Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2004 10:30:28 AM EDT
I figure it's time for a meaningless thread...

Chinese food for lunch today. Rice with beef broccoli and chicken with asparagus.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:34:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Ummm...I haven't thought about it.  I haven't even had breakfast yet and really have had a hard time eating lately.

I guess I'll have 1/2 a sandwich in a few hours.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#2]
just a big bowl of Thai jasmine rice, some steamed brocolli, some stewed beef short ribs...and bottled spring water...
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:41:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Left over brisket that I smoked for about 5 hours last night covered in Tony Roma's bbq sauce with a side of Bush's baked beans.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:42:52 AM EDT
[#4]
tuna.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:43:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Subway:

Steak & Cheese on wheat, with:
lettuce
jalapenos
spicy mustard
mayo
salt, pepper, oil, vinegar
white chocolate/macadamia nut cookies for dessert.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:55:30 AM EDT
[#6]
briyani rice
gato moutaye
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:59:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Well I woke up and went into the kitchen and the refridgerator door was open( I live alone) about 6 inches. The door does not always stay closed if you don't firmly close door. I apparently did not close door hard enough last night.

Here are the potential heat casualties: four beers(1 Guinness, 2 Harps, 1 New Castle), one bottle of Chardonnay, jar mayonnaise(Helman's,Deep South only alternate brand), jar Smucker's grape jam, two bottles of maple syrup, big jar of minced garlic, package of chicken+turkey hotdogs(I don't eat beef). and two half full jars of salsa.

I'm eating the hotdogs now as I'm typing because they are probably the most severely wounded. the beers will survive, but might be shell shocked a little. same goes for wine. As for mayo, jam, syrup not sure what long term affects will be. I will finish off salsa today.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:59:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I am thinking of some Pizza. Roundtable Hmmmmmmmmm..................
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:07:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Two hot dogs, one Budweiser.
Same as yesterday.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:17:48 AM EDT
[#10]
We're having catered lunch here at work today.  Longhorn BBQ.  Ribs, chicken, hotdogs, potato salad, coleslaw, icecream and rolls.  Not bad!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:18:57 AM EDT
[#11]
I had a left over KFC biscut, a bannana and a large glass of water. EM, EM, good.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:20:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Depends on what fast food place I pass on the way to work.  I woke up late and made the mistake of checking up on what's going on here.  And as usual got sucked in to spending more time here than I wanted.  Always worthwhile though.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Ham and Swiss cheese on some crackers and iced tea.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:26:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I had an Italian sub on cibbatta bread and a bowl of broccoli cheese soup from Panera Bread Company.

Diet Dr. Pepper to drink.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I had a new teryaki bowl from KFC, eh.... I wish i would've got the chicken instead.

But the GF had a buy on get one coupon.

soo thats that.

My first and LAst KFC teryaki bowl.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#16]
My wife and I went to a restraunt and had breakfast foods for lunch. I had an eggs and toast, she had pancakes.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:50:37 AM EDT
[#17]
You guys can afford to eat????? Shit I am in the wrong business!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:53:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Fuddruckers...yummie!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:59:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:01:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Got up early this morning got to work at 5:45 to cook some gumbo for lunch.  I like to cook for my men about once every two weeks.  My gumbo had shrimps and  crawfish and some speckeled trout.  Damn but it was good, the only way it could have been better would a been a cold Lone Star to wash it down with.

The way I make my gumbo for those that are interested is like this.  Chop up four medium to large onions, 8 stalks of celery,7 garlic cloves.  Put this in a large dutch oven on the stove with a little bacon grease.  Let that all start warming up.  After it starts looking good and the onions get soft add the rue that you made before. Rue is cup flour and cup of oil or bacon grease, I cook this ahead of time.  Stir that all up and let it simmer a little and add  3 quarts chicken stock, worshestershire 1/4 cup, table spoon luisianna red hot,4or 5 bayleaves and 2 14 oz can of stewed tomatoes, black pepper a teaspoon.  1 1/2 tablespoons of tony cacheres, 1/2 teaspoon of thyme about a cup of chopped parsely and a 1/2 cup of green onion tops.  

Let all this simmer for about 2 hours adding some additional water now and again maybe about4 or 5 cups.  If it needs it ad another quart of chicken stock.  Taste that now and again and give them bay leaves a chance to work their magic.

Nows a good time to flour a cup of okra more if you like it.  Lay some grease in a skillet  and 1/2 fry the okra.  To me that kind  of cuts the slimyness down. Add the okra.  

Next get them crawfich out.  I use those wallmart chinese mother scratchers  2 12 oz bags  and about 3 & 1/2 pounds shrimp devained the night before.  Add to this some fish ( I used three small speckled trout filleted and cubed).  Some like to put seafood in right before serving but I like to put it in at least 45 minutes before serving.  Fish can be put in 10 minutes before if you are worried about it fallin apart.

Okay now you need to make sure of your spice because that seafood may suck some of it up.  Add  to taste. The womenz and chilrens will not want it as hot as men folk.   Also if you want crab claws or scallop or oysters the thing is to get about 5 or 6 pounds total, feel free to substute.

About thirty minutes from serving get that rice going, I serve it on the side.  Put hot sause on the table for those that bitch and moan it aint hot enough.  Throw in another 1/2 cup of parsely and chopped green onion tops at about 15 minutes out.  Slice that victory bread( we don't have french bread no more in Texas).  and get out a stick of fresh butter.

I served 8 today 4  employees were out of town on jobs so I got plenty for tonight at home.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:02:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Tony's pizza, fresh from the freezer.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:05:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Got up early this morning got to work at 5:45 to cook some gumbo for lunch.  I like to cook for my men about once every two weeks.  My gumbo had shrimps and  crawfish and some speckeled trout.  Damn but it was good, the only way it could have been better would a been a cold Lone Star to wash it down with.

The way I make my gumbo for those that are interested is like this.  Chop up four medium to large onions, 8 stalks of celery,7 garlic cloves.  Put this in a large dutch oven on the stove with a little bacon grease.  Let that all start warming up.  After it starts looking good and the onions get soft add the rue that you made before. Rue is cup flour and cup of oil or bacon grease, I cook this ahead of time.  Stir that all up and let it simmer a little and add  3 quarts chicken stock, worshestershire 1/4 cup, table spoon luisianna red hot,4or 5 bayleaves and 2 14 oz can of stewed tomatoes, black pepper a teaspoon.  1 1/2 tablespoons of tony cacheres, 1/2 teaspoon of thyme about a cup of chopped parsely and a 1/2 cup of green onion tops.  

Let all this simmer for about 2 hours adding some additional water now and again maybe about4 or 5 cups.  If it needs it ad another quart of chicken stock.  Taste that now and again and give them bay leaves a chance to work their magic.

Nows a good time to flour a cup of okra more if you like it.  Lay some grease in a skillet  and 1/2 fry the okra.  To me that kind  of cuts the slimyness down. Add the okra.  

Next get them crawfich out.  I use those wallmart chinese mother scratchers  2 12 oz bags  and about 3 & 1/2 pounds shrimp devained the night before.  Add to this some fish ( I used three small speckled trout filleted and cubed).  Some like to put seafood in right before serving but I like to put it in at least 45 minutes before serving.  Fish can be put in 10 minutes before if you are worried about it fallin apart.

Okay now you need to make sure of your spice because that seafood may suck some of it up.  Add  to taste. The womenz and chilrens will not want it as hot as men folk.   Also if you want crab claws or scallop or oysters the thing is to get about 5 or 6 pounds total, feel free to substute.

About thirty minutes from serving get that rice going, I serve it on the side.  Put hot sause on the table for those that bitch and moan it aint hot enough.  Throw in another 1/2 cup of parsely and chopped green onion tops at about 15 minutes out.  Slice that victory bread( we don't have french bread no more in Texas).  and get out a stick of fresh butter.

I served 8 today 4  employees were out of town on jobs so I got plenty for tonight at home.

Damn, that sounds good. I'm getting hungry just reading that post...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top