Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2006 11:29:52 AM EDT
in the direction of two burgulars yesterday.  He came home and found them robbing his house for the 5TH TIME IN A MONTH and he whipped out his Glock Fo-tay and ran them around the yard and woods as he fired at them.  No kidding.  Nine shots and they kept heading south.  

The local Barnies showed up,,looked at the hole cut in the fence in the same direction as the path worn into the grass towards the unemployeed scumbag neighbors house and said yet again, "THERE IS NO PROOF THEY ARE THE ONES DOING IT."   NO KIDDING, they then cancelled the tracking dog and filed yet another report.  The trail of stolen property leading from his house to theirs did not matter, the cigs, lighter, bottle of water, car keys and left shoe were not proof of anything either.

I'll update when I get more news.  The cops went over after the last two and made them give back all of the property they "found in their yard".  He's pissed and now they are shooting at scumbags.  The old guy across the road, sits on the porch with a 16ga shotgun while he smokes his pipe to keep them out of his yard.  I told my bro to offer him 500 dollars cash for the arrest of anyone he catches robbing the house, the old guy was thrilled to have a hobby.  The idea of pumping a load of shot into some meth heads ass made him smile all day.

I guess if the cops won't help you you gotta help yourself.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 11:31:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Your bro needs to work on his accuracy!

Hope it gets better. I half expected this to be a Draw Down™ story.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 11:34:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Put a box for a big-screen TV in the back yard and hunt over bait.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 11:34:20 AM EDT
[#3]
He lives in the southeast.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I wish your brother the best of luck.

Glock 22 in fotay?

Dare I ask, Is he profeshunal enuf?
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 11:36:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Glock 22 in fotay?

Apparently not. Even the "only person profeshunal enuf" shot somebody.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 11:37:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like he needs to borrow a friends rotty and just lets say, keep him hungry.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 11:38:03 AM EDT
[#7]
He does know what'll happen if/when he shoots them as they're running away from him, right?
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 11:38:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Hmm 9 shots and he didn't hit em? you need to bring him to a shoot for practice
Wer'e your brother live?
The guy that burglerized us lived right across the street, he's doing 7 years after we found some of our stuff loaded in the back of his truck. the detectives "investigating" our burglery didn't even bother to interview him for 3 weeks after he was arrested by a traffic cop
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 11:45:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glock 22 in fotay?

Apparently not. Even the "only person profeshunal enuf" shot somebody.

Link Posted: 6/16/2006 11:46:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Where the hell does your brother live that it's okay for him to be "busting caps" at people who are running away from the scene of a non-violent crime?

Not that I personally have any problem with it, I'm just curious as to why the cops didn't.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 11:47:20 AM EDT
[#11]
tag fo da shitstorm
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 11:50:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Where the hell does your brother live that it's okay for him to be "busting caps" at people who are running away from the scene of a non-violent crime?

Not that I personally have any problem with it, I'm just curious as to why the cops didn't.

I believe here in Florida if you find someone in your house, you can assume they're armed and shoot to kill. Other states are accepting the doctorine now, I believe.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

No kidding,

Imagine if he had actually hit one of them,
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 11:50:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Go ahead and shoot.

Fuck it.

if the law won't help you out, you need to do something to keep yourself from being robbed blind.  

Link Posted: 6/16/2006 11:51:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe here in Florida if you find someone in your house, you can assume they're armed and shoot to kill. Other states are accepting the doctorine now, I believe.

Yeah, but while they are running from you? Thats doesn't really seem like much of a threat.

Wouldn't have bothered me abit if they were killed, but I don't think the law would be very forgiving.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 11:55:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Tell your bro to intall these. Maybe he'll hit something next time.

Link Posted: 6/16/2006 12:07:59 PM EDT
[#17]
The reason is the cops don’t care if he kills a couple of them. No doubt the DAs office is under funded and overworked. They just aren’t going to be able to prosecute someone for burglary, at least not without ironclad evidence. And, sure, they know for certain that someone living there is guilty. But who? There’s no way to tell so they let it go.

But that cuts both ways too…

Remember that “thermite” video from a couple days ago.

Link Posted: 6/16/2006 12:16:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

www.hunt101.com/img/414595.jpg

HoMeBoY brand sights!??!?!?!

I sure as hell would not buy something that had a name like that, What are they trying to open up a new market for street thugs.

"For Bustin' Caps in da dark.... yo"
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 12:18:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No kidding,

Imagine if he had actually hit one of them,

S.S.S.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 12:19:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I think it is time to cleanse the neighborhood with fire.  If the meth heads were to start their own house on fire....who would care?
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Sorry to hear about his luck, but..shooting at them as they're running away, and chasing them shooting?
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 12:24:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Thats funny!
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 12:24:59 PM EDT
[#23]
I recommend that he place a empty Plasma TV carton on the street for trash pickup and then pretend to leave the house for work or whatever but really be waiting inside. That is what a friend of mine did, kinda. He knew someone was coming into his house so he moved his truck to his mom's house, and let everyone else leave for work and school. He sat quitely in a dark corner  with .45 in hand waiting for them to come in the window that the robber had rigged not to close all the way, and they did.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 12:31:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/16/2006 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I sure as hell would not buy something that had a name like that, What are they trying to open up a new market for street thugs.

Oh man, I can't stock enough of them. I must sell 6-8 sets of those sights a week. They make them for Lorcin's too. Real money makers for me. Hell I can sell a set of HoMeBoys and make more on them than I can a new Glock.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh man, I can't stock enough of them. I must sell 6-8 sets of those sights a week. They make them for Lorcin's too. Real money makers for me. Hell I can sell a set of HoMeBoys and make more on them than I can a new Glock.

Ok so I finally get it, I didn't read the whole ad.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Fire...It's a man's best friend.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 1:57:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
He does know what'll happen if/when he shoots them as they're running away from him, right?

they will die??!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#29]
My Uncle used to put a nicely wrapped box in the back of his truck around christmas time.
Inside the box???.....

A cinder block for weight and a nice big rattlesnake.

Texas justice.

Kirk
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 6:20:42 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok so I finally get it, I didn't read the whole ad.

That's OK, the Richmond Virgina City Council didn't get it either

Hoax angers city officials

Bogus flier promotes night sights as accessories for Glock handguns

BY WILL JONES
TIMES-DISPATCH STAFF WRITER
Jun 18, 2001

For a few hours, Birdman Weapons Systems and the HoMeBoY Nyte-Sytes were prime targets in Richmond.

"They're advocating destruction on our streets, and they're targeting our people," Councilman G. Manoli Loupassi said. "That's about as bad as it gets."

Police Capt. Walter Allmon expressed similar outrage. He said a flier promoting the HoMeBoY is disturbing because it's designed to appeal to young black men, who often are the victims of gun violence in Richmond and elsewhere.

Allmon, who leads Richmond's detective division, brought the flier to the city's Public Safety Committee about three weeks ago and said it had been distributed that weekend at a gun show in Henrico County.

The flier, actually a printout from a Web site, urges would-be buyers to "be the first in the hood to have the HoMeBoY brand Night Sights installed on your New-Model Glock!"

It says orders are being accepted and shows pictures of a Glock handgun outfitted to allow sideways shooting "as seen in today's hit movies."

"Allows firing from car windows, over fences, bar counters, or simply while chasing someone through the hood!"

Birdman Weapons Systems promotes itself as providing "Unfriendly Products for an Unfriendly World." The flier gives specifications for the HoMeBoY, including its weight and size, as well as the Glock models on which it can be used.

Before realizing the HoMeBoY apparently isn't an actual product, Loupassi, chairman of the Public Safety Committee, was outraged.

"I believe that is indefensible, and I'm part of the pro-gun lobby," he told a reporter.

A few hours later, Loupassi gave copies of the flier to City Council members and said the state attorney general's office and the federal prosecutor's office should be asked to investigate.

"In my opinion, it does not get any worse than this," said Loupassi, a lawyer and former city prosecutor.

By the next day, Loupassi had discovered the HoMeBoY isn't real, and the Web site, Birdman.org, isn't a link to a weapons company. He expressed relief and considered the matter dropped. "It's a freedom-of-expression issue."

But he added, "I don't see the humor in it, because I've seen so many people die because of guns."

Birdman.org is registered to an address in Covington, Ky., according to the Web site networksolutions.com. The Times-Dispatch contacted Birdman by e-mail and got a coy response. The person refused to be identified except as Birdman. The Times-Dispatch also contacted by phone a woman who described herself as Birdman's mother.

Birdman's Web site includes a lengthy commentary on modern society and says it offers the best and most powerful weaponry concepts. "To gaze upon these images is to gaze upon your inner soul and the cold, brutal war waged within. Look, study, 'think' . . . and then ask yourself, 'Do I really fear this?'"

Allmon said he learned the HoMeBoY wasn't real soon after returning from last month's Public Safety Committee meeting. He said the rights to free speech and to bear arms are to be respected, but, he added, Birdman's Web site raises serious concerns even if its products are only concepts.

He noted other night sights are available, and Birdman suggests they be used for shooting people, particularly young black males. "This gun show was held within a mile of predominantly African-American communities," he said.

Paul F. Jannuzzo, vice president and general counsel for Glock Inc. in Smyrna, Ga., said the company has been aware of the HoMeBoY. He said he sent a letter to Birdman a while back, asking that the company's name no longer be used.

"This is the first we've heard of anyone taking this seriously," he said. "I can't believe a police officer would look at that and not know it wasn't real. They've been watching too many movies."

A Glock could not be outfitted and work as the Web site suggests, he said.

"Except to look like Antonio Banderas, why would you? Who holds their gun like that?"

Bill Dunham, agent in charge of the Richmond office of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, said his agency has been familiar with the Birdman site for some time. He said it's believed to be a satire, in part because it doesn't give prices or any opportunity to buy weapons.

He said some of the weapons described could not be made legally. He also found the site's high number of "hits" - more than 100,000 in the past year - a bit disturbing.

"It puts ideas in people's heads," Dunham said. "We don't need any more creative weapons than there are."

Contact Will Jones at (804) 649-6911 or [email protected]

Link Posted: 6/16/2006 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#31]

What can I say other than, Deeeerrrrrrr
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#32]
I agree with one of the previous posters,  get you a rot or doberman.  Train that SOB to be a killer and turn him lose in your house while your gone.

Keep your guns for when they're coming after you and not your property!  Regardless of what your laws are, property ain't worth going to jail for!

My 2 cents!

Link Posted: 6/16/2006 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
in the direction of two burgulars yesterday.  He came home and found them robbing his house for the 5TH TIME IN A MONTH ...

You cannot rob a house.  Robery is theft from a person via force or fear. Property theft from a home is burglary.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:"THERE IS NO PROOF THEY ARE THE ONES DOING IT."  

I agree.  The real proof is a the guy laying on the lawn with his brains spilling out because your bro spent more time at the range.

But good on him for carrying.  Was the shoot justified?  Maybe in TX, but probably not in WA State.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 6:51:59 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm LEO here in Florida and you could not be more wrong.  Contact your local SAO and ask them to discuss this issue with you.  

The various SAO's can't even agree on how to handle this issue and some folks have been charged as a result.

If and when you pull the trigger you better be able to ARTICULATE why taking a human life was ABSOLOUTLY NECESSARY at that SPECFIFC TIME AND PLACE.  It all boils down to a simple issue... at the time a human life was taken was it ABSOLOUTLY NECESSARY?  If so, WHY?  To save your TV falls way short of a correct answer.

Link Posted: 6/16/2006 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, this is true (I'm a FL resident BTW).  However, once the guy is no longer in the house and is even running away then you can't objectively be seen as in fear for your safety.  That's a bad shoot.

If you come in and he's still in the house, you hold his life in your hands.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 6:56:37 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm LEO here in Florida and you could not be more wrong.  Contact your local SAO and ask them to discuss this issue with you.  

The various SAO's can't even agree on how to handle this issue and some folks have been charged as a result.

If and when you pull the trigger you better be able to ARTICULATE why taking a human life was ABSOLOUTLY NECESSARY at that SPECFIFC TIME AND PLACE.  It all boils down to a simple issue... at the time a human life was taken was it ABSOLOUTLY NECESSARY?  If so, WHY?  To save your TV falls way short of a correct answer.

I assume you're only speaking of Florida, correct?
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I recommend that he place a empty Plasma TV carton on the street for trash pickup and then pretend to leave the house for work or whatever but really be waiting inside. That is what a friend of mine did, kinda. He knew someone was coming into his house so he moved his truck to his mom's house, and let everyone else leave for work and school. He sat quitely in a dark corner  with .45 in hand waiting for them to come in the window that the robber had rigged not to close all the way, and they did.

AND THEN???
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't speak for him, but he must be speaking only about FL.

The law in TX is that it is a good shoot even if they're breaking into your car or something even in a common parking lot.  Is that scenario correct?

I really want to find work in San Antonio.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 7:06:25 PM EDT
[#40]
I see a lot of folks calling bad shoot based on the law.

But if I'm not mistaken Texas has a law on the books that says if someone is trying to deprive you of your personal property after the sun has set, you have the legal right to drop the scumbag.

Is this a myth? Or is this accurate?
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 7:10:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Not just at night. The "during the nighttime" thing is just noting a separate offense.

If someone steals from you in this state and you dont reasonably see any other way of recovering your property, it is a justified shoot.  Watch out for unethical civil attorneys, though.

Here:

"§ 9.41. Protection of One's Own Property

(a) A person in lawful possession of land or tangible, movable property is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the other's trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the property.

(b) A person unlawfully dispossessed of land or tangible, movable property by another is justified in using force against the other when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to reenter the land or recover the property if the actor uses the force immediately or in fresh pursuit after the dispossession and:

(1) the actor reasonably believes the other had no claim of right when he dispossessed the actor; or

(2) the other accomplished the dispossession by using force, threat, or fraud against the actor.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, § 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, § 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

§ 9.42. Deadly Force to Protect Property

A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, § 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, § 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994."

Link Posted: 6/16/2006 7:38:01 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't speak for him, but he must be speaking only about FL.

The law in TX is that it is a good shoot even if they're breaking into your car or something even in a common parking lot.  Is that scenario correct?

I really want to find work in San Antonio.

To make a VERY LONG story short, I have had this debate with several folks here on AR15.com before.  I even called the various STATES and talked DIRECTLY to their perspective STATES ATTY'S OFFICES, and all but 1 (Colorado), admitted that even though the WRITTEN LAW of their STATE provides "guidlines" for the use of DEADLY FORCE by private individuals, CASE LAW and PROSECUTIONAL DISCRETION dictates a much different response.  BE CAREFUL OF WORDS IN WRITTEN LAW SUCH AS "may" and or "can" AS THEY DO NOT MEAN "shall".  I felt that the guy I spoke to in COLORADO simply did not want me to post on the internet anything other than what their STATUTORY law addressed... can't blame him.

Here in Florida, a private citizen, can by STATUTORY LAW, use DEADLY FORCE to PREVENT A FORCABLE FELONY.  The SAO will tell you flat out... IT AIN"T THAT CUT AND DRY.

So... for those of you who want to fire on a "fleeing felon" as he/she is hauling ass with your TV, or fire at someone hanging 1/2 way out your vehicle, I bid you the best.

It gets no more complicated than this.... WAS THE KILLING ABSOLOUTLY NECESSARY?  Because in most cases, that will be the question...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top