Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 8:55:39 AM EDT
Just wondering; here in MN it seems like March is the month for illnesses.  Both my kids had killer colds last week; I missed two days of work when my wife got  hit simultaneously.  My wife, who never ever lays around, was abed for two days with chills, fever and severe congestion.  Of course, I caught the gunk last Friday and have been sick since.  Nyquil helps at night, but right now I can't hear anything cause I'm so congested, and I'm coughing up serious lung cookies.  And I'm a teacher, and it seems like 1/3 of my students are either home sick or at school and sick.  It's freaking terrible!

So sound off if you are sick and hate it!

Or else sound off if you think March is the worst month of the year!  (I do; it's the basis for my new philosophy:  Marchsucksophy.  The fundamental tenet of belief is that March is the month when the rest of the year takes an enema.)  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:59:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I was home yesterday and again today with what sounds like the same thing.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Spent most of the day in bed, could not sleep last night, kept coughing up phlem.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, just getting over the same crap. I was hit with it last Wed.
I don't have much of a voice left and I'm still coughing up junk from the lungs.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:14:50 AM EDT
[#4]
yep- out yseterday-slept till noon.

its Bushes fault
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:17:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I live in Florida and can't complain one bit. I don't know anybody that gets sick and I know exactly why.... because of Bush.  Ya see, his brother is the governor here and the whole "family thing" is what keeps Florida healthy and the rest of the country sick.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:21:54 AM EDT
[#6]
hehehehhehhe Healthy as a horse!

I had the flu about 2 years ago and have not had so much as a sniffle since!

Sorry to rub it in guys.......  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:25:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm sick of my fiance's wedding decisions never being good enough for her mom and them arguing about it while I'm trying to play some xbox...
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:27:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:29:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Healthy here.

The whole family was sick last month with some kind of nasty cold/flu type thing. Sucked.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:36:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Well last month my son went to Mn to visit a friend and came back with pneumonia. About a week later the rest of us got it as well.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#11]
<-- got the same shot you described, some serious nasty looking stuff i am hacking up

and i was vomitting and diarrhea on friday, i was so sick and dehydrated i couldn't keep down water,

right now i am just hacking up nasty shit, but yeah a ton of people are sick down here
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:17:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm just now getting my voice back.  However, the cough hasn't gone away and I'm still hacking up all sorts of lovely things in the morning.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm getting over a flu-type sickness, and my sister has just caught something.

I had chills, achiness, dizziness and coughing/congestion.  Now I just have coughing/congestion.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:23:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I was in bed from Sat. evening to 10:30 am Mon. morning when I got dragged by the wife to the DR. I hurt like hell all over, was weak as a kitten, had a fever and could cough so hard and long I thought my head was gonna pop. Going back to werk tomorrow. Dr. only gave me cough syrup btw.

No squirts or pukes though.

Danny
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#15]
i've been sick going on about 3 weeks now.  it started with the worst bacterial infection i've had in my entire life.  i was asleep for almost 3 days straight.  anyways, some amoxicillin took care of that, but the infection has been replaced with a virus that won't go away.  i've yet to make it through a night without waking up after an hour due to a massive coughing fit.

i guess working in a giant freezer doesn't help matters either
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top