Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2009 12:31:28 PM EDT
Not sure if this is related, but last night I had a headache. Took some Advil, drank some water, and ate half of a leftover Tombstone pizza that had been in the fridge for about 3 days (should still be good). Went to bed sometime early in the AM feeling OK.
My first class this morning was at 10AM. Unfortunately, I woke up at about 8AM and shortly thereafter puked my guts out. I then proceeded to do the same thing every ~30 minutes till almost 1PM. Missed all of my classes (

). I was able to fall asleep around 1:30 and just got done with about a 2 hour nap. Feeling a bit better now, haven't thrown up since a little after noon. Haven't tried eating or drinking anything yet...couldn't even hold down water this morning.
Not ready to say I'm "better" already, but I'm probably going to eat some crackers and drink some water, and I'm thinking I'll be OK. Stomach still feels a little weird, but it feels better than it did this morning.
So what did I catch? Seems like it left as quickly as it arrived. I didn't have any other symptoms besides vomiting up quite violently the entirety of my stomach contents every half hour or so.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:32:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't read what you wrote, but I have dibs on all guns, ammo, optics.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Upper GI tract issues (vomiting), when related to food, are generally food-borne intoxications (ie "food poisoning"). A headache could have be related to the body's immune response. Couldn't tell you what food gave it to you though. It could have been the pizza. I do know that there is some sort of intestinal bug going around here. My daughter was up puking from 3-7am on Saturday morning (poor kid, no kid should be sick on Halloween), and then my wife was sick all day yesterday. I hope I avoided it...
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:47:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I call mags, reloading gear, preps, and precious metals.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:48:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Most definitely Cotton Fever
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#5]
The only time I laughed today is when I thought to myself, "Maybe I have morning sickness"...(*rimshot*)

Is it a bad sign that I'm laughing at my own jokes?

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:17:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like you ate something bad.

Olycar15
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:19:49 PM EDT
[#7]
You're pregnant or you caught the gay.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top