Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2006 9:54:42 AM EDT

I'm talking about an across-the-board statistical decrease in crime.  

Build more prisons?

Tougher sentences/enforcement?

Legalize drugs and go after the real criminals?

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:07:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:25:01 AM EDT
[#2]
The Government needs to hand out free guns (preferably Class 3) on every street corner .

ETA: How about if the DEA/BP/Customs start letting drug shipments through... AFTER adulterating them with some quick acting poison ! Would cull the addict community pretty fast. Just an idle thought .
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Make simple possesion of drugs a health care issue. Junkies need treatment rather than jail.

10 years for the use of a gun in crime on top of any other sentence. No plea deals on this, no good behavior time and no parole until the 10 years are up.

CCW without permit in all 50 states. Read the bill of rights.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:34:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Arm the populace

+1

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Make child bearing a controlled activity...i.e you need a gov't issued license to procreate.  I mean...you need one to drive, hunt, fish, build on to your home.  Think about it!!

Oh yeah, and enforce the laws we already have.  And probation is neither a general nor a specific deterent.  Incarceration is the key!  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:39:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Unfortunately legalizing drugs is only going to make more dopers.  Dopers can't hold jobs and hence, property crime will skyrocket along with robberies because the majority of drug addicts can't pay for their addiction any other way.  That's life.  And I'm not talking about kids smoking reefer here.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:45:08 AM EDT
[#8]
1. Require every citizen to carry and know how to use a firearm.

2. Legalize and protect from litigation the use of deadly force in self defense of your person, family, property anywhere from anybody.

3. Legalize drugs. Think about what went on with prohibition....

4. Buy BAJA from mexico and build a lethal force electric fence/wall around it. Drop in all capital crime criminals and forget about them. Live die... it's their problem not ours.

5. Get me spelling classes

6. Execute all lawyers and officials of the IRS above pay grade 5.

Sound good?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

2. Legalize and protect from litigation the use of deadly force in self defense of your person, family, property anywhere from anybody.

4. Buy BAJA from mexico and build a lethal force electric fence/wall around it. Drop in all capital crime criminals and forget about them. Live die... it's their problem not ours.

Sound good?

i agree with #5  but what about the Baja 500 and 1000?  that would suck if they had to quit that.....
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Drug addiction is a problem best solvved by the Surgeon General, rather than the Attorney General.  Make punishment more harsh for violent crimes.  For non-violent crimes make the perp pull some time, but then tax his ass double when he gets out.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:34:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Seems like we have an anti-drug enforcement theme going.  You know...we do have the technology to help..it's called rehab...and yes it does work, I've seen it in people around me on a personal level.  It's a question of choice, do they want to get clean or not?  Period.  Those that want to get clean CAN.  Those who don't want to...well, do it without committing crime and no one will give a shit.  Until then it is a legal problem, not a medical problem people.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:25:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Kick the victim mentality to the curb.
Someone else is not at fault for the problems in your life. Truthfully most to all of them are your fault alone.
Crime is the fault of the criminal. Not society.
The police are there to help you, not take care of your life, raise your kids, or raise you.

Make it clear that everyone has a responsibility and ability to protect themselves and their families from the criminals out there, don't expect someone else to do it for them. In those areas where the ability has been taken away, give it back (goes with the arm the populace). On that, if you want crime to drop make criminals fear their targets.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:29:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sound good?

i agree with #5  but what about the Baja 500 and 1000?  that would suck if they had to quit that.....

Run them Mad Max style with a hose off at the finish line.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:35:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Your're thinking Death Race 2000-style.

There also needs to be more education and something must be done about teenage pregnancy, kids without fathers, etc.  There is a vicious cylce there.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:39:40 PM EDT
[#15]
1. Legalize drugs
2. Actually punish criminals
3. Arm the populace
4. Really reform welfare
5. Actually punish criminals
6. Make rape and child molestation capitol crimes
7. Deal with illegal immigration
8. Actually punish criminals
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Stop the revolving door legal system.

Capital punishment and make it public.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:14:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

www.morguefile.com/imageData/LOWREZ/gallows-071004-03.jpg

Public execution would make a fine deterrent
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Think of escape from N.Y.

Wall off an area, give them gardening tools, livestock and directions.  Then toss them over the wall and forget about them.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

www.morguefile.com/imageData/LOWREZ/gallows-071004-03.jpg

And none of those nancy boy long drops either; its too quick.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:19:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Public executions for 1st degree murder, aggrivated rape and armed robbery.

All TV stations MUST show every execution in detail.

Train and arm every citizen beginning at age 15.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:25:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Crimes against children deserve punishment to the fullest extent of the law, no early parole, no mercy.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:27:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Mandatory 25 years for the use of a gun in crime...  And bring back HARD LABOR in prisons.........
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:33:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:28:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Get rid of all the laws.  
Logic:  NO LAWS = No Crime.
Because you can't break laws that don't exist.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:47:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Corporal punishment applied publicly and liberally.  High volts, low amps.  Should shape up those who have any sense real quick.

And ban the ACLU and NAACP.  That would just make me feel better at least.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#26]
1.  Take the cable television and recreational equipment out of prisons.  Make a prison sentence more like punishment and less like a vacation.
2.  Bring back the days when the police could shoot a burglar, holdup man, rapist or murderer on sight.
3.  Issue permits to use recreational narcotics, the price is the removal of the permit holders reproductive organs.
4.  Put corporal punishment and the pledge of allegiance back into the school systems.
5.  Legalize and encourage concealed carry in all 50 states.
6.  Eliminate anyone who watches CSI from the jury pool.  
7.  Debtors prison.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:40:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Lots of good replys.

I'd add some additional treatment options for the mentally ill.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:52:03 AM EDT
[#28]
1. Enforce the death penalty in a timely/efficient manner.
2. Seperate prisons for life sentences. Get a life sentence, serve a life sentence. Mandatory work programs which benefit society and defer prison expenses.
3. Anyone with a less than life sentence shall recieve prior to release, regardless of sentence the following:
    A. High school diploma
    B. Bachelors degree or equivelant job skill training (for those too stupid to gain a BA/BS)
    C. Drug/emotional/whatever counseling
4. Upon release, they will all live in a half way house working for .gov in their area of expertise for 2 years, recieving a military E-1 salary. Continued counseling during this time.
5. Any additional crimes committed that warrant a prison sentence will be  made a life sentence.

The goal of prison is to punish and rehabilitate. Do not waste time on the lifers and death row inmate on rehab. Focus on those that will return to society. Educate and counsel them, give them experience in their field, and release. No excuses for returning to a life of crime. They have the tools to succeed.

ready for incoming.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:44:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Crimes against children deserve punishment to the fullest extent of the law, no early parole, no mercy.

Wood chipper feet first

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Sterilization.

+1
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Unfortunately legalizing drugs is only going to make more dopers.  Dopers can't hold jobs and hence, property crime will skyrocket along with robberies because the majority of drug addicts can't pay for their addiction any other way.  That's life.  And I'm not talking about kids smoking reefer here.

No, don't bring logic into the argument; you'll upset all the dopers on this board.

I'll go out on a limb here and guess that anyone here suggesting legalizing drugs will decrease crime has either never worked in law enforcement, or have worked LE only in areas where drug use was VERY insignificant.

Maybe I'm in the minority being a Metro copper in a very high crime district, but I'd say that 75% of the crimes in my area are somehow linked to dope.

Legalize drugs and go after the real criminals?

Who are the 'real criminals'? Murders, rapists, child molesters? Fortunately there aren't that many of these. But if you look at property crimes (which are much more common) like robbery, burglary, auto theft, larceny, etc, many of the perpetrators do what they do to get money to buy dope. Are these folks not 'real criminals’? Like the person above said, dopers usually don't hold steady jobs. Even if you legalize dope and somehow make it cheaper and safer, these folks still aren't going to hold a job to pay for it. Have you run across many drug users (other than occasional pot smokers)? Even if their brains aren't fried yet, they still aren't in right state of mind to work a 9-5 job. Also people on drugs do many stupid thinks. Alot of assaults I go to involve people arguing about dope or arguing while high. Of course alcohol is also a major contributor of assaults and peace disturbances.

BTW, have you seen any crack babies? There is so very little chance of most of these poor kids growing up to be normal contributing members of society. Legalizing drugs would create more crack babies. More crack babies equals more mentally unbalanced youths that have nothing but a life of crime to look forward to.  

By legalizing drugs, you would decrease some of the stats, because you would no longer have any possession/distributing/trafficking/manufacturing arrests, but in reality you would only be hiding the problem. You would still have all the property crimes and much of the violent crimes linked to dope. You might decrease some violent crimes, since you’d put some dealers out of business and they no longer have to kill each other to protect their profit margins. But is it really such a bad thing to have drug dealers killing each other?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:45:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Kill more violent criminals?  Just saying...
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 12:48:13 AM EDT
[#34]
On your third offense we kill you.

Back not that long ago, COUNTIES in Texas had the death penalty. Many courthouses and jails had gallows built right in to the architecture.  Hangings were public.  

Any officer will tell you, 95% of the crime comes from 10% of the population.   Just one piece of rope could make a serious dent in those numbers.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 6:28:21 AM EDT
[#35]
mms://128.241.238.33/KFB/sCleanOutTheJails_03_06.wmv
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top