Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 6/26/2012 8:07:02 PM EDT
... and making jokes about how it was totally ineffective?

He amended it last week.   And added some old school anti-gun cosponsors.  

And made it into a back door full ban that completely outlaws not just bullet buttons, but a whole lot more –– with a backdoor approach that will effectively crush, by regulatory uncertainty, the entire market for anything but FAB-15 style fixed (permanently) magazine guns.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill/sen/sb_0201-0250/sb_249_bill_20120621_amended_asm_v95.html

A good FAQ about the nefarious effects of this bill:  http://stopsb249.org/sb-249-faq/

Full steam ahead in California.    

But, I'm sure some denizens of that great fucking suckhole of tyranny will be here shortly to tell me of the benefits of the beaches and the blondes, and how their chains do not yet rest so heavily as to persuade them to leave.   They'll explain why putting their tax dollars into the monster is somehow an act of resistance.

Sigh.
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:10:05 PM EDT
Fuck California.

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:11:07 PM EDT
Nice weather though!
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:11:14 PM EDT
One more point.

The way the anti's did this is pretty revealing and something everyone should keep in mind.

IN May they released a very poorly drafted bit of language that probably banned mag-magnets and bullet button tools that could sit there in the receiver functioning as a mag release analog.  

Then the entire gun community read it, considered it, and blew it off.

Now they're amending it to make it more and more onerous.   But people are still acting like its only going to mess with bullet buttons.

Some California guys have deluded themselves into thinking this will re-open the assault weapons registry.   Fucking idiots.
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:11:32 PM EDT
Dayuuum!!

Shit just got real.
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:11:48 PM EDT
lol  in before Chess not checkers

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:12:49 PM EDT
Can someone explain briefly what this is?  Is this the thing in CA where, if you can't have a rifle with a detatchable magazine?
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:13:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NagOrzo15-1:

But, I'm sure some denizens of that great fucking suckhole of tyranny will be here shortly to tell me of the benefits of the beaches and the blondes, and how their chains do not yet rest so heavily as to persuade them to leave.   They'll explain why putting their tax dollars into the monster is somehow an act of resistance.

I support those that stay and fight. Conceding defeat and fleeing hurts us over time. With 55 members in the House, we cannot allow the CA Reps to have a free pass on voting for Fed anti-gun legislation.

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:13:56 PM EDT

Has it already passed?
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:14:25 PM EDT
Any way to add a poison pill to that nonsense to make it apply to all Law Enforcement agencies within the state too?

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:14:54 PM EDT
why do they always go after barrel shrouds?  Isn't that akin to banning spoilers on cars because it'll temp someone to break the speed limit?
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:15:02 PM EDT
If Kali gun owners are not doing anything they will reap what they sew

I don't think this is the case, and i'm sure this will be fought tooth and nail

Free

One more point.

The way the anti's did this is pretty revealing and something everyone should keep in mind.

IN May they released a very poorly drafted bit of language that probably banned mag-magnets and bullet button tools that could sit there in the receiver functioning as a mag release analog.  

Now they're amending it to make it more and more onerous.   But people are still acting like its only going to mess with bullet buttons.

Some California guys have deluded themselves into thinking this will re-open the assault weapons registry.   Fucking idiots.

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:16:20 PM EDT

And made it into a back door full ban that completely outlaws not just bullet buttons, but a whole lot more –– with a backdoor approach that will effectively crush, by regulatory uncertainty, the entire market for anything but FAB-15 style fixed (permanently) magazine guns.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill/sen/sb_0201-0250/sb_249_bill_20120621_amended_asm_v95.html

A good FAQ about the nefarious effects of this bill:  http://stopsb249.org/sb-249-faq/

Sigh.

Live in Texas....fuck California
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:17:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By torstin:

Has it already passed?

No. And it won't.
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:19:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By RenegadeX:

I support those that stay and fight. Conceding defeat and fleeing hurts us over time. With 55 members in the House, we cannot allow the CA Reps to have a free pass on voting for Fed anti-gun legislation.

It sounds and looks good in Hollywood.  

But at some point, and California has reached that point, the "cheating"  is so entrenched that you have zero... ZERO ... chance of resisting meaningfully.   Right now, those guys who stay provide more BENEFIT to the state by their tax dollars and productive lives than any amount of letter writing, lobbying, etc., will ever accomplish.   The districts are so overwhelming Gerrymandered, the officials so corrupt, that its a fool's errand.

So far as freedom is concerned, the California guys have already been hauled away in cattle cars and their activities are akin to concentration camp occupants staging a hunger strike.   The open carry legislation and now the speed with which this abortion of a bill is moving through the process demonstrates the libs in California can and will pass anti gun laws at will.   Maybe  a US Supreme Court Case will eventually roll them back, but for me... .no.  I would not live some where under a generation of oppression propping up the system with my tax dollars when I could live free somewhere else.

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:20:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By panda_king:

Has it already passed?

No. And it won't.

famous last words

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:20:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
If Kali gun owners are not doing anything they will reap what they sew

I don't think this is the case, and i'm sure this will be fought tooth and nail

Free

One more point.

Yes, they're signing online petitions like gangbusters and "liking" the anti AB249 facebook page, totally dude.
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:21:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Cavalry_Scout:

Sigh.

And keep the Californians the fuck out of Texas.

We already have enough Libtard asshatery as it is.

Oh, and may Neptune swallow that shithole back into the sea. Fuck Cali.
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:21:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Cypher15:

Has it already passed?

No. And it won't.

famous last words

I've got to wonder if the governor will be smart enough to simply veto it.   But he's been signing the heck out of anti-gun bills this year.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:22:51 PM EDT

No. And it won't.

The California gun guy battle cry.

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:27:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Curdmugeon45:

Sigh.

You fuckers have been home growing them for decades. You know how many Texas Plates+Obama stickers I see out here?

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:29:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By EviL_inside:
Nice weather though!

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:32:28 PM EDT
Nice weather though!

Top shelf poon too. Don't forget the CA poon.
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:34:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Observer:
Nice weather though!

Like a hot chick with AIDS.  Looks great from the outside, dying inside.
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:34:44 PM EDT
How we got here.

Complacency and chutzpah.  

Bullet button & tool combos were being marketed like this:

Tell me that a California libtard jury would have a hard time finding that combo to be anything other than parts the "intent" of which is to have a rifle that is effectively a detached mag gun?

Oh, and a little lesson in the operation of law.

I have had a ton of friends behind the lines in California tell me "Its OK, California law says its a fixed magazine if a tool is required to activate the release."

Here's the thing guys:  That's in California's code of regulations promulgated under existing law.  When the statute changes, the regulations have to bend to the new intent in the statute itself.   The statute will now say something different.  The former regulation will be revised to delete the "tool to remove" concept especially given the stated legislative intent to close the bullet button avenue for having guns where the magazines can be released by the trivial action of an external tool.

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:35:43 PM EDT
Nice weather though!

Hasn't all of it been run through at least once by Charlie Sheen already?

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:39:58 PM EDT
I've heard Cali gun owners are playing chess, not checkers.

They're probably still giddy from their last victory...
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:41:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By schizrade:

Sigh.

You fuckers have been home growing them for decades. You know how many Texas Plates+Obama stickers I see out here?  

Yeah, but we quarantine their asses to Austin

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:41:38 PM EDT
GOD DAMN CALGUNS, AGAIN?? WHEN WILL THOSE LIBERAL KNOB SLOBBERING FUCKERS GET A HINT, HELPING ANTIGUN POLITICIANS WRITE GUN CONTROL LAW IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU TARDS SHOULD BE DOING.

I guess Calguns lawyers will bask in their new wave of money, fuck around for a few years, spend money donated to the foundation on their pet gay rights and environmental causes, demand even more money, stop the NRA, SOF and GOA from filing suits against the state so they can keep a monopoly on gun rights in the state and keep the brainless fucks that post on Calguns blissfully unaware less the occasional mention of "chess not checkers" and "two more weeks".
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:43:28 PM EDT

Sigh.

Not real Texans; Just more transplants from Cali and the other lesser states.

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:44:09 PM EDT

Sigh.

Yeah, but we quarantine their asses to Austin

Bullshit. I have been all over Tejas. Fuckers are everywhere.

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:44:46 PM EDT

Sigh.

Not real Texans; Just more transplants from Cali and the other lesser states.

Keep telling yourself that Tex. Nevada is still in denial about it too.

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:49:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:51:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/26/2012 8:55:21 PM EDT by Paul]
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 9:06:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/28/2012 1:01:53 PM EDT by NagOrzo15-1]
Originally Posted By Paul:
Isn't Fort Collins (ant)burning or something?

We normally don't start California bashing this early in the week but why the hell not?

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m168/AR-15_Paul/Pro-Gun%20Statements/CaliforniaDevil.jpg

Meh.  The ant-burning prohibitions in the California forums always struck me as akin to a "don't hurt our feelings zone."   Seriously, you California guys are pretty fucking cowered when you're on gun boards comparing yourselves to ants getting fried by a magnifying glass.

And a magnifying glass is really all it is.   I'm doing no more than shining the light on what is happening in your state and its somehow a bad thing to point out that the corruption in that place has gone so far that a bill the CalGuns foundation itself calls perhaps, the most far reaching firearms restriction ... proposed in California is sailing through the process.  Its a state where the bill's own sponsor is off doing his own thing while two of his staffers are driving the legislative process in cahootz with more rabid anti-gun assembly members.  Where thousands of guns are on the verge of being declared "public nuisance" items and summarily destroyed.

One of the more interesting things is that all the focus on the bullet buttons when installed and with a mag in the gun ignores the configuration changes of the weapon when a bullet button is actually used.   Riddle me this:   When a bullet buttoned gun has had its "fixed" magazine removed isn't the weapon one with the "capacity to accept a detachable magazine" and more than the requisite number of evil features?   Isn't the intended purpose of the bullet button to permit quick mag swaps, albiet with a tool?  Isn't the "tool" language solely to be found in executive department REGULATIONS promulgated under the existing law and therefore subject to change when the underlying legislation changes.   Mark my words:  the intermediate condition of the weapon, where a bb'd gun is setting there with the empty mag well and no tool or any other implement is necessary to put a new magazine will be the crucial benchweather of what this law does.   I believe its pretty clear their intent is to ban all "fixed" magazine configurations that are not well and truly fixed... i.e., welded or riveted into the weapon.  They want people inserting 10 rounds into the weapon itself in order to reload and its contrary to their evil fucking mindset to let the plebes go to the range with a range bag full of extra mags.
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 9:06:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Paul:
Isn't Fort Collins (ant)burning or something?

We normally don't start California bashing this early in the week but why the hell not? I'm sure more folks will be here along soon enough to espouse the benefits that their tribe's geopolitical boundary brings.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m168/AR-15_Paul/Pro-Gun%20Statements/CaliforniaDevil.jpg

I would like one ticket to the Ca bashing thread please.
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 9:09:00 PM EDT
Nice weather though!

Like a hot chick with AIDS.  Looks great from the outside, dying inside.

ironic a post from an individual who has "bukkake" as an avatar
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 9:10:20 PM EDT
Nice weather though!

Yup, that totally makes it worth it.

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 9:11:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By victorgonzales:

Seems the gun owners in Kali are playing Checkers while the lawmakers are playing Wargames.

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 9:15:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By victorgonzales:

words cannot express how much I hate that phrase.  

It has everything.  Condescension, ignorance, and a big old helping of the herp derp all mixed into one retarded term.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 9:16:01 PM EDT
I can't wait for the forty-nine other states bail us Californians out of our fiscal crisis.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 9:19:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SOTG-SM:
I can't wait for the forty-nine other states bail us Californians out of our fiscal crisis.  

Nice.
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 9:23:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SOTG-SM:

Nice.

Truth hurts don't it.  Oh well enough of us will leave this state to infect other states with our Big City Thinking.
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 9:28:42 PM EDT

But, I'm sure some denizens of that great fucking suckhole of tyranny will be here shortly to tell me of the benefits of the beaches and the blondes, and how their chains do not yet rest so heavily as to persuade them to leave.  

Sigh.

i can see sea lions on the docks of the marina del rey harbor from my balcony....   daniel tosh is my boss and fabricio werdum is my jiu jitsu instructor.

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 9:31:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/26/2012 9:35:02 PM EDT by SexualChocolate]

Sigh.

You have to get to the beach at 6am if you want to find a spot. Sure there are a lot of hot women here, and most of them are stuck up cunts.

I hate this state, born here 32 years ago not by my choice.

Cant exactly up and move with my parents and grandparents still here and in need of my help.

I would move tomorrow if given the choice and had no family to leave behind.

Instead of pointing fingers and saying haha you get what you deserve, why dont you people who bitch about cali help? Write some letters, make some phone calls, spread awareness. Oh, almost forgot, its more fun to get on the net and give people shit about what they cant do with their guns than to help a fellow gun owner keep what the 2nd amendment provides.

There are more people here on our side than you think. Unfortunately there arent enough of us to vote in better leaders.

We get to thank all the illegals and welfare leeches for the situation we are in.

You wont be so smug when the shit from this craptastic state starts filtering out and into your precious "free" state.

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 9:32:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SexualChocolate:

You wont be so smug when the shit from this craptastic state starts filtering out and into your precious "free" state.

It's been filtering out for a while now.

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 9:34:24 PM EDT

Instead of pointing fingers and saying haha you get what you deserve, why dont you people who bitch about cali help?

Because yall keep telling us everything is fine, the people are great, the weather is amazing, and if a little political BS is what ya gotta deal with to live there, its worth it.  

Sorry, don't have a lot of sympathy.  If CA gun owners would admit their state is fucked sideways when it comes to gun rights and ask for meaningful help, I'd love to.  But mostly what I hear is reasons why we're wrong and its really ok the way it is....
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 9:35:38 PM EDT
I hate this state, born here 32 years ago not by my choice.

Cant exactly up and move with my parents and grandparents still here and in need of my help.

I would move tomorrow if given the choice and had no family to leave behind.

Instead of pointing fingers and saying haha you get what you deserve, why dont you people who bitch about cali help? Write some letters, make some phone calls, spread awareness. Oh, almost forgot, its more fun to get on the net and give people shit about what they cant do with their guns than to help a fellow gun owner keep what the 2nd amendment provides.

There are more people here on our side than you think. Unfortunately there arent enough of us to vote in better leaders.

We get to thank all the illegals and welfare leeches for the situation we are in.

What screwed this state over was the SCOTUS ruling on Reynolds v Sims.  

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 9:37:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/2/2012 3:23:27 PM EDT by VA-gunnut]

Originally Posted By 74novaman:

Instead of pointing fingers and saying haha you get what you deserve, why dont you people who bitch about cali help?

Because yall keep telling us everything is fine, the people are great, the weather is amazing, and if a little political BS is what ya gotta deal with to live there, its worth it.  

Sorry, don't have a lot of sympathy.  If CA gun owners would admit their state is fucked sideways when it comes to gun rights and ask for meaningful help, I'd love to.  But mostly what I hear is reasons why we're wrong and its really ok the way it is....

Things aren't fine, this place is a fucking cespool for illegals Edited...VA-gunnut baby factorys collecting WIC, topped with idealistic faggot hippies/hollywood that want to give the earth a hug and fuck a fir tree.

I know no one with half a brain here that says they can tolerate the politics for some sun.

If I didn't live in a rather conservative county I would shit even more chickens than I already do.

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 9:40:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ElectricSheep556:

It's been filtering out for a while now.

Many would believe that the influx of Big City Thinkers are to blame for Colorado's woes.  If you are so inclined to broaden your view on the topic please read "The Blueprint"
http://www.redstate.com/nedryun/2010/04/14/the-blueprint-how-the-democrats-won-colorado-and-why-republicans-everywhere-should-care/
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 9:42:15 PM EDT

Things aren't fine, this place is a fucking cespool for illegal beaners and multicolored baby factorys collecting WIC, topped with idealistic faggot hippies/hollywood that want to give the earth a hug and fuck a fir tree.

I know no one with half a brain here that says they can tolerate the politics for some sun.

If I didn't live in a rather conservative county I would shit even more chickens than I already do.

I guess I need to amend my statement.  MOST Californians (even the gun loving ones we have on this site) feed us the BS I mentioned.  You're obviously not in that group.

Unfortunately, we have the same entitlement/welfare problems here in Texas, and the hippies are trying their best to infiltrate.  They've already infested Austin (many of them from california).  

But thats a problem everywhere.  Its the "no, really our gun laws aren't that bad" types that really make me go

If that doesn't makes sense, blame the vodka.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Top Top