Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2007 5:56:28 PM EDT
What would you see? Where would you go? What would you buy to bring home in the way of souvenir's?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:10:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What would you see? Where would you go? What would you buy to bring home in the way of souvenir's?

Take a ferry to Lantau and see the Tian-Tin Buddha at the Po Lin monestary.

Go to Nathan road.

Buy some real Thai Baht.

Oh wait, I did that already.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:15:10 PM EDT
[#2]
See the Canadian WWII cemetery, get shit faced and pick up a broad with no pickle surprise.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#3]
HK kicks so much ass, I was there for 5 days and I still want to go back.  Let us know what you are in to, and we may be able to steer you in the right direction.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:22:19 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 on the budda trip. If you are a civil e geek  take teh escalator ride up the mountain (it runs down the mountain in the morning and up in the afternoons) gota love the engineering. Go into a beading shop before you go and ask them for a 10 minute lesson on  identifying pearls and other semiprecious stones and make a note of the prices on flea bay. You can buy strings of pears relatively inexpensively to make into necklaces + such. Practice haggling. Try dim-sum at a great restaurant (I don't know any names ask around).
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:22:38 PM EDT
[#5]
1st stop condoms
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:23:28 PM EDT
[#6]
2nd stop airsoft street

i keed!
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I want to go but I am afraid of the Red Chinese.

I would go have Dim Sum for lunch. I herd that it is good food and a neat way of dining.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I had two days in HK about 20 years ago.  I took a tour of the city and adjoining areas, to include Mt. Victoria and the floating restaurant.  I also took a self guided walking tour, during which I purchased a pair of custom made cowboy boots, sweaters and china.  Hong Kong was my favorite WESPAC stop besides Australia.  

Sandguard
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:25:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
HK kicks so much ass, I was there for 5 days and I still want to go back.  Let us know what you are in to, and we may be able to steer you in the right direction.

I'll be ther a total of 2 days.  I was hoping to see some of the sights and look for cheap/inexpesive yet decent quality wrist watches for some Christmas gifts.  I just don't want to sit in my hotel room.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:25:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:44:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Go to a suitcase shop, pick out the biggest I could get on an airplane, then go get as many custom tailored suit/dress shirts I could get in it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:53:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Victoria Peak (by tram).  You pick it up behind (what used to be) the Hong Kong Hilton.

Rickshaw ride, if they still do that.

Have a beer at the bar in the Penninsula Hotel in Kowloon.  Better yet, a gin and tonic.

Do your shopping in Kowloon, right off the Star Ferry.  Forget what they call the area now.

Repulse bay is nice, but unless you live or stay there, I don't think there's much to do.

Can't remember what it's called, but there used to be an entire city of junks on the west side.  I don't think it's as big as it used to be, they built a shitpot full of low-rent high-rise apartments not far away.

You have to eat at Jimmy's Kitchen, just to say you did, if it's still there.

That's already more than you can do in two days.  It's been a long time since I was there, however, and much has changed.  Some of the places may not exist anymore, but there's always something.  Even the commies can't control that many people in that small a place.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:54:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Probably not much, seeing as i lived there for 6 years and have pretty much done/seen everything..
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:57:50 PM EDT
[#14]
afternoon tea in the lobby of The Peninsula

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:58:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Day 1: Hong Kong Disneyland.
Day 2: Make some cute Chinese girl walk funny for a month.

I might also grab dinner, food there is supposed to be great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top