Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 3:46:44 PM EDT
3.8 liter v6 Ford taurus. 500 miles just got it broke in and this sucks. Runs good,shifts good,whats with the mpg ?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:47:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
3.8 liter v6 Ford taurus. 500 miles just got it broke in and this sucks. Runs good,shifts good,whats with the mpg ?

It's a Ford.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:48:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

They probably installed the flux capacitor in backwards.

Also check that the Mr. Fusion is operating properly.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:49:42 PM EDT
[#3]
test/check the O2 sensors if they have crude from the breakin period then your going to have issues. Alot of rebuilders are not afraid to coat the hell out of parts with oil during assymbly. This can foul the O2's.

Also pull the codes and have the Cat converter checked for being clogged.

Why did you have both rebuilt at once? And what was your economy before the work?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Most likely something electronic was left disconnected or plugged into the wrong receptacle.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:51:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Any check engine light?  If not they probably disconnected it.    Could be bad O2 sensor, EGR problems, bad mass air flow sensor, or a lot of other things.  Maybe they adusted the TPS all fugged up.  I would take it back to wherever it was done and let them figure it out.  If you have emmissions you will probably fail due to excessive hydrocarbons.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
test/check the O2 sensors if they have crude from the breakin period then your going to have issues. Alot of rebuilders are not afraid to coat the hell out of parts with oil during assymbly. This can foul the O2's.

Why did you have both rebuilt at once? And what was your economy before the work?

Heads were toast and trans slipped a bit, I figured it would be better to have these repaired then chance the roughly $ 4500 on a new used car. Guess i was wrong. Used to get about 22 on the freeway. Now i can hardly keep my eyes on the road because im busy mentaly kicking my ass as i watch the gas guage drop.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#7]

That happened to me once when a vacuum line got disconnected from the carburetor.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Heads were toast and trans slipped a bit, I figured it would be better to have these repaired then chance the roughly $ 4500 on a new used car. Guess i was wrong. Used to get about 22 on the freeway. Now i can hardly keep my eyes on the road because im busy mentaly kicking my ass as i watch the gas guage drop.

It is probably something minor.  You would be amazed at how a little thing can muck everything up.  Take it to someone reputable to have it checked.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Something isn't hooked up right no doubt. The cars computor will compensate for a disconnected vacuum line etc. so well that it's tough to tell by driving it.  Oxygen sensors will sure do this also. Have the cars computer checked for codes.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Release the parking brake.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:18:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

That wasent the parking wife,it was my wife draging under the car.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:21:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top