Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 9:46:04 PM EDT
I live in a townhouse with many neighbors.  Earlier tonight 2 girls were screaming at each other
in the parking lot over one of them wanting to go home and the other yelling your too drunk.  

This usually happens since the single neighbor doctor likes girls who are 18-22 and they hang out all the time and just seem to party.

About 5 minutes ago my phone rings, you can tell when it's the front door speaker/doorbell by the type

of short ring on the phone.  I don't expect anyone at this hour ever, so I grab my 1911 and ar15 then answer the phone.  This is the Police can we speak with you.

Do you carry your gun to the door?  I have to walk downstairs to the front door...  what if it wasn't the police and a home invasion?  I look out my window to look for a police car or lights, I see nothing but a shadow moving down below in my doorstep which I can't get a view of who is there.

So I'm getting a massive adrenaline dump deciding to bring gun or not.

Do you bring an AR15 down the stairs with you?  I don't know who is at my door other than a voice saying it's the police.

I walk down stairs, look through the door and it was the police.

I step outside, close the door and begin thinking about the don't speak to police video, they are going to pin a murder on me or an escalade may roll up shooting.

He was very nice and asked if their was a problem, someone called in a disturbance.

Do you point to your neighbor or mind your own business?

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:48:15 PM EDT
[#1]
MYBO but the radar has been pointed close to you, maybe at you. Loook oout!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:48:26 PM EDT
[#2]
#1:

#2: MYOB and hide your dog.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:48:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Just tell them you were in the shower enjoying a nice chocolate chip cookie and you didnt hear anything.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#4]
It's bothering you = Complain to the cops.

Your cool with the drunken disorderly conduct = Don't say anything.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#5]
PICS OF INTOXICATED 18 YO GIRLS OR GTFO

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:50:43 PM EDT
[#6]
You fucking get that shit on video.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:54:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I would have just told them what you had heard.  It's not MYOB if the cops are asking for help and info.  Should have told them you were busy cleaning some guns and the rukus didn't warrant further attention.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:57:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

This usually happens since the single neighbor doctor likes girls who are 18-22 and they hang out all the time and just seem to party.

Oh what a sick disgusting perverted man!!!

Here, let me take them home

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:00:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't usually grab my AR and 1911 to answer the phone.... but, who am I to judge.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:04:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Having spent 20 years in an apartment building full of young rowdy tweaker idiot party animals and others who didn't have a single fucking clue about how to live in peace with neighbors, I say take them all in and flog the skin off their backs.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:04:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The only party I have been to at the neighbors was in 2007 and my wife has not allowed me to go back.

I managed to get a couple cell phone shots of his stripper pole in use by his girls.

I don't mind them being loud every weekend, doesn't really bother me, I'll sit out on my deck and watch the entertainment outside unfold.

Dog on porch
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:10:41 PM EDT
[#12]
You did right. Take the 1911 with.
If they come to your house on a call, I'd point out the true intended target.
I wouldn't have called proactively though. I MMOB.

I think you did well.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:34:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The only party I have been to at the neighbors was in 2007 and my wife has not allowed me to go back.  
I managed to get a couple cell phone shots of his stripper pole in use by his girls.

I don't mind them being loud every weekend, doesn't really bother me, I'll sit out on my deck and watch the entertainment outside unfold.

Dog on porch

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:36:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:40:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't go to my kitchen for a sandwhich without a gun in my hand. In my own house at least.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:45:11 PM EDT
[#16]
GRAB the 1911... answer the door, and tell the cops:

Quoted:
Having spent 20 years in an apartment building full of young rowdy tweaker idiot party animals and others who didn't have a single fucking clue about how to live in peace with neighbors, I say take them all in and flog the skin off their backs.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top