Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 5:19:08 AM EST
My coworker gave me an iphone. He said one of his bitches gave it to him. He is dominican and reallllllly sketchy and I am sure it is stolen. Should I try and activate it or no? It is an early model 4gb.

I called AT&T to try and run the serial # but they will not do it. They said just to try and activate it and if it works then it is not stolen...what to do.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:20:50 AM EST
ummm...send it to your father in law?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:20:51 AM EST
Just activate it. If someone comes a knockin, just point them to him.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:23:28 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 5:33:10 AM EST by NoStockBikes]
Activate it. Turn it to vibrate and duct tape it to your fleshlight. When your father in law calls and says you're an asshole. It'll be mind blowing.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:25:00 AM EST
they don't use sim cards? dropping one in would be easy and pain free.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:25:46 AM EST
activate it and enjoy the reaming of $30 extra a month...

I-phones= APPLE+GHEY * Lube + Butthole
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:28:57 AM EST
Originally Posted By chrism101:
activate it and enjoy the reaming of $30 extra a month...

I-phones= APPLE+GHEY * Lube + Butthole

$30?

I pay $150/Month...BARGAIN! Love my iPhone!

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:31:05 AM EST
wow another troll thread? you are suddenly so popular - did one of your other accounts get locked recently?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:31:51 AM EST
Pics of the bitch or it didn't happen.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:32:47 AM EST
Originally Posted By armoredsaint:
wow another troll thread? you are suddenly so popular - did one of your other accounts get locked recently?

Everything I post is 100% true, I actually have an honesty problem that I see a therapist for. I can not tell lies or keep secrets.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:39:16 AM EST
Originally Posted By Argetni:

Everything I post is 100% true, I actually have an honesty problem that I see a therapist for. I can not tell lies or keep secrets.

They made a movie about you right?
Yes Man...?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:40:22 AM EST
Activate it, whats the worst that could happen.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:46:01 AM EST

I'll give you one thing...you sure know how to set new standards for bullshit. And for that you get the big flag!

IBTL
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:47:41 AM EST
Would arrest for receipt of stolen property end your trolling?

If so, I'm all for it. Fire that bitch up!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:56:35 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 6:56:52 AM EST by Argetni]
I called AT&T twice and both reps said if it was reported stolen it will not activate but to try it anyway. I guess I should.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:02:40 AM EST
sim card goes in the top pull it out insert new one see what happens.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:05:30 AM EST
Originally Posted By grayparatrooper:

I took the card out of my activated LG phone and it said no service in the iphone. There is also a small lock icon at the top of the screen.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:07:34 AM EST
I called AT&T twice and both reps said if it was reported stolen it will not activate but to try it anyway. I guess I should.

Jeezus already! Try the fuckin thing, the reps told you what to do, if it doesn't work just turn the fuckin thing in.

YOU NEED THIS
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:06:44 AM EST
Don't be a pussy..........he sounds legit
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:12:30 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 9:13:06 AM EST by hellbound]

I took the card out of my activated LG phone and it said no service in the iphone. There is also a small lock icon at the top of the screen.

you need the newer sim cards and you can't use an iphone on any other network than AT&T

ETA: I pay $150/month for (2) iphones, unlimited texting, 1400 shared minutes, unlimited nights/weekend, unlimited data, etc
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:05:58 AM EST

Originally Posted By hellbound:

you need the newer sim cards and you can't use an iphone on any other network than AT&T

ETA: I pay $150/month for (2) iphones, unlimited texting, 1400 shared minutes, unlimited nights/weekend, unlimited data, etc

You can unlock the iPhone and then use it on any provider that uses GSM.

Same thing with any other phone. As long as the type of network is the same (GSM, CDMA, iDEN, etc) then an unlocked phone can be used for multiple providers. This is easiest with a SIM card, but can be done wiht out one as well.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:07:06 AM EST
You'd better give it to your wife as a present to make up for all your Arfcom posts that you claim she saw last evening..
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:44:52 PM EST
Originally Posted By defconfive:

Originally Posted By hellbound:

You can unlock the iPhone and then use it on any provider that uses GSM.

Same thing with any other phone. As long as the type of network is the same (GSM, CDMA, iDEN, etc) then an unlocked phone can be used for multiple providers. This is easiest with a SIM card, but can be done wiht out one as well.

unlocking the iPhone requires hacking the software, out of the box you can't just swap the card
Top Top