Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2006 6:44:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:45:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Typical Asshat. He probably has never owened a gun in his life...
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:47:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:48:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:49:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:50:44 AM EDT
[#5]
so does this mean all the asshat celebs will still get them?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:52:01 AM EDT
[#6]

"I do think that having concealed weapons on the streets of major cities is not something that is in the interests of the citizens of those cities in this day and age, and I don't think the founding fathers really thought about that when they drafted the Constitution," Bloomberg said.

Right.  And his qualifications as a Constitutional Scholar are what exactly?

Jackass.

Sheep
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:53:48 AM EDT
[#7]
i think he should give up his firearms, as well as bodyguards...

then tell him to walk through each burro of the city on foot, unprotected, and unmonitored...

then tell him to get back at us
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:54:54 AM EDT
[#8]
"If you want a gun permit, you should have to really show that your life is in danger, and that having a gun will protect you, will improve the chances of you surviving," the mayor said.

So should they ask muggers, murderers and rapists to submit an intent to commit their crimes so the victim has reason to get a carry permit? Last time I checked a lot of crime is RANDOM, or at least without much warning.

So pretty much this law protects celebrities and powerful people but leaves your average joe to fend off guns with his hands. Complete BS
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:55:33 AM EDT
[#9]

"I do think that having concealed weapons on the streets of major cities is not something that is in the interests of the citizens of those cities in this day and age, and I don't think the founding fathers really thought about that when they drafted the Constitution," Bloomberg said.

Yeah, Bloomberg...The Founding Fathers didn't consider the possible uses and benefits for carrying weapons. They just FORGOT to deliberate over that aspect of the 2nd Amendment when they wrote it.

What a moron. He's the scariest type of moron, too. One in power. Elected officals like him live in an idealistic bubble where they are so removed from the populous that all they can see is their utopian ideal city, and not reality. They forget that they serve the people, not rule them.

I know where he's going with this: "You see, the Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution back when all they had were muzzle-loading muskets. They didn't expect we would have assault rifles, therefore the 2A doesn't apply."

I can't count the number of times I've heard this bullshit. What they don't realize is that when the Constitution was written, MUSKETS WERE ASSAULT RIFLES!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:02:57 AM EDT
[#10]
"Duhhhhh ...  uhhhh....  ummmmm...  Our founding fathers were all, like, stupid and stuff.  They weren't smart like me.  I know better than those old guys.  They still burned witches and stuff.  America is bad.  We should be more like France."
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:05:52 AM EDT
[#11]

NEW YORK (AP) — A personal employee of Mayor Michael Bloomberg was beaten by thieves who then carjacked the billionaire's car Wednesday morning in New Jersey, authorities said.
The employee was driving the 2001 Lexus in Hackensack, N.J., on an errand for the mayor shortly before 9 a.m. when he was approached by a woman who came to the window to ask for money, police said. As he declined and began to roll up the window, a man got into the passenger seat and punched him in the face.

"They force him out and take off," said Hackensack police Capt. Frank Lomia.

The car was found about two hours later, abandoned on the side of the road in Fair Lawn, N.J. Police were looking for the two suspects.

Bloomberg's employee was not seriously injured and his name was not released. He is one of many staffers who take care of Bloomberg's personal business and his homes, including his townhouse in Manhattan and country house in upstate New York.

From HT forum here: http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=9&t=247011

So... in a roundabout way, Bloomberg has already been "victimized".
No guns involved, but his driver had no way to defend himself...
And Bloomberg doesn't care.

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:07:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:10:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

NEW YORK (AP) — A personal employee of Mayor Michael Bloomberg was beaten by thieves who then carjacked the billionaire's car Wednesday morning in New Jersey, authorities said.
The employee was driving the 2001 Lexus in Hackensack, N.J., on an errand for the mayor shortly before 9 a.m. when he was approached by a woman who came to the window to ask for money, police said. As he declined and began to roll up the window, a man got into the passenger seat and punched him in the face.

"They force him out and take off," said Hackensack police Capt. Frank Lomia.

The car was found about two hours later, abandoned on the side of the road in Fair Lawn, N.J. Police were looking for the two suspects.

Bloomberg's employee was not seriously injured and his name was not released. He is one of many staffers who take care of Bloomberg's personal business and his homes, including his townhouse in Manhattan and country house in upstate New York.

From HT forum here: http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=9&t=247011

So... in a roundabout way, Bloomberg has already been "victimized".
No guns involved, but his driver had no way to defend himself...
And Bloomberg doesn't care.

Of course he doesn't care.  It was just one of the cattle that was beaten.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:21:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Jackass.

Sheep

He's got more money than you or I - that's his qualifications.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:26:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Anyone who spends approx. $200 million dollars of their own money to  get elected/re-elected as the Mayor of NYC belongs in an insane asylum. Nuff said.

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:30:18 AM EDT
[#16]
My great-grandmother was Jewish.  I consider myself to be partially Jewish.  When I see comments by Bloomberg and other liberal Jews, I understand why so many people hate us.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:33:32 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't think the founding fathers really thought about that when they drafted the Constitution," Bloomberg said.

Another RINO.

No, Bloomberg, that is EXACTLY what the Founding Fathers intended when they drafted the Constitution.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:33:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:36:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
My great-grandmother was Jewish.  I consider myself to be partially Jewish.  When I see comments by Bloomberg and other liberal Jews, I understand why so many people hate us.

I, being non-Jewish, do not understand why people hate jews.
I absolutely do not hate Jews.

Bloomberg is a complete shitstain, but it has nothing to do with Jews.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:39:12 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

At what point does he speak for all Jews?  Really?  Thats like saying that the leader of the Westboro Baptists is speaking for all Christians when he organizes funeral protests.  

Actually thats funny, I was thinking the exact same thing...
He's not like Sharpton, Jackson, and Belafonte, all of whom seem to speak for all blacks. (in their own opinions, I mean)
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:39:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Geez, you people act like its a right to own a gun.  Oh wait it is, never mind.

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:42:45 AM EDT
[#22]

and I don't think the founding fathers really thought about that when they drafted the Constitution," Bloomberg said.

This argument is my latest pet peeve.  The concept of the militia - that is the body of the citizenry armed with personal weapons - has survived centuries of technological development.  Yet asshats like Bloomberg think that the last 50 years or so of advancements have now made it obsolete.

In 500 B.C., in Ancient Greece, the militia meant the body of citizenry armed for war.  Citizens of the city states came to battle armed with thier own personal spears, shields, swords, slings and javelins.

"Militia" meant the same thing in Rome

"Militia" meant the same thing in the middle ages, and in England the system was in place for all of its recorded history.

"Militia" meant the same thing when people carried bows and crossbows.

"Militia" meant the same thing when people carried muskets

"Militia" meant the same thing when people carried muzzle loading rifles, then trapdoors, then lever guns, then bolt guns, etc.

Now, however, we are to believe that the last 50 or so years of technological advancement couldn't have been anticipated by the founders and is therefore obsolete.  Horseshit.  The founders knew damn well that the militia as a concept was viable regardless of the technological advancements which would occur.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:43:04 AM EDT
[#23]
[

November 1, 2006 -- ALBANY - The city should slash the number of people who are allowed to carry concealed weapons, Mayor Bloomberg said yesterday.

"We've taken a look at it to see whether we couldn't have fewer," Bloomberg said. "I can tell you one thing: We will keep it to as a minimum as we possibly can."

Bloomberg added that he has asked Police Commissioner Ray Kelly to tackle the issue.

"If you want a gun permit, you should have to really show that your life is in danger, and that having a gun will protect you, will improve the chances of you surviving," the mayor said.

He added that he doesn't have a problem with people who own guns to hunt, but said it doesn't make sense for those in densely populated urban areas.

The mayor has been on a much-publicized national campaign to crack down on illegal guns and dealers who sell them.

So we all know when and how our life will be in danger, by that time it will probably be to late.  What an Asshat.

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:50:00 AM EDT
[#24]

The mayor has been on a much-publicized national campaign to crack down on illegal guns and dealers who sell them.

Maybe the asshat should stick to where he was elected, and worry about REAL crime, bums, and cleaning up the trash on the streets.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:57:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:25:28 AM EDT
[#26]
So wait a minute...'registered' concealed carry people are committing armed crimes? That is who they are disarming, unless I read that wrong. Yeah, that'll lower the crime rate.

I know, dead horse...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:33:21 AM EDT
[#27]
What pisses me off the most is his assertion that the greatest governmental charter ever created by man is basically just a piece of fucking paper.

My family is travelling to NYC this weekend, and I was jealous because I'm getting left in boring old Texas. Not anymore. I'd rather sit around all weekend with nothing but my USP and inherent rights than do ANYTHING under the reign of some maniacal city-state tyrant.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:34:45 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Ah, but this is only 1/2 of the story. That comment took place at a ceremony where everyone's favorite gun bannig Republican Govenor. Elmer Pataki, was signing a new law toughing up the punishment for having an unregistered handgun in New York. Although old Elmer was silent through Bloomber's remarks he said that he thought New York State's pistol permit system was a great idea.

Good luck running for national office Elmer.

I've always called him pah'toki. (star trek joke)
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:35:34 AM EDT
[#29]
And yet he'll wonder why their crime rate keeps going up What a fucking retard!
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:37:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:38:27 AM EDT
[#31]

We've taken a look at it to see whether we couldn't have fewer

How much lower than "damn near no one" can they go.

I guess the Police Commishioner could make it policy that off-duty officers aren't allowed to carry.  But frankly Wave, I wouldn't sell my holsters if I were you.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:39:40 AM EDT
[#32]
fuck him.
who cares.

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:46:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:01:04 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I guess the Police Commishioner could make it policy that off-duty officers aren't allowed to carry.  But frankly Wave, I wouldn't sell my holsters if I were you.

There are or were NYC Council member's who have proposed that over the years.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:02:38 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

November 1, 2006 -- ALBANY - The city should slash the number of people who are allowed to carry concealed weapons, Mayor Bloomberg said yesterday.

"We've taken a look at it to see whether we couldn't have fewer," Bloomberg said. "I can tell you one thing: We will keep it to as a minimum as we possibly can."

Bloomberg added that he has asked Police Commissioner Ray Kelly to tackle the issue.

He added that he doesn't have a problem with people who own guns to hunt, but said it doesn't make sense for those in densely populated urban areas.

Hey Bloomberg, you asshat RINO!

The 2nd was not put in place so that we could beg the state for the right to own and carry firearms and it sure as shit wasn't put there for duck hunting.

The 2A is in place so that we can protect ourselves from idiots like you who try to take our rights away and implement your own "social order".. If that scares you then you should take a long, hard look at your political beliefs and what laws you are trying to impose on the citizenry...

Anybody have any legit stats on the instances of N.Y CCW holders using their firearms in actual crimes?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:04:41 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
fuck him.
who cares.

Bloomberg and Friends - Coming to a state near you.

www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org/html/about/members.shtml#UT

Utah:

Mayor Rocky Anderson
Salt Lake City, UT
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:06:19 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Pataki,Bloomberg,Chucky and Hilary. How do you tell their party affiliation when it comes to the 2nd amendment?

Don't be dissin' Mario Pataki.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:53:34 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And yet he'll wonder why their crime rate keeps going up What a fucking retard!

"Compstat" keeps it low!

As in "Cooking the Books".
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 2:47:01 PM EDT
[#40]
There is a real reason why Bloomberg takes this stand, but it is one that he cannot say publicly.

In NYC, as in many other large cities, if CCW laws were "liberalized", that is, made more accessable, what would most likely happen?

There would be an upswing of mostly white folks shooting, mostly, young black males.  

Black power brokers in these cities would be crying out over the killing of black "youths".   Many of these people have real power in a city like NYC.  They are state congressman/women, city council members, church leaders, "civil rights" leaders, etc. and they can wield heavy duty political clout.   Look at the heat the NYPD has come under every time some "honor student" is shot.  And they have a strong organization backing them.  How do you think John Q Citizen would fare with the "No Justice No Peace" crowd?  They'd be serving scapegoats for breakfast.

Also, the biggest fear among big city mayors?  Riots/Civil unrest.

They know that only a thin veneer covers the savagery that could be unleashed in a modern riot, even if it only affects a realatively small area of that city.  Besides the death, destruction and property damage,  a riot is a major stain, politically, for that city's leadership.  Big city mayors will do almost anything to prevent a climate from getting overheated racially.

So. . . CCW as praciticed in many parts of the country is a dead issue in cities such as NYC.

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 2:54:43 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Jackass.

Sheep

They had cities when the COnstitution was written, most of which had their share of brigands.  Yes, a portable, somewhat concelable weapon was very much in the minds of the writers of the Constitution.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 2:57:20 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Yeah, Bloomberg...The Founding Fathers didn't consider the possible uses and benefits for carrying weapons. They just FORGOT to deliberate over that aspect of the 2nd Amendment when they wrote it.

What a moron. He's the scariest type of moron, too. One in power. Elected officals like him live in an idealistic bubble where they are so removed from the populous that all they can see is their utopian ideal city, and not reality. They forget that they serve the people, not rule them.

I know where he's going with this: "You see, the Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution back when all they had were muzzle-loading muskets. They didn't expect we would have assault rifles, therefore the 2A doesn't apply."

I can't count the number of times I've heard this bullshit. What they don't realize is that when the Constitution was written, MUSKETS WERE ASSAULT RIFLES!!!!!

No, they did not forget.  Indeed , they assumed it.  Historical eveidence - journals of attendees at the Convention - say that the Amendments were not thought necessary because the way the COnstitution wAS written  ASSUMED thhe rights of the first 10 Amendments.  The Amendments were written to guarantee against the very sort of country destroying weasel Bloomberg is.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:00:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone want to wish an earthquake or tsunami to wipe NYC off of the face of the Earth?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:25:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:28:42 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Anyone want to wish an earthquake or tsunami to wipe NYC off of the face of the Earth?

Not at all.  I just wish Darwin would begin pre-emptive strikes.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:38:30 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

NOOOO, I grew up in N.Y and still have friends and family that live on L.I..

We need to just round up the libtards and rinos and send em to mexico... There is plenty of room for em (since 50% of mex lives in the US) and they can clean up the place.. Or should I say try to clean up...

Gotta do something to keep them from totally destroying N.Y and Ca, two of the most amazing places in the world (except for the libs that run them)..
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Pataki,Bloomberg,Chucky and Hilary. How do you tell their party affiliation when it comes to the 2nd amendment?

Don't be dissin' Mario Pataki.

Hey now, that Cracki Taki to me.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
There is a real reason why Bloomberg takes this stand, but it is one that he cannot say publicly.

In NYC, as in many other large cities, if CCW laws were "liberalized", that is, made more accessable, what would most likely happen?

There would be an upswing of mostly white folks shooting, mostly, young black males.  

Black power brokers in these cities would be crying out over the killing of black "youths".   Many of these people have real power in a city like NYC.  They are state congressman/women, city council members, church leaders, "civil rights" leaders, etc. and they can wield heavy duty political clout.   Look at the heat the NYPD has come under every time some "honor student" is shot.  And they have a strong organization backing them.  How do you think John Q Citizen would fare with the "No Justice No Peace" crowd?  They'd be serving scapegoats for breakfast.

Also, the biggest fear among big city mayors?  Riots/Civil unrest.

They know that only a thin veneer covers the savagery that could be unleashed in a modern riot, even if it only affects a realatively small area of that city.  Besides the death, destruction and property damage,  a riot is a major stain, politically, for that city's leadership.  Big city mayors will do almost anything to prevent a climate from getting overheated racially.

So. . . CCW as praciticed in many parts of the country is a dead issue in cities such as NYC.

Hot damn! give that man a cigar....He's hit it dead on.

Miami had a wicked race driven riot over a Hispanic/Cuban Police Officer shooting a Blackkid criminal, back in the early 80's... Bad Ju-Ju, very bad.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:05:03 PM EDT
[#49]
In other news...

Lib mayor thinks guns are "icky"

GM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top