Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2014 6:21:20 PM EDT
Did anybody actually watch it?  I have always thought that game was worthless...but at least in the past players were playing for NFC vs AFC pride of their conference.  But not that its just completely randomized...seriously?   IMO they should just get rid of the game itself and have "pro bowl" just a title title.  Football is agame of scheme...and when you take the players who had the best stats..often because of the scheme they played in, and how well they played their assigned roll, and just place them into some generic game that doesn't mean shit..It just seems pointless to me.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:22:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2014 6:23:06 PM EDT by bagofcrabs65]
Pro-bowl is an excuse for the non-for-profit organization to send it players to Hawaii.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:23:43 PM EDT
What is this pro bowl you speak of?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:25:32 PM EDT
It is actually pretty good with the new format.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:26:09 PM EDT
it's not over yet
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:28:41 PM EDT
I thought we were talking about a new style of toilet.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:28:53 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ThePatriot556:
It is actually pretty good with the new format.
View Quote

Much better then recent years.  There have been some big hits by people who normally play on the same team, it's been pretty amusing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:32:05 PM EDT
Better all-around effort tonight.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:33:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2014 6:42:01 PM EDT by davisac]
They showed some clips from past ones. This one seemed to have some decent hits compared to them but still not like a regular game. I still got bored.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:34:17 PM EDT
Watched the first half.  It was a lot better than it has been the past several years.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:34:24 PM EDT
They should make them bowl at a bowling alley.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:37:46 PM EDT
Fucking ridiculous marketing gimmick. Shameful how pathetic the NFL has become.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:39:11 PM EDT
nfl is worthless
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:41:18 PM EDT
Had some free (good seat) tickets but opted not to, was kinda icky weather. Did watch a bit on the tube and it was certainly better then years prior.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:49:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Pony151515:
Did anybody actually watch it?  I have always thought that game was worthless...but at least in the past players were playing for NFC vs AFC pride of their conference.  But not that its just completely randomized...seriously?   IMO they should just get rid of the game itself and have "pro bowl" just a title title.  Football is agame of scheme...and when you take the players who had the best stats..often because of the scheme they played in, and how well they played their assigned roll, and just place them into some generic game that doesn't mean shit..It just seems pointless to me.
View Quote

This^^^^^^

It's a joke really. No intensity...plus some of the best players aren't there.....

Because they're Superbowl bound.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:56:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Pony151515:
View Quote

Maybe in college I could see your point, not the NFL.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:26:23 AM EDT
I watched a little bit of it, just cant seem to get into it much.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:34:34 AM EDT

I had put it on for a few minutes and they kept going on about how the one guy from Cleveland had put a hit on his teammate. I was wondering WTF was going on.

Now I know.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:36:23 AM EDT
I didn't watch. They should just play flag football. It would be more entertaining.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:47:12 AM EDT
I had no idea it was on
Past pro bowls sucked so I probably didn't miss much.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:53:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 4xDawn:
I didn't watch. They should just play flag football. It would be more entertaining.
View Quote

So how did you come to that conclusion?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:54:58 AM EDT
Absolutely, positively had zero interest in that thing.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:00:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By bakkbakk:
nfl is worthless
View Quote

Actually, the combined worth of all the NFL teams is about $30 billion. That's just the teams' values, that doesn't include TV contracts and merchandising.
It's the most lucrative sports league in the world.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:18:55 AM EDT
Originally Posted By vanvideo:

Actually, the combined worth of all the NFL teams is about $30 billion. That's just the teams' values, that doesn't include TV contracts and merchandising.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vanvideo:
Originally Posted By bakkbakk:
nfl is worthless

Shhh, the marching band member is crying about football.
Top Top