Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2012 6:38:21 PM EDT
... based on the premise that minorities are much less likely to have identification than whites, or something like that.

My question is, with the recent SC ruling that the Gooberment can tax you for a non-action, why can't the affected States simply pass a TAX on those who don't have a state-issued ID card?  

Did the Supreme Court make this a non-issue last week?  
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:49:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Ever heard of a poll tax?

The problem is, then you have to pay $5 a head out of pocket for all those deceased people who vote for you.
And hey, they haz grillz, and Nikes, and corn rows, and a car, but who can afford a $25 DL every 3 years or a $40 poll tax every 4?  Only the 1% I tell you!!!

Excellent point you make, but I disagree with the strategy you suggest on principle.  
I Should not "have" to have mein papers in a free society.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:57:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I bet minorities don;t have a hard time showing ID when they go get a .gov subsidized cell phone.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#3]
If i have to fork out $200 in taxes for a rifle accessory (2nd Amendment rights) I see no reason these turds cant fork out $35 for a ID card.

That being said I would even be willing to bear the burden and give them a free ID card when they turn 18.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#4]
and if you are such a failure in life that you cant produce an ID card I really dont want  you voting
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:07:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I bet minorities don;t have a hard time showing ID when they go get a .gov subsidized cell phone.

I thought Dignity Cards have photos on them.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#6]
How do these poor people get their gov't money if they don't have IDs? Or buy 40s and cigarettes?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#7]
IDK about other states but Indiana issues photo ID cards for free if you tell the BMV it's for voting.
Sounds to me like the DOJ is encouraging voter fraud.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:13:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Could it be that those who commit voter fraud are mostly voting democrat.  And that these laws cost democrat votes by stopping those comitting voter fraud. And the democrat president and AG don't want that.  Could that be the real reason? No way.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:13:52 PM EDT
[#9]
So the federal government is suing states to keep states from enforcing federal laws?   Am I reading that right?

So when exactly DID the inmates start running the asylum, anyway?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

IDK about other states but Indiana issues photo ID cards for free if you tell the BMV it's for voting.

Sounds to me like the DOJ is encouraging voter fraud.

RACISTS!!!

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
... based on the premise that minorities are much less likely to have identification than whites, or something like that.

My question is, with the recent SC ruling that the Gooberment can tax you for a non-action, why can't the affected States simply pass a TAX on those who don't have a state-issued ID card?  

Did the Supreme Court make this a non-issue last week?  

The States are not "The Congress". The SCOTUS ruling increased the scope of the U.S. Congress' power to levy a tax.

This does not imply that the States have any such increased authority to levy taxes.

Either way, even if the States did try something similar, it would be regarded as a "poll tax", and as racist, the same as the proposed voter ID laws and purging of voter rolls.

We lose.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top