Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2004 9:41:04 AM EDT
Start of class last night, he hands out these slips of paper with a category for Bush, Kerry, and Badnarik. I think, "Ok, I'll play along."

Everyone checks their ballot and hands them in.  He walks up front and takes the first 4 off the top and throws them on his desk saying "This being America, we won't count these four."

Thats when I started grinding my teeth.

Initial tally 9 for Bush, 6 for Kerry, 2 no votes, 0 for Badnarik.  Then he says, "Well... lets count the ones on the table now."  (right.. I thought we weren't counting those...)

updated score - 10 for bush 9 for kerry.  Then 2 more people walk in late, both of whom I know personally are ardent Bush supporters.

Then he goes on to say how we should all go visit electoral-vote.com to see why Kerry is going to win, blah blah.   Only after I raise my hand and point out that the site hes advertising during class time bases many of its predictions on an acknowledged biased poll (Zogby) does he finally shut up and get down to the class.  

Then he hands back my two previous papers, making me feel a little bit guilty for chewing on him since he gave me an A for both of em...
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:45:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Start of class last night, he hands out these slips of paper with a category for Bush, Kerry, and Badnarik. I think, "Ok, I'll play along."

Everyone checks their ballot and hands them in.  He walks up front and takes the first 4 off the top and throws them on his desk saying "This being America, we won't count these four."

Thats when I started grinding my teeth.

Initial tally 9 for Bush, 6 for Kerry, 2 no votes, 0 for Badnarik.  Then he says, "Well... lets count the ones on the table now."  (right.. I thought we weren't counting those...)

updated score - 10 for bush 9 for kerry.  Then 2 more people walk in late, both of whom I know personally are ardent Bush supporters.

Then he goes on to say how we should all go visit electoral-vote.com to see why Kerry is going to win, blah blah.   Only after I raise my hand and point out that the site hes advertising during class time bases many of its predictions on an acknowledged biased poll (Zogby) does he finally shut up and get down to the class.  

Then he hands back my two previous papers, making me feel a little bit guilty for chewing on him since he gave me an A for both of em...

No need to feel guilty... he was shilling for Kerry on your dime... you pay to learn, not to be indoctrinated with political ideology.

exactly.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:52:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I think he was just a little upset that the student body as a whole didn't overwhelmingly support kerry...

Now that I think about it tho, Its kind of interesting that he put Badnarik on there as a third party candidate and not Nader...
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:00:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't be guilty.  You (and others) are paying for your education...NOT for a liberal prof to blather on about Kerry.

Enjoy your As...you earned them.

Liberals...sheesh...
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:38:34 PM EDT
[#5]
You should have asked

"Professor, those 4 ballots you do not want counted.  Would those be military absentee votes by chance?"
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:41:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You should have asked

"Professor, those 4 ballots you do not want counted.  Would those be military absentee votes by chance?"

+1 lol

btw, what kind of class was this - did it have ANYTHING to do with Politics?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#7]
the class was the Emergence of Modern U.S.

After counting the 4 votes on the desk and seeing that 3 were for kerry his comment was something like, "Well that would be typical of an American election."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top