Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2002 7:30:03 AM EDT
The broadcasters got $70 billon worth of frequency spectrum back in '97 to make HDTV happen by 2006.. Oh they are also supposed to give back their existing channels..lets see if they do.

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A63600-2002Apr4.html[/url]

Link Posted: 4/5/2002 7:33:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Hell, where's my flying car???
It's time.

[img]http://www.howstuffworks.com/gif/flying-car-m400.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 7:38:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I assume your flying car is FAA approved?
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 7:54:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Most cable companies and satellite providers have used their extra bandwidth to shove on more channels than to improve quality or add HD.

Look at the ads for Direct TV.  They used to tout their better picture, but now that they have 500 channels the info is so compressed that they can't anymore.

CBS is the only network with consistent HD, but that I have to get with an antenna.  Damn JAG looks good though.  ABC has a couple things but their HD picture isn't as good, though when they showed Indiana Jones it looked awesome.  NBC basically had the Olympics, which was taped delayed skating for the most part, and Jay Leno, both of which look(ed) great cause they are native HD, but that is it for programing.  FOX doesn't even have true HD.  They transmit in 480p which is like watching a DVD.

I'd at least like to see all the networks get on board soon.  If more people saw what the picture looked like there would be much more demand and prices would come down even further.  The picture they show in the stores does not do true HD justice.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 8:29:17 AM EDT
[#4]
[size=4][b]I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M SEEING THIS!!!  A THREAD THAT DOESN'T MENTION PALESTINIANS, MOSLEMS, CHRISTIANS, JEWS, AND THE MIDEAST!!![/size=4]

OOOoooops!  It just did![/b]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 12:14:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
[size=4][b]I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M SEEING THIS!!!  A THREAD THAT DOESN'T MENTION PALESTINIANS, MOSLEMS, CHRISTIANS, JEWS, AND THE MIDEAST!!![/size=4]

OOOoooops!  It just did![/b]
View Quote

Don't miss the guitar threads....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top