Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2011 5:05:25 AM EDT
Me thinks with the prices could skyrocket due to less inventory down the road...
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:12:44 AM EDT
[#1]
The Japanese have had problems like this in the past and are very well prepared.

They have the ability to make every single Automotive part in the US as well as China, its just a matter of getting production up to speed and shipping logistics together and they are very good at that.

Many of the electronics plants are exclusive to Japan though and who knows what will happen there.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:12:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the Korean line of cars will start becoming MUCH more in vogue.

But, how many other car companies get their electronics for all the new bs from Japan?

TXL
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:13:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Me thinks with the prices could skyrocket due to less inventory down the road...

Dude, a lot of the plants are in America. I don't think they're selling many Armadas and Sequoias in Japan. Now, maybe the micro-cars might go up.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:15:14 AM EDT
[#4]
You do realize that a good chunk of the 'japanese cars' are made here, right?

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:15:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Most of the US Market Toyota and Nissans are made in the US.  I think it was like 90% produced in the US, there is another thread somewhere about it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:36:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Every "Japanese" car I've owned, and I've owned many, were built right here in the USA.  ETA:  With 90% + American Manufactured Parts Content.

I love telling that to the "Mopar / GM / Ford" fanboys who think they are more patriotic than me by buying POS Fords and shit.  Then I hit them with the realiziation that their "American Car" was built in Mexico.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:37:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You do realize that a good chunk of the 'japanese cars' are made here, right?

winner

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:47:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I love telling that to the "Mopar / GM / Ford" fanboys who think they are more patriotic than me by buying POS Fords and shit. Then I hit them with the realiziation that their "American Car" was built in Mexico.

dont get too excited, those Fords use many of the same exact parts the Japanese cars do and many of those sub assemblies do come from plants in Mexico such as Continental etc. This includes transmissions, brakes, electronics, cam systems, safety parts etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top