Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2004 12:29:18 PM EDT
I was handed a paper with a copy of the ballot.  Kerry was checked, so was the Democrat House rep. and all the republicans were greyed out.  I was so tempted to hand the crumpled paper back to the lady after I was done and say, Thank you so much, I voted the opposite of everything this said.

But I did not.  I just threw it away.

A Friend of mine however.  Ex-Marine.  Was aked if he would like some Kerry literature.  He said  very loudly, "No thanks!  I have some toliet paper at home!"

I was dying laughing.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:30:16 PM EDT
[#1]

So were you an ass hole to anyone today??  

Got it out of my system yesterday.

Took a while.

Oughta be OK for a few more days.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:31:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, someone with a "move on pac" sign standing outside the poll doors said "good morning" to me as I walked in and I said "fuck you commie".

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yeah, someone with a "move on pac" sign standing outside the poll doors said "good morning" to me as I walked in and I said "fuck you commie".

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:32:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh yeah, I was a prick to several folks at the donut shop next to the polling office. Then at the polling place itself. Nothing major ,just some foul language and a few dirty looks. Oh well there is always 2008
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#5]
No, but the days not over yet.

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#6]
A girl at school today came up to me and a friend who have a class with her. She had a Kerry Edwards shirt and pin on. She was talking about how glad she was to have just voted for them and how she just knew that he would win. (she had no clue she was talking to two gun loving Rep.) I informed her that I too went and voted but that I voted for Bush. Just to make it clear I told her that this means I canceled her vote. She had a shocked look on her face and she just walked away.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:34:25 PM EDT
[#7]

So were you an ass hole to anyone today??

Why should today be any different than any other day??

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:34:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I was approached by a Kerry campaigner after I voted.  She asked if I had time to answer a few questions.  I responded:

Naw, I'm a Republican and I have to WORK for a living.  How about you?

That plus the pistol on my hip discouraged them from fucking with me.

_Disconnector_
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:35:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

_Disconnector_

Open carry????

WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:36:56 PM EDT
[#10]
only to the moveon.pac people who were at the polling place. Faggots.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#11]
No, I wasn't an asshole to anyone, but one guy at the polling place was discussing his grandson in Ashcanistan with another who's son is in Iraq. (I looked like these two guys were working the polling place) The demonrat reps there were shaking their heads and I could tell that they wanted to spout something out. When I was finished with my ballot I turned it in, walked over to the two gentlemen, and LOUDLY said to them, "Guys, please thank your grandson and son for their service to their country and despite all the worthless drivel they hear about in the liberal/communist newspapers here, most PROUD Americans appreciate their service and sacrifice." As I finished my comment, I looked at the demonrat reps and they were about in a fit of rage, and the two guys I thanked were absolutlely beaming.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:41:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

_Disconnector_

Open carry????

WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell, yeah.  Virginia . . . one of the FREE states.

_Disconnector_
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:45:20 PM EDT
[#13]
After voting, we went shopping.  At the store there was a kerrite with her shirt proud as could be talking to a few other ladies.  My wife frown at me when I went over and said, "Thank God there are people like you out there. I hope we win!"  They looked at me as it was the second coming.  Now I know why these guys ang around lib chicks.  You spout off the party line and you are their hero.   Next thing I know they were sayinf how Bush stole the last election and from another, "We be winning this time."   Had to consult the ebonics-English dictionary for that one.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:46:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Actually, I chewed the ass out one of the folks at the local Republican Party.  It seems that they sent a van out last night collecting all of the GOP yard signs last night (ND has a law on the books prohibiting any electioneering on Election Day.)  I confirmed that they had indeed taken my sign and I informed them that in 1966 the Supreme Court had overturned just such a law (Mills v. Alabama), and that in 1995 the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals had struck down a law imposing time restrictions on the displaying of political signs on private property (Whitton v. City of Gladstone, MO.)  I also told her that even if the law was valid, that did not give them the right to come onto my land and take my property and that I had better get my sign back ASAP or there would be hell to pay!

I'll be checking back with them soon to find out the status of their search for my sign.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Just on the internet.  It is too easy.  I am going to get myself in trouble.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#16]
probably.  i don't even notice it usually.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:48:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[Open carry????

WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!

_Disconnector_

You get alot of funny looks, or people calling the cops on you???

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:55:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
[Open carry????

WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!

_Disconnector_

You get alot of funny looks, or people calling the cops on you???

Looks, yes.  Cops.  It happens, but never to me.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:58:42 PM EDT
[#19]
There was a table outside the voting area where you could leave your "sample" ballots when you were done.  I tidied up the Republican ones and carried them back out front to the guys who were handing them out.  Left the democrap ones on the table all messy.    Hey, I'm a Mom!  This is being an asshole in my opinion.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:03:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Not overtly, no.  

I am wearing my Republican necktie today - little RW&B GOP elephants on a field of navy blue.  I have worn it on Election Days ever since I first voted at 18 (Reagan's re-election! ).  Not a big deal, I know - but I am the Assistant Director of a small State agency & work in a large building full of State Employees.  It is probably technically against policy, it is certainly "frowned upon" (policy or no), and if anybody wanted to complain up the chain or raise a stink I'm sure I could be called on the carpet by the powers-that-be.  But nobody has said Jack to me about it, nor do I expect them to.  My tiny, insignificant little act of "civil disobedience" for the day...
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:17:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes.  I was uncharacteristically rude at the polling place.

As I was walking up to join the line, I had to pass the two gaggles of Republican and Democrat reps.  To my absolute surprise and disgust,, one of the Dems was a dude about my age (almost 60) with a USS PRINCETON (CG 59) ball cap...the O-6 CO's kind with the gold braid on the bill.  There are a lot of retired military in our area, and I made him for a possible former and now retired CO of the famous Aegis cruiser.  I am a retired surface warfare naval officer and the thought of a retired/former military officer not only voting for sKerry but doing his bit for the prick was just too much for me.

As we passed their table on our way to the Republican table, I didn't look at him and I pointedly ignored his greeting.  Rude...yes...and I'm sort of bothered by it.

Miz LWilde told me he just might be a guy who acquired a cap.  Maybe...but to be wearing one at the polls indicated to me he was either a former military guy who has completely lost his marbles or he is a fucking pretender.  In either case, to me he was sending a "military dude for sKerry" message.  Pissed me off.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#23]
I am pretty much an asshole everyday, why should today be different.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:24:46 PM EDT
[#24]
My co-worker was sitting at a red light this morning and the Keri crowd on the corner was waving their signs.  He yelled "Ya, whew who" at them. They turned and gave him thumbs up, just in time to see him giving them a big middle finger!
I only gave them a big middle finger since my light was green.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:28:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Only to John Effin' Kerry!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:28:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Damn right!   Went to vote and the stupid bitch said my name wasn't on the list.  I had seen her page pass it.  We argued until I told her to call the person in charge.   She went back through the section   where my name was suppose to be and she almost passed it again until I put my finger down on her  list where my name was.   Bitch  
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:38:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Just to M. Moore, asshole supreme
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:39:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Nobody says shit to me, I think they can tell I'm not a dong-smoking dummycrat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top