Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 6:02:28 AM EDT

Do you just have to have the correct video card and software?

I have an older ATI card with cable-in connections, a tuner, and all - could I plug it into my AGP, plug in my cable coax, and run it on XP Home edition?  Or do you have to have XP Media?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:04:04 AM EDT
[#1]
ATI all in wonder card is reccomended, but you can do that with a TV tuner card.

Of course, even without a tv tuner or an all-in-wonder I can watch all the TV I want on my PC.  I just download the epsiodes and watch them through the pc on my tv, though an s-video cable.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:05:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:13:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's what I'm using.  All you have to do is load the software to your PC, connect the cable coax, and the connect it to a USB port.

Pinnacle PCTV USB2 TV Tuner

Bought it here for $89 + shipping
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:14:39 AM EDT
[#4]
They got the hook up nephew!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:15:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Dear god, man, they've had TV tuners for PC for 10 years at least

I'm guessing you ain't what they call an early adaptor.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#6]
With magic that they stole from this incredible repository of magic called "Fry's Electronics".

WOoooOooOoOooooo
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have an older ATI card with cable-in connections, a tuner, and all - could I plug it into my AGP, plug in my cable coax, and run it on XP Home edition?

That will work. Check ATI's website for new drivers for that card. It will run as a "picture in picture" window on your desktop.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:31:54 PM EDT
[#8]
There has been a market shift toward big screen TV's and larger computer monitors.

As a result the little people who used to be in the small TV's (27" or less) are out of work, because they are way to small to be in a big screen TV. Coonsidering the number of TV's in America alone that is a large amount of unemployed little people.

So the FCC and the Dept of labor worked out a deal where computer manufacturers get a gov't subsidy for putting the little people into the newer large monitors.

You are probably to young to remember when cable TV started. With all those extra channels that were added there wasn't enough little TV people to go around!

Sorry, I should have started this with "Listen up because this is no shit...."
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:36:49 PM EDT
[#9]
You ask many questions........but did you get your vanity up in the bathroom?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:26:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You ask many questions........but did you get your vanity up in the bathroom?

Not yet.  Had a rough night.  Will probably have an even rougher Wednesday.

To answer the other comment(s) above.  I have used a tuner before obviously since I have an older tuner card, so I guess I was really just asking about hte copatibility of the older card with newer hardware/software, and the expected results.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:34:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top