No matter how pedestrian your job is or no matter how shitty you are at it

you can get a reality show gig

jesus TV is a fucking cesspool
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:11:23 PM EDT
[#1]
AND WORSE -  Deej won't like you!  
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#2]

I have no idea what you're talking about, but I know better than to ask for more info.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have no idea what you're talking about, but I know better than to ask for more info.

damn near every "job/industry" related reality show

tattoos , bunch of bling , untucked button up shirt with a shiny dragon on it , leather cowboy hat

and BOOM! you are the new star of janitor/tire shop/carpet cleaning wars

little contrived drama and bogus deadlines  and you are GTG

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

tattoos , bunch of bling , untucked button up shirt with a shiny dragon on it , leather cowboy hat

Sad but true.  The closest I come to watching reality tv is Top Gear and about the only thing that has in common with reality tv is it isn't scripted.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm partial to "Deadliest Catch" mostly because the Hillstrands make the show worth watching.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:31:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sad but true.  The closest I come to watching reality tv is Top Gear and about the only thing that has in common with reality tv is it isn't scripted.

I'm pretty sure reality TV is scripted now.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Are there people who really don't watch Dancing with the Stars?  I don't believe it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

yep

there is always writers listed in the credits

and that shitty wooden delivery sure isn't like any off the cuff banter I have ever seen

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:36:09 PM EDT
[#9]
When home, I turn on the tv in the morning to catch the weather and occasionally in the evening to watch Criminal Minds. That's the extent of it, don't have pay tv.

I honestly had no idea the royal wedding was going on until a friend mentioned it last Thursday.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:37:45 PM EDT
[#10]
One more episode of Justified this season... luckily, a new season of South Park just started.

Thankfully, this drops my TV viewing time down from an hour a week, to 30 minutes a week.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:40:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

yep
and that shitty wooden delivery sure isn't like any off the cuff banter I have ever seen

Seriously, my shop would have made a hell of a reality show some days.  No script required.  Cops, assaults, gypsies, yelling, crying, crazy people.  Unfortunately, for the most part, that kind of stuff pretty much quit once I fired half the shop.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#12]
there is nothing extreme or dramatic about systems engineering

oh wait, I did have a BSOD the other day..... can the producers  and writers milk that for a season?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:03:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Kill your tv, problem solved.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

always been meaning to ask is your avatar Lapchick the Mad Hungarian?

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Personally, I love reality television shows.  They keep morons occupied who might otherwise be posting on internet discussion boards.

Jane (well into her second TV-free decade)
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Personally, I love reality television shows.  They keep morons occupied who might otherwise be posting on internet discussion boards.

If you were just a few years younger, I'd let you touch It, Jane.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:16:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Got rid of it. No cable, no dishes, nothing.

We have a 50" Pioneer Elite Plasma with a BluRay. I watch only what I want.

I bought the wife an iPad for Christmas, she streams movies via NetFlix every night it seems. I read.

I have had it.

Bill
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Tag for pics.

TRG
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:42:05 PM EDT
[#19]
It's funny because my whole childhood everyone always told me tattoos would ruin my future. Well here I am at 30 and I am covered in tattoos hands neck arms legs body, and they have been nothing but an advantage. I make more money than all of my non tattler friends. Haha

Oh and girls LOVE them.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:47:25 PM EDT
[#20]
My ex-wife lived in front of the damned box. After we split, I moved into an apartment and watched it a little in the evenings, and watched the morning news while getting dressed. Then I cancelled my TV service (about 2 years ago) over a dispute with the apartment management/cable co. I haven't watched TV since.

I don't miss it at all.

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you're about to get scuffed up.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:05:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

...as is Top Gear

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:19:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, thanks, guy.  That would certainly would have been something to tell my grandchildren about.

Jane

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Entirely?  Top Gear is scripted too, to an extent.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Being a midget also helps.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:52:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL, I don't know who that is, but no.

It's a photo of actor Jean-Pierre Kalfon in the role of Morovich from the 1981 Disney film "Condorman". It's one of my favorite films since childhood. Morovich is the leader of a high-speed precision-driving pursuit team of KGB agents, all 5 of which pilot blacked-out Porsches. I'm not sure how to embed so here's a link that should work. Unfortunately it's in German, but it gives you an idea about him.

(New link thanks to RagedRacer): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAtervTgpys

There's more info on wikipedia and imdb about the film.
(Sorry for the thread hijack)
-ObsoleteMan (<––- that's from a twilight zone episode of the same name)
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:41:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a photo of actor Jean-Pierre Kalfon in the role of Morovich from the 1981 Disney film "Condorman". It's one of my favorite films since childhood. Morovich is the leader of a high-speed precision-driving pursuit team of KGB agents, all 5 of which pilot blacked-out Porsches. I'm not sure how to embed so here's a link that should work. Unfortunately it's in German, but it gives you an idea about him.
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=MAtervTgpys
There's more info on wikipedia and imdb about the film.
(Sorry for the thread hijack)
-ObsoleteMan (<––- that's from a twilight zone episode of the same name)

You're iPhone link-fu sucks.  

Try this one instead.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAtervTgpys

Oh, and those poor Porsches.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:37:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Thanks Raged
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:10:48 AM EDT
[#28]
There are a bunch of potential reality stars here...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1179254

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:26:20 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

he was the motorcycle racer in gumball rally

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074597/

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:28:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

nevermind!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

yep

Seriously, my shop would have made a hell of a reality show some days.  No script required.  Cops, assaults, gypsies, yelling, crying, crazy people.  Unfortunately, for the most part, that kind of stuff pretty much quit once I fired half the shop.  

What kind of shop do you run?

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:57:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

yep

What kind of shop do you run?

Signs.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:59:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Im dying here...
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Im dying here...

Careful... He might extend that offer to you!

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:02:19 AM EDT
[#35]
I am waiting for the reality show based on internet forum posters.

"Watch next week as Bill and Jeff take off the gloves in the 'Pit'"...

and

"Mods stake out and catch a former banned member laying low in the gardening forum'.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:06:04 AM EDT
[#36]
"You dress like a gay cowboy" just found a permanent home in my vocabulary.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:15:42 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

It's funny because my whole childhood everyone always told me tattoos would ruin my future. Well here I am at 30 and I am covered in tattoos hands neck arms legs body, and they have been nothing but an advantage. I make more money than all of my non tattler friends. Haha

Oh and girls LOVE them.

for people that are sooo secure in their decisions and sooo sure it doesn't effect any of their future prospects

"tattlers" ( new term to me ) sure get defensive and butthurt easily

The shift from ostracism ,to  benign acceptance to possibly advantageous views  of tattoos is a very recent thing

which was fueled in a large part because of TV shows like the ones I have mentioned

besides I thought they are always for you and you didn't give a shit what other people thought of them

are smokers and "tattlers" all scum? nope not in the least

however 99% of the scumbags I have dealt with in life smoked and/or were tattooed  

I have found the quality of the tattooing to be a much letter indicator of the quality of person than the simple fact they are tattooed

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top