Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2013 5:44:30 AM EDT

I am applying for a home loan....and as I am going through the basic first steps, I see this little gem. I feel like the answers are total doublespeak....especially if you read them alone without the prefacing paragraph.  

"Patriot Act

To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: As part of applying for your mortgage loan, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver�s license or other identifying documents.

I AGREE to the Patriot Act

I DO NOT AGREE to the Patriot Act"

This could have never been accomplished without the Patriot Act. How we survived and purchased homes before 9/11 was merely an anomaly of mankind. Luckily, our loving govt has corrected this for us now.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:45:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Meh, thats the same shit they need for a credit check anyways.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:13:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Now we can choose?  Sweet!

I AGREE to the Patriot Act
I DO NOT AGREE to the Patriot Act

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:37:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I think the change is that this information is being sent to the Feds.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:40:15 AM EDT
[#4]
If people on this board actually sat down and read about a tenth of the law the Patriot Act actually codified, there would be an uprising.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:24:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Meanwhile the muslims have thousands of front charities that they funnel money to the terrorists. Most I assume are tax free sanctioned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top