Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 4:10:13 PM EDT
OK, here's a little story I'd like to share.

I work in construction all over the US.  I happened to be working in Kansas City, KS a few years back and following the letter of their law, did not bring a firearm into KS with me.  I was styaing in Kansas City, MO where my PA CCW license is recognized but since KS has no CCW law I left my piece at home.

So one day when I really needed to get off the jobsite I volunteered to run out and pick up some material at a CCX transfer station.  Problem was that I own a car and I needed a truck.  No problem, one of the guys I work with named "John" said to take his truck.  Soon I was on my way.  

After picking up the material I was heading back to the jobsite but when I had gotten back into the truck my cellphone had fallen off of my belt and under the center console/armrest of the truck.  Someone was calling me and I figured I'd wait until a stoplight to search for it.  

I found the cellphone under the armrest along with a small Colt .380 pistol.  Seeing it there on the seat I didn't know what to do.  I was only 3 miles from the jobsite but started thinking of all the things that could go wrong.  I was in a pickup truck with out of state plates and I'm sure easy pickings for the local LE if I was speeding.  I slowed wayyyy down and drove like a granny until I got back.  

So, let's say I got pulled over for speeding, and somehow, local LE sees said pistol.  I am in someone else's truck and had absolutely no clue there was a concealed firearm in the vehicle.  How bad would my asshole would have hurt and how long would I have had to put up with Bubba?

"John" later told me that he always brings a pistol with him just in case.  While I respect that 100% its his ass not mine.  I just wish he would have told me there was a freakin gun in his truck because it would have been my ass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top