Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2005 12:06:07 AM EDT
Any of yall from the 16 page smoking thread from last year still quit?  I am for just  a tad over a year now ( I quit when I started my vacation on Dec 25)

It still sucks too.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:12:26 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Any of yall from the 16 page smoking thread from last year still quit?  I am for just  a tad over a year now ( I quit when I started my vacation on Dec 25)

It still sucks too.

WooT!! - Damned fine job!!!

I remember several online talking last New Years about how they quit blah blah blah....  Some of the best lasted some 3 days(Maybe up to 5).  I never heard much from anyone that made it last.

Great job man!

I quit  a 23 year Copenhagen habit 1 and a half years ago - it sucks sometimes, but it still gets better over time.  Oh yea, and if ya notice, the nico-fits are getting shorter and shorter.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:25:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I swore that I'd never touch the stuff again, maybe it was in that thread.  And I didn't, at least for a couple months.  I think I started up again in August, and dipped through September and decided to go public in October.  My girl used the word "slave" to describe my addiction at that time.  I was pissed as a wet cat for a minute, but realized that it was true.  I threw that can of dip in the garbage and now recoil from it as though it were a cross.

I suppose I'm clean for about three or four months now but I lost count.  Happy to be free, and happy to not be paying those who would give me cancer.  

Surprisingly, it was easy as Pie to quit.  I  don't know why but this time I just said to myself it's time to quit and quit I did, with very little discomfort and without much thought.  Best wishes to those who have quit and those that plan to, and best wishes to those who continue to use tobacco and will some day lay it down.  And best wishes to those who will use tobacco to the bitter end, I know how it is.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:21:28 AM EDT
[#3]
^^^

Any updates?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:32:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It still sucks too.

Congrats 101

You'll live alot longer and healthier life.

I kicked the butts about 12 years ago ( cold turkey ) and thank myself occasionaly for doing so. Expensive - deadly and nasty habit.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:34:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top