don't know how to contact, in person, the one I helped
vote into office. I don't much care for their support people.
I didn't vote for them...Am I wrong in this ?

Apologies if I went off board. My emotions get the better
of me many times over.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:03:13 PM EDT
[#1]
It's already happened here in Nazi Jersey. BFD. I know many people with "illegal" automatic weapons, off-paper firearms, destructive devices, etc. The political class can legislate until their asses spit cheese. You'll never replace internal restraint with external control.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:13:01 PM EDT
[#2]
My business will proably go out of business.  I am sure the dems can kill the economy some way.  Or another 911 will happen and kill the economy.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:31:00 PM EDT
[#3]
War, pestilence, famine, economic ruin, death for untold thousands oand millions of people around the world. Oh, wait that's already happening. I guess just more of the same until our elected leaders organize an agenda that does not necessitate armed conflict or mutually assured destruction on a global scale. It was the Red Menace from 1945 until the fall of the Berlin Wall in the mid 90's.  It will be the Chinese, Iranians or the North Koreans as contenders for whomever enters the White House in 2008. No matter what GWB does in the next 22 months we'll still be in a world of sh**!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#4]
If we're lucky they'll so ga-ga and start pushing their communist adgenda immediately.  Maybe enough to scare people before the next pres election in 2008.

If we're not lucky, they will go into stealth mode.  And the sheep will vote for they canidate, if it's not Commisar Clinton.  That's about the only way they could lose the 2008 election.  Run with her as their canidate.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#5]
the end of the world!!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Am I still at ARFCOM?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Well if they do get control again maybe one good thing will come of it. We start talking about losing our rights again instead......gay movies and couples swapping.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:24:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:25:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Eh.  Not much.  But the Democrats are overconfident about their prospects, again.  In their mind, they've already won it lock stock and barrel, they're huge believers in their own bullshit and as you know from DU, they ignore or shut out anything that imposes on their wishful thinking.  They thought the same way in 2002 and 2004.  Listening to their rhetoric and attacks, they sound pretty clueless to me. Especially as always on the war, terrorism and national defense.

The House is safe, since that's the populist body where rural areas have more representation in the chamber than the Senate, where the states' big urban areas usually determine statewide elections. Also, gerrymandering will keep things more or less static until the next census in 2010.  After that, Democrats have a shot at winning the House but until then they have no hope.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm sick of people around here drinking the Bush Kool-Aid...

He isn't going to stand up for us and he never will...

Thanks to all of the stuff he's been pulling lately, I doubt the Republicans will continue to control congress...

ETA: If the Democrats win on election day, I'm buying a receiver and several more magazines for each of my guns...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:27:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
as you know from DU, they ignore or shut out anything that imposes on their wishful thinking.  They thought the same way in 2002 and 2004.  Listening to their rhetoric and attacks, they sound pretty clueless to me. Especially as always on the war, terrorism and national defense.

The other sides no better when it comes to listening to views they disagree with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top