Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/28/2005 6:36:05 AM EDT

I am 60 days into my 90 day trial period at work so no ins right now.  My wife has a pinched nerve in her elbow.  we have a 1 year old little girl.  Some days  the wife needs a strong med to help her sleep.  Is there any place on the web that will send her 15 or so tablets , with out breaking th e law(don't want thread locked, as I'm serious about this).

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:37:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:38:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Just go to an urgent care center.   It will cost you the same or more on the net.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:42:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Generic Darvocet or Tylenol #3 w/codeine is cheap.  Usually $13 for 30 days.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:46:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Booze.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:47:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I am 60 days into my 90 day trial period at work so no ins right now.  My wife has a pinched nerve in her elbow.  we have a 1 year old little girl.  Some days  the wife needs a strong med to help her sleep.  Is there any place on the web that will send her 15 or so tablets , with out breaking th e law(don't want thread locked, as I'm serious about this).

Thanks guys

I can't help with getting the meds but I can tell you for sure from what I have read lately due to the extreme pressure by RX co's the DEA is cracking down on overseas RX co' s sending this through the mail and they will arrest you at your home or work so be careful.
By the way I am in the same boat as far as insurance because I changed jobs this month.
No need for meds or treatment so I guess I'm lucky, good luck and try a GP for a cheaper solution and ask for generics.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:48:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Sounds good where do you get it from?

I don't want to pay the doc hundreds of dollars to  get a 15 dollar script.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:48:30 AM EDT
[#7]
littering and littering and littering and
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:50:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Booze.  

I thought about that, but we dont drink.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:59:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Booze.  

Pot?  Medicinal

Roy
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:09:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Tell her to put that arm in a sling during the day & not pick the kid or anything else up (or anything eles) with it.
Try cold & warm packs.
Call a doctor & explain your financial predicament. Many of them actually will give you a financial break.
Lots of love & affection, take over as much of her stuff as you can.
Drugs (including alcohol) can give you a kind of sleep where you wake up feeling like sh*t because it's not the restful kind of sleep.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:16:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Booze.  

Pot?  Medicinal

Roy

Pot would certainly be safe to try, but I would bet that it wouldn't help this kind of pain. Everyone is different, though, so I couldn't say for sure.

The note about the DEA above is correct. The DEA is cracking down on pain med prescriptions from all sources. The AMA and other medical groups are up in arms about it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:19:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Tell her to put that arm in a sling during the day & not pick the kid or anything else up (or anything eles) with it.
Try cold & warm packs.
Call a doctor & explain your financial predicament. Many of them actually will give you a financial break.
Lots of love & affection, take over as much of her stuff as you can.
Drugs (including alcohol) can give you a kind of sleep where you wake up feeling like sh*t because it's not the restful kind of sleep.

Thanks for the advice.  She has a custom made hard sling for her arm.  

I doubt that she can go all day with out picking up our daughter.

Ill help her all I can, as I work 8-9 hours a day.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:22:42 AM EDT
[#13]
sometimes your gp can give out samples on meds. but not sure if they give out narcotics though. you may have to bite the bullet and a prescription. always go generic if you can most cost half the price if not more.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:23:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any pharmacy will have it, assuming you have a prescription.  If not, not knowing where you are, but in Canada, the Caribbean and Mexico you can get Tylenol #2 w/codeine over the counter.  In Canada they are called 222's.  In Mexico, you can get stronger drugs over the counter without a Rx.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:26:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
littering and littering and littering and

Smoking the reefer

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:27:55 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any pharmacy will have it, assuming you have a prescription.  If not, not knowing where you are, but in Canada, the Caribbean and Mexico you can get Tylenol #2 w/codeine over the counter.  In Canada they are called 222's.  In Mexico, you can get stronger drugs over the counter without a Rx.

I think you will find that in Mexico they will make you go to a doctor to get the prescription. Lots of stuff is available over the counter, but the more potent stuff still requires a prescription.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:33:09 AM EDT
[#17]
A lot of the walk in clinics charge only $45 for a visit.  The doctors their will perscribe a small order for pain meds. I really don't think anyother way is legal.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:36:36 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
A lot of the walk in clinics charge only $45 for a visit.  The doctors their will perscribe a small order for pain meds. I really don't think anyother way is legal.

From the experience of people I know, you will probably play hell trying to get a doctor in a walk-in clinic to prescribe anything Schedule III or above. Doctors are running scared of the DEA and they want to know the patient for some time before they want to write any scrips.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:15:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Maybe what she needs isn't narcotics.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:18:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Generic Darvocet, Vicodin or Tylenol #3 is very cheap.  Just go to a large, chain pharmacy and you shouldn't pay too much.

As far as the price to see a doctor, around here doctors give discounts to patients who pay cash.  In fact, my wife saw one of the top family practice doctors about a month ago and it cost $45.00.  He also gave her enough samples to pay for the visit.

Call around.

Eric  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:24:47 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Generic Darvocet, Vicodin or Tylenol #3 is very cheap.  Just go to a large, chain pharmacy and you shouldn't pay too much.

As far as the price to see a doctor, around here doctors give discounts to patients who pay cash.  In fact, my wife saw one of the top family practice doctors about a month ago and it cost $45.00.  He also gave her enough samples to pay for the visit.

Call around.

Eric  

Yeah, call around to various clinics asking who will give out free vicodin.

Best of luck in that little endeavor.

What kind of doc do you think you are going to get anyhow, doing this kind of shit?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:25:36 PM EDT
[#22]
mjrowley said his wife has a pinched nerve in her elbow.  Assuming she doesn't look like a doctor shopping drug fiend, the physician will treat her and write her a prescription for the proper meds.

Call around for cash pricing on doctor visits...

Read the thread before blurting out something so ignorant.

Eric  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:31:13 PM EDT
[#23]
My understanding of your situation, is that you do not have a prescription, yet want narcotics for your wife.

Bad move, no good can come of that.

My immediate suggestion is an NSAID like motrin, combined with tylenol.  The combination is far superior than either one alone, and is well tolerated by virtually everyone who is not allergic to either one.

800mg of ibuprofen (motrin / advil), and 1000mg of acetaminofen (tylenol) every 6 hours.  

Max per 24 hours is 3200mg ibuprofen, and 4000mg tylenol.

see a doc if you really need the narcotics.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:32:03 PM EDT
[#24]
You get it like you would get anything else.

Pay for it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:36:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
mjrowley said his wife has a pinched nerve in her elbow.  Assuming she doesn't look like a doctor shopping drug fiend, the physician will treat her and write her a prescription for the proper meds.

Eric  

From what I have heard from pain patients, any new patient is pretty much assumed to be a drug fiend if they ask for pain meds. Seen it myself, actually.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Has she had a previous diagnosis from the doctor regarding her elbow?

If so, go to that doctor again and explain she's still in pain, but you have no insurance to pay for additional x-rays or MRIs or whatever.  Let them know she needs something to tide her over for 30 days until the insurance takes effect.  Most of the time doctors will cut patients with no insurance a break.

If she has not had a diagnosis from a doctor, just about any method you use to get pain medication would be illegal.

A friend of mine tried that. Unfortunately, she had an HMO previously and they absolutely refused to see her unless she ponied up with the full fees for membership renewal.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#28]
At the very least she can get her medical records to show a new doc that she does have a  diagnosed pinched nerve in her elbow. They are your records btw you can get them. That way you can at least show the new doc what has been happening and try to get some relief. Make sure you tell the new doc about your insurance and that you will need just enuf to get you thru till insurance kicks in.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:49:49 PM EDT
[#29]
advil,  800mg worth every 6 hours,  

apply a heat pack to the area to relax the muscles and nerve.  

try not to use the arm much and keep it in a sling.

just takes time.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Tylenol PM knocks me right on my ass.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:02:42 PM EDT
[#31]
I got a 15 day supply of generic 7.5mg hydrocodone for ~12 bucks from Costco without insurance.

With a RX from an Insta-care health clinic of course.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eric  

From what I have heard from pain patients, any new patient is pretty much assumed to be a drug fiend if they ask for pain meds. Seen it myself, actually.

I manage a pharmacy.  They are pretty easy to spot.

Eric  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

free or cheap clinic
google "free clinic name of city you're in"
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:45:19 PM EDT
[#34]
I may or may not have 4 perkasets lying around ...and i may or may not live in phoenix give me an im
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#35]
You can pick-up Tylenol w/Codiene legally in Canada. It has to be for personal use and declared when you cross the border.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:09:47 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eric  

I manage a pharmacy.  They are pretty easy to spot.

Eric  

Tell it to my mother and about a hundred others like her I have met. Oh wait, you can't. She died in pain.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:39:58 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Call around.

Eric  

It is illegal to sample Narcotics in the US.  Has been since the mid 80's.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
My understanding of your situation, is that you do not have a prescription, yet want narcotics for your wife.

Bad move, no good can come of that.

My immediate suggestion is an NSAID like motrin, combined with tylenol.  The combination is far superior than either one alone, and is well tolerated by virtually everyone who is not allergic to either one.

800mg of ibuprofen (motrin / advil), and 1000mg of acetaminofen (tylenol) every 6 hours.  

Max per 24 hours is 3200mg ibuprofen, and 4000mg tylenol.

see a doc if you really need the narcotics.

Yes the prescription is old.  She only takes the stuff when she needs it.  I know from that that shedosnt abuse it.  Ill run to the store and get some Tylenol.  She is like me when it comes to Advil, I build up a tolerance to it.

For what its worth to you all its her Unler(spelling?) nerve that is damaged.  It will make her hand go numb some times then she will get a massive headache.  It is getting better, but the feeling of the pain is the bad part.  For her to put it in a sling and not use it is imposable since we have a very active 1 year old.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:19:22 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Eric  

It's all the same deal. Even expecting a guarantee of Vicodin before going is bogus.

Why is it that it is always about narcotics?
Where is everyone asking,  "how can I get free Toprol?" , or, "where can I get some Amoxicillin?"How about the ever-favorite, "Help me, I'm out of lipitor."

Virtually every post around here like this is how to score some narcotics. It's all bullshit.

I'd also question why everyone can always scare up some cash for their narcs but not to see the doc or any other meds.

Fact of the matter is that ulnar neuropathy does not require treatment with narcotics. Period. Though the story might suggest there is something more going on and that might be investigated further by her doc. You know, the guy who is supposed to work for free?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eric  

It's all the same deal. Even expecting a guarantee of Vicodin before going is bogus.

Why is it that it is always about narcotics?
Where is everyone asking,  "how can I get free Toprol?" , or, "where can I get some Amoxicillin?"How about the ever-favorite, "Help me, I'm out of lipitor."

Virtually every post around here like this is how to score some narcotics. It's all bullshit.

I'd also question why everyone can always scare up some cash for their narcs but not to see the doc or any other meds.

Fact of the matter is that ulnar neuropathy does not require treatment with narcotics. Period. Though the story might suggest there is something more going on and that might be investigated further by her doc. You know, the guy who is supposed to work for free?

what are you implying?  What does the treatment include?  maybe we have bad docs at the Mayo Clinic.

Her last prescription was for 20 hydroconine on May 2 2005.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

+1

Sounds like your wife has a chronic condition that has flared up on her. Perhaps you'd consider calling the doc who originally diagnosed her and asking if you could get a scrip pending an office visit when your insurance kicks in.

If your wife is in such severe pain that she can't wait the two weeks, perhaps you'd consider ponying up the $50 or so for an office visit?

It's all a matter of priorities.....how much is getting your wife some pain relief worth to you? It appears that you have no problem with seeing the doc once your  insurance is footing the bill, but you don't want to go when its your dime. Guess your wife's pain ain't such a priority after all, is it?-

ETA: Since when does "I don't have insurance" mean "I can't see the doctor?"
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Sounds like your wife has a chronic condition that has flared up on her. Perhaps you'd consider calling the doc who originally diagnosed her and asking if you could get a scrip pending an office visit when your insurance kicks in.

If your wife is in such severe pain that she can't wait the two weeks, perhaps you'd consider ponying up the $50 or so for an office visit?

It's all a matter of priorities.....how much is getting your wife some pain relief worth to you? It appears that you have no problem with seeing the doc once your  insurance is footing the bill, but you don't want to go when its your dime. Guess your wife's pain ain't such a priority after all, is it?-

ETA: Since when does "I don't have insurance" mean "I can't see the doctor?"

Well I had no idea it was only $50 bucks to see a doc.  I thought it was like 2-300 dollars or more.

I went to Sam's and bought some Ibuprofen and generic Tylenol.  

If that doesn't cut the pain, we will call the neurologist that gave her the prescription.

BTW whats the difference between Advil, Motrin,and generic ibuprofen ?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

BTW whats the difference between Advil, Motrin,and generic ibuprofen ?

Price.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:07:31 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Call around.

Eric  

Did I say she got samples of narcotics?

Try Flonase...

Point is, family practice md's are cheap if you pay cash...

Eric  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#45]
county on 24th st and roosevelt is your best bet
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:37:00 PM EDT
[#46]
You can get something like tramadol from the net legally, as they can issue a prescription since it isn’t scheduled.  It works great for pain, although I recommend just sucking it up or moving to a country that isn't a police state.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:10:11 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
county on 24th st and roosevelt is your best bet

That's where I did my residency!

Go 'Copa!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:24:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:02:23 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Call around.

Eric  

Did I say she got samples of narcotics?

Try Flonase...

Point is, family practice md's are cheap if you pay cash...

Eric  

What a coincidence, I used to be a Flonase Rep!!  Anyway, I wasn't directing my comments at you particularly, I was just stating that Narcotics could not be samples anymore.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:37:48 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Booze.  

Pot?  Medicinal

Roy

Pot would certainly be safe to try, but I would bet that it wouldn't help this kind of pain. Everyone is different, though, so I couldn't say for sure.

The note about the DEA above is correct. The DEA is cracking down on pain med prescriptions from all sources. The AMA and other medical groups are up in arms about it.

Bullshit. Pot is not safe. Smoking is an unhealthy delivery mechanism for anything, and the unknown chemicals due to the grower's chocie of techniques can vary.

Regardless, pot is illegal, and advocating illegal activities is against the code of conduct, and as a lawful person who happens to be a gun owner I am offended. Please stop or get the f*ck out of here with your advocacy of illegal drug use on a firearms board.

He asked for legal solutions that are as inexpensive as possible. Note the word legal.

ETA: Or maybe you're really just a troll. In that case, leave anyway. Do something honorable.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top