Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2005 8:26:13 PM EDT
Okay....right now it looks like were either going to get a democrat as our next president...or a Republican only in name.

Some of the worst anti-gun legislation was passed under  Republican presidents...so I dont like how the future looks.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#1]
We have been screwed since the 30's. It will continue deal with it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#2]

"Deal with it"...what the hell kind of attitude is that?  Damn..we are our own worst enemies.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#3]
when I hear a new AWB is coming up, I am going to max my credit cards with full capasity magazines.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
when I hear a new AWB is coming up, I am going to max my credit cards with full capasity magazines.

Are you buying AK kits with the barrel ban looming Jan 1st?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I only have a glock 26 and haven't decided what rifle I want yet.  Whatever one I want I will need mags for it, so I might buy mags before a rifle.

I've heard good things about AK-47s
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:44:54 PM EDT
[#6]
What...no worries...concerns??
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Depends on if the Republicans retain Congress in '06 and the Executive in '08
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a lot of worries and concerns, but I fail to see the point of some of these posts.  In all reality is there anything one person can do without voting from the rooftops?

Play along, talk to your representives that the people elect and hope for the best.  Do everything in your power you need to, to keep you and your loved ones safe.  (just don't post your means here if it's illegal)
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:47:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

"Deal with it"...what the hell kind of attitude is that?  Damn..we are our own worst enemies.

A realistic and shitty one
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:53:13 PM EDT
[#10]
at this point I would like to direct you to the survival forum.  There you will find a good place to start as far as preperations and training.  Your fears are not entirely unfounded, not at all my friend.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#11]

I have a lot of worries and concerns, but I fail to see the point of some of these posts. In all reality is there anything one person can do without voting from the rooftops

Try getting the medias attention....If the TV says its bad...its bad...if the TV says its good....its good.  Sadly many people influenced that easily.

The antis have been doing it for decades.....it should work for pro-gunners as well.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:00:11 PM EDT
[#12]
As much as I'd like to believe differently, I feel that us Pro-2nd Ammendmenters are facing an uphill battle that will never turn downhill.  I do what I am able to do to support our cause, but that's about it.  I'm not willing to die for THIS cause like some do for other causes.  I truly believe that over the course of time, we WILL lose more and more rights as society evolves.  I'm not saying that I agree with the evolution direction of society, just that it is what it is.  Perhaps we won't feel the impact of this evolution as much as the next generations to come, but it WILL happen in due time and process.  The only thing we can do is to preserve the rights we have for as long as possible, while fighting at the same time to repeal previous bans that have been imposed upon us for many years.

By nature, people don't associate guns with safety.  Generally, people associate guns with death, violence, and crime.  That's just a reality/perception that we live in.  It would be great if we could change that 'perception' but bad guys will always have guns, and they will always do bad things with them... and that will always get more public attention than a guy using a gun to ward off a potential crime from taking place

Here's what I do.  I'm a member of the NRA so that covers my political contributions I'm willing to spend for that.  I support politicians who support my views, particularly on guns.  I buy as many guns as I can realistically enjoy owning, and I encourage as many people as I can to do the same.  I invite new people with me to the range all the time, most of which have never shot a gun.  I debate strongly on the reasons why people SHOULD be able to own guns with those who believe guns should be outlawed.  And lastly, I buy lots of ammo and hi-cap mags JUST IN CASE SHTF and suddenly we can't get them anymore... but that doesnt really do much to support our cause anway.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:05:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is this bbl ban you speak off ?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:06:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
As much as I'd like to believe differently, I feel that us Pro-2nd Ammendmenters are facing an uphill battle that will never turn downhill.  I do what I am able to do to support our cause, but that's about it.  I'm not willing to die for THIS cause like some do for other causes.  I truly believe that over the course of time, we WILL lose more and more rights as society evolves.  I'm not saying that I agree with the evolution direction of society, just that it is what it is.  Perhaps we won't feel the impact of this evolution as much as the next generations to come, but it WILL happen in due time and process.  The only thing we can do is to preserve the rights we have for as long as possible, while fighting at the same time to repeal previous bans that have been imposed upon us for many years.

By nature, people don't associate guns with safety.  Generally, people associate guns with death, violence, and crime.  That's just a reality/perception that we live in.  It would be great if we could change that 'perception' but bad guys will always have guns, and they will always do bad things with them... and that will always get more public attention than a guy using a gun to ward off a potential crime from taking place

Here's what I do.  I'm a member of the NRA so that covers my political contributions I'm willing to spend for that.  I support politicians who support my views, particularly on guns.  I buy as many guns as I can realistically enjoy owning, and I encourage as many people as I can to do the same.  I invite new people with me to the range all the time, most of which have never shot a gun.  I debate strongly on the reasons why people SHOULD be able to own guns with those who believe guns should be outlawed.  And lastly, I buy lots of ammo and hi-cap mags JUST IN CASE SHTF and suddenly we can't get them anymore... but that doesnt really do much to support our cause anway.

That depends on what you do with those mags and ammo.  Just a thought.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:22:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I keep a modest supply (200rds) of NON-RANGE USE ammo for SHTF (XM193 boxed), enough to load my twenty 30 round mags a few tunes each as well as my BETA C.  I do roughly the same proportion with my handgun ammo as well.

For the range and fun times, I use only a couple of mags for each of my weapons and buy slightly lesser quality ammo (like the PD stuff).

But like I said before, THIS is not was helps our cause.  What helps our cause most is voting for the right people.  I really enjoy taking first time shooters to the range.  99% of the time, these are people who are against guns in the first place (dems and gops), but you can easily change that with a nice, fun trip to the range.  I always tell (somewhat jokingly) to people that the safest place anyone can be is at a gun show or the range, b/c if one person decides to go whacko, he'll be 'taken care of' rather quickly.

I just started dating this really nice girl, republican, who HATES guns.  It's taken her getting a little use to me always having one on me... But as she's become more comfortable, she jokes about it more than worries about it (like feeling me up claiming to be 'looking for my gun'  Yeah, right...  Enjoy yourself baby.  She's even agreed to go to the range with me, but we have some scheduling problems... Perhaps this weekend.  She's not interested in my AR or SG, just the handguns.  Fine.  We'll take baby steps if that's what it will take, but by golly, I WILL convert her into a gun lover no matter what.

We need to show non-gunlovers that guns are for protection.  They're NOT for violence.  They're not for committing crimes.  They are for preventing crimes and danger to yourself.  It's like an insurance policy.  You never want to be without one in the ONE time that you may need it most.  Then we need to explain the value of the 2nd ammendment, and how it protects all of us from being taken over by our own government.  It's an idea you have to sell.  It's an idea you have to teach.  It's an idea you have to give experience to understand.  Guns are simply a tool.  Just like a car, a hammer, a computer, an axe, sword, or knife.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:29:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 yeah spill it!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:31:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Our good, pro-gun republican AG has decreed that from Jan 1 2006 all imported barrels that could be used to build currently un-impotable guns will be no longer be allowed in.

This is because they found out about all the kit-gun building going on.

Like father like son, GWB shows what he truly is, a Gold plated PINK-O.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:33:24 PM EDT
[#18]
The Democrats will most likely get both the Presidency and the Senate in 2008.  At that point things are no doubt going to get pretty bad.

Sad to say, it will be our own fault.

Gun owners are getting lazy, indifferent, and whiney.  Many want absolutely everything their own way - and of course they want it simply handed to them.  And they see no difference between the Democrats and the Republicans.

A train wreck is becoming more and more inevitable simply because gun owners won’t try to stop it.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:35:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I keep a modest supply (200rds) of NON-RANGE USE ammo for SHTF (XM193 boxed), enough to load my twenty 30 round mags a few tunes each as well as my BETA C.  I do roughly the same proportion with my handgun ammo as well.

For the range and fun times, I use only a couple of mags for each of my weapons and buy slightly lesser quality ammo (like the PD stuff).

But like I said before, THIS is not was helps our cause.  What helps our cause most is voting for the right people.  I really enjoy taking first time shooters to the range.  99% of the time, these are people who are against guns in the first place (dems and gops), but you can easily change that with a nice, fun trip to the range.  I always tell (somewhat jokingly) to people that the safest place anyone can be is at a gun show or the range, b/c if one person decides to go whacko, he'll be 'taken care of' rather quickly.

I just started dating this really nice girl, republican, who HATES guns.  It's taken her getting a little use to me always having one on me... But as she's become more comfortable, she jokes about it more than worries about it (like feeling me up claiming to be 'looking for my gun'  Yeah, right...  Enjoy yourself baby.  She's even agreed to go to the range with me, but we have some scheduling problems... Perhaps this weekend.  She's not interested in my AR or SG, just the handguns.  Fine.  We'll take baby steps if that's what it will take, but by golly, I WILL convert her into a gun lover no matter what.

We need to show non-gunlovers that guns are for protection.  They're NOT for violence.  They're not for committing crimes.  They are for preventing crimes and danger to yourself.  It's like an insurance policy.  You never want to be without one in the ONE time that you may need it most.  Then we need to explain the value of the 2nd ammendment, and how it protects all of us from being taken over by our own government.  It's an idea you have to sell.  It's an idea you have to teach.  It's an idea you have to give experience to understand.  Guns are simply a tool.  Just like a car, a hammer, a computer, an axe, sword, or knife.

+1

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:59:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:...I buy as many guns as I can realistically enjoy owning, and I encourage as many people as I can to do the same.  I invite new people with me to the range all the time, most of which have never shot a gun.  I debate strongly on the reasons why people SHOULD be able to own guns with those who believe guns should be outlawed...

This here is what will ensure the longevity of private firearm ownership in these United States. The more people you can influence into at least nuetral territory on 2nd Amendment issues by showing gun owners to be normal, rational people, the less unknowledgable people the hoplophobes and their willing patsys the MSM have to win over with their FUD. On our pet issue, ignorance in the general populace is killing us.

So, I say continue on, and keep introducing new people to the sport, for this is the key to retaining our rights.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:02:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

That game has been tried.

Registration and heavy taxation are next.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:18:35 PM EDT
[#22]
I've had a tragic boating accident! I'm trying to recover from the ordeal.... I've lost everything! I have to start over! I don't know what to do.... All my guns......All my ammo..... will someone help me?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:34:26 PM EDT
[#23]
We don't have to be screwed.  Get active!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:01:14 PM EDT
[#24]
The only thing that will save the 2nd Amendment is a Supreme Court ruling that goes in favor of the 2nd as an individual right. That's what needs to be put into perspective because if the 2nd is ruled as a collective right, it won't matter who's elected and firearms as we know it today will be no more. If you don't think that day is not fast approaching, you're very wrong because even John Roberts himself acknowledged that the two different rulings by the lower courts on this issue will have to be cleared up once and for all. I also really do think the case that finally makes its way there should deal with either a machine gun or a semi-auto black rifle, but definitely something that has no sporting use. That has to be what it's about and really nothing else for us to really get a clear interpretation of the 2nd with regards to the militia aspect and its true meaning. Hopefully we will get a favorable ruling that will put an end to all of the bans and make the 2nd into what it was really intended for, protection for the people with small arms that are as equal as anything the military has.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:01:35 PM EDT
[#25]
IMO, gun control is pretty much a dead issue. I don't see any crazy gun legislation making it far in Congress within the next few years.

Only 3 meaningful gun laws have been passed in the last 50 years or so.

GCA
FOPA '86 (good for us, except for the MG ban)
AWB (gone)

The various import bans, barrel ban etc are all derived from the GCA. They were not passed by Congress.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:24:33 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn, and here all I've used at the range so far is XM193
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:29:08 PM EDT
[#27]
olyarms has it 100% correct.

unfortunately...

myit  
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:20:01 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some of you guys should really spend more time outside of General Discussion.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:32:49 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
We don't have to be screwed.  Get active!

LIfe member of NRA
Life member of GOA
Member of JPFO
Member of SAF
Write at least monthly to Sen/Sen/Rep on gun issue
STILL GETTING FUCKED;  yay, no more AWB - only because it was set to expire and there weren't enough balls to go around in Congress to renew it.

How about repeal of NFA '34?  GCA '68?  After 9/11, why wasn't GWB up there before Congress declaring that the best deterrent to terrorism is an armed populace, therefore NFA and GCA and import ban should be repealed?

Guess what -- Gunowners 2005 and onward are the Jews of 1934.  We're the whipping boy nobody in politics likes, and we're the easiest target to blame for all the ills in America.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:53:49 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
The Democrats will most likely get both the Presidency and the Senate in 2008.  At that point things are no doubt going to get pretty bad.

Sad to say, it will be our own fault.

Gun owners are getting lazy, indifferent, and whiney.  Many want absolutely everything their own way - and of course they want it simply handed to them.  And they see no difference between the Democrats and the Republicans.

A train wreck is becoming more and more inevitable simply because gun owners won’t try to stop it.  

I disagree. It will be the fault of Republicans who refuse to pass and support conservative laws, judicial nominees, and ideals when they are in the majority in the House, Senate, and even have the White House.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:09:13 AM EDT
[#31]
It isn't bad enough that the libs are trying to screw us daily, but then add the Courts and numerous so called Republicans, and it is a wonder we have any rights left, especially as they apply to firearms.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:18:56 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Some of the worst anti-gun legislation was passed under  Republican presidents...so I dont like how the future looks.

Hmmm, would that be the National Firearms Act of 1934 (FDR-Democrap), or the Gun Control Act of 1968 (LBJ-Democrap), or the 'Assault Rifle Ban' of 1994 (Clinton-Democrap)?

If you are thinking about the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986, passed under President Reagan, then I would suggest that you re-read the provisions of that Act, which, among other measures, made interstate travel with firearms a reality, dispensed with 'record keeping' of ammo purchases, and made 'gun shows' a possibility.

The downside? A last minute amendment presented by a Democrap congresscritter from New Jersey that banned all 'new' machine guns....which affects, what, less than 1% of gun owners?

Or are you thinking about the 'Import Ban of 1989', which was NOT legislation, but an executive order by Bush '41?

I think you should reconsider your views.

BTW, who told you that the next President would be Hillary?

Eric The(Historical)Hun
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:25:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Registration and heavy taxation are next.

The door-to-door confiscations in New Orleans is reason enough to

NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER NEVER REGISTER!!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top