Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/18/2009 2:51:26 PM EST
They were discussing pulling the race card on Obama critics.

During the discussion they asked a black woman (I'm sorry I don't recall her name) what she thought about Jimmy Carter playing the race card.

She said she wasn't going to waste her time discussing Jimmy Carter, while making the "L" sign at her forehead, then she got back on the main topic.

I wanted to applaud.

So many people try to present the "black community" as a monolithic entity that is in the tank for democrats. When you consider the spectrum from Thomas Sowell to Calypso Louie, there's plenty of diversity of opinion.

To my thinking, grouping people by skin color makes as much sense as grouping by eye or hair color. It's just a physical characteristic we inherit from our parents.

According to MLK, Jr., we are defined by character. Anybody who focuses on the superficiality of skin color while claiming to revere him is betraying him.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:54:07 PM EST
I wish there were more that shared that view of the unknown black woman. Unfortunately most that we actually hear about are throwing the race card around since they are the only ones getting any attention when they speak up.
Top Top