Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/25/2014 9:10:39 PM EDT
Typical day today until I went to clock out. I have to wear safety toe shoes, and I had places my regular shoes in my locker up front. This is almost unheard of as there are tons of cameras watching this section of the building, not directly inside the locker room but right as you exit the locker room. I came out and noticed the little clip on my door was missing that I use to keep it shut. No worries as sometimes people will pop them off to use on theirs because people are lazy thieves. Well I open my locker and my $50ish New Balance running shoes are gone. There's only one guy which plays jokes and such and I went immediately to him and after speaking he's off the suspect list. Being a saturday there was not very many people there to start with but an 8 hour window for it to occur. We searched all the other lockers and all around the area to no avail. Waiting til tomorrow for a review of the cameras. Hopefully whoever stole them breaks their legs because although it was just a cheap pair of shoes, that takes a real lowlife scumbag. I really liked those shoes and they actually were pretty comfortable to do PT in.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:12:11 PM EDT
Oh i fucking hate a thief
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:14:31 PM EDT
Who steals nasty, sweat soaked athletes foot infected sneakers?
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:26:51 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sel366:
View Quote

I had a coworker steal my nice coffee mug. A no spill stainless one. The fucking thing was still full of coffee when they took it. "People" will do some crazy stupid shit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:27:16 PM EDT

View Quote
This.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:41:47 PM EDT
You guys forget that people have been shot over shoes.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:46:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ARJJ:

View Quote

In da hood, yes, but at someone's workplace?

Sad, you're absolutely right.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:48:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Bigshot64:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:51:21 PM EDT
I just cant wait for their mug to turn up on the camera and their life be turned into a football bat batting a soup sandwich.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:53:48 PM EDT
Anything that isn't nailed down will be taken in a business.

Sad but true. Use a lock, keeps people honest.

You'd be surprised and what people take at my work... Had a guy take MY coffee thermos. Saw it in the sink on morning and thought no one was using it... Used it. I don't get it. If it's not yours don't take it! Same dude at my chips. Bastard.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:56:17 PM EDT
Get that sumbitch fired for stealing
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:59:47 PM EDT
View Quote

The same people that steal greasy, grimy coveralls out of my ship's laundry machines.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:00:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/25/2014 10:01:42 PM EDT by sturmjr]
Originally Posted By 2006highsierra:
Typical day today until I went to clock out. I have to wear safety toe shoes, and I had places my regular shoes in my locker up front. This is almost unheard of as there are tons of cameras watching this section of the building, not directly inside the locker room but right as you exit the locker room. I came out and noticed the little clip on my door was missing that I use to keep it shut. No worries as sometimes people will pop them off to use on theirs because people are lazy thieves. Well I open my locker and my $50ish New Balance running shoes are gone. There's only one guy which plays jokes and such and I went immediately to him and after speaking he's off the suspect list. Being a saturday there was not very many people there to start with but an 8 hour window for it to occur. We searched all the other lockers and all around the area to no avail. Waiting til tomorrow for a review of the cameras. Hopefully whoever stole them breaks their legs because although it was just a cheap pair of shoes, that takes a real lowlife scumbag. I really liked those shoes and they actually were pretty comfortable to do PT in.
View Quote

Do you mean "workout" in?

Maybe you should have had some "OPSEC" and used a lock.

ETA: this is also a tag for updates. OP, don't disappear on this one. Want to hear what happens.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:01:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By riseagainstforme:

Anything that isn't nailed down will be taken in a business.

Sad but true. Use a lock, keeps people honest.

You'd be surprised and what people take at my work... Had a guy take MY coffee thermos. Saw it in the sink on morning and thought no one was using it... Used it. I don't get it. If it's not yours don't take it! Same dude at my chips. Bastard.
View Quote

I came here to post this.  

Padlock, OP.  Cheap peace of mind.  

Fuck thieves.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:07:21 PM EDT

I had a co-worker that would steal people's food from the kitchen area. I bought a box of chocolates and exlax, mixed them, left them, never had the problem again.

Hard to close a sale when you have to take an emergency dump in the middle of it.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:14:45 PM EDT
I recommend leaving your locker just the way it is and leaving a bag of GUMMIE BEARS
for them to have!

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:17:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By nutsandbolts:

I recommend leaving your locker just the way it is and leaving a bag of GUMMIE BEARS

for them to have!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81H5UPADBSL._SY679_.jpg

View Quote

Oh, I change my advice to this.  

Evil genius!

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:30:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sturmjr:

ETA: this is also a tag for updates. OP, don't disappear on this one. Want to hear what happens.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

maybe he means "physical therapy?"

since when is physical training, pt, strictly a military term?
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:48:34 PM EDT
for them to have!

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:15:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Bigshot64:
View Quote

yup
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:24:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ARJJ:

View Quote

You ever see a Chicken shoot another Chicken for his shoes?

No.

Because Chickens are decent people.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:34:57 PM EDT
for them to have!

View Quote

Dude! That is evil! OP must do this!
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:36:19 PM EDT
Maybe they wanted to walk a mile in them.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:55:18 PM EDT
Check ebay
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:26:20 AM EDT
In before a parody thread gets posted about someone cleansing their workplace of foul-smelling shoes.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:40:01 AM EDT
Hate Theives. Tagged for outcome
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:44:40 AM EDT
View Quote

Same fuck who stole a pair of my old wrestling shorts out of the washing machine in the barracks when i was stationed in okinawa, never found out who did it either i fucking hate theives.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:48:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:58:06 AM EDT
Were they Vapora Sports?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 1:05:58 AM EDT

View Quote
Meh people have stolen my underwear before in the military. I started having to write my name on them hoping that at least the thought of having another mans named on their underwear would stop them from stealing it.

My wife has had her half eaten yogurt stolen before at her place of employment and she has even caught a fat guy there going through someone else lunch box, when she called him out she said he didn't even seem fazed he just walked away.

People are nasty fucks, lock everything. Some dude is probably balls deep in your shoes right now.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:10:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:12:32 AM EDT
I fucking hate thieves.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:34:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Brohawk:
Read the "Dinner With Andrea" review.  
View All Quotes

for them to have!

Thanks, that was great.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:35:12 AM EDT
fucking thieves and too top it off they stole someone's disgusting used shoes.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:02:50 AM EDT
I had a pocket knife disappear out of one of my desk drawers. Several years went by and I noticed an engineer in one of our break rooms using it to open a package. I made a comment about how familiar it looked and that bastard commented one of his kids gave it to him for Christmas. I asked if I could look at it and when he handed it to me I opened it and asked him if his kids engraved my initials on the base of the blade. He turned white and started stuttering about how he didn't know how he got my knife. That unionized piece of shit makes  atleast 20k a year more than me and he's stealing a cheap ass Schrade pocket knife from me. I make it a habit to not trust anyone I work with.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:19:17 AM EDT
Originally Posted By honorabledog:
I had a pocket knife disappear out of one of my desk drawers. Several years went by and I noticed an engineer in one of our break rooms using it to open a package. I made a comment about how familiar it looked and that bastard commented one of his kids gave it to him for Christmas. I asked if I could look at it and when he handed it to me I opened it and asked him if his kids engraved my initials on the base of the blade. He turned white and started stuttering about how he didn't know how he got my knife. That unionized piece of shit makes  atleast 20k a year more than me and he's stealing a cheap ass Schrade pocket knife from me. I make it a habit to not trust anyone I work with.
View Quote

I would have told every single person in the workplace about it. Then brought it up whenever he was around.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:37:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CrazyWhiteGuy:
I would have told every single person in the workplace about it. Then brought it up whenever he was around.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CrazyWhiteGuy:

Originally Posted By honorabledog:

I did, and still do. He switched shifts after a work related accident but I still see him a couple times a week.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:39:59 AM EDT
Do you not have the ability to put a lock on your locker?

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:40:06 AM EDT
I hope the their was stupid enough to walk out with the shoes in plain view in front of the cameras. Hope he gets fired.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:42:45 AM EDT

View All Quotes
for them to have!

Must be the same guy who likes Ryan's steakhouse
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:49:41 AM EDT
I caught a first line supervisor stealing out of a co-worker's lunch bucket.

Co-worker whipped his ass at a local watering hole over it. The ass-whipped supervisor went to the plant manager to try to get the co-worker fired but when the facts came out the supervisor was transferred to the Buffalo NY plant.

When he passed by on his last day I asked if he had a good snow shovel.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:06:45 AM EDT

for them to have!

View Quote
From the Q&A:

Customer Questions & Answers

A:

Sure. We would be happy to assist you with this. Let us know if you need help ordering.
See all 38 answers
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:55:54 AM EDT
View Quote

dude, assholes steal anything.
somebody stole my full "get a free subway" card once, the one where you got a sticker with every sandwich purchase. Seven on the card got you a freebie.
this was in a shirt and tie environment, where people made good money.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:57:45 AM EDT
Don't forget that Jelly Belly has some nasty flavored jelly beans. They're called Bernie Bott's Beans, and they
are sickening. My kid wanted to have a contest with me the other day (right after we ate lunch, of course) to
see who could endure the most nasty ones before they quit.

They come in a pack with regular flavored JBs and nasty ones - and you can't tell which is which from their
appearance.

The soap one was pretty bad, but the vomit flavored one topped it. I'm getting nauseous from the memory as
I type this, and I'm proud of the fact that I didn't hurl.    I quit after that.

-Warren-

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:02:56 AM EDT
We had a thief at work raiding the can we kept at the office coffee station for people to put cash in to cover creamer, sugar, donuts etc.
We couldn't figure out who was doing it or when, it went on for months off and on, finally we cut a small hole in the acoustic tile above and behind this area
and installed a camera and recorder, Lo and behold, one morning before everyone got to work there was the thief...since we had footage to back things up,
This person was fired. That was the end of it.This was in the late 90's.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:05:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2014 5:09:47 AM EDT by 2006highsierra]

View All Quotes

I meant PT. I just ETSed back in July so those guys got to see some bonafied Army PT. Not everyone in civilian world dwells in a dark basement. OP also shall complete an AAR once this mess it sorted out. And as for the lock, I have a second locker that I do lock up. I keep two and reason I've never locked this one is it's an old really really shitty pair of Georgia Boots that the insole is split across the bottom, but I continue to keep them so I can change my boots out every day instead of wearing the same pair two days in a row and these boots I could care less of...plus as its been stated, I had the thought of who the fuck steals an old pair of running shoes? I always keep my smaller items and other stuff locked up in the other locker.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:06:53 AM EDT
Originally Posted By LightningII:

somebody stole my full "get a free subway" card once, the one where you got a sticker with every sandwich purchase. Seven on the card got you a freebie.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LightningII:

Wow. Just wow.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:10:49 AM EDT
Originally Posted By WhirlyGirl45:
We had a thief at work raiding the can we kept at the office coffee station for people to put cash in to cover creamer, sugar, donuts etc.
We couldn't figure out who was doing it or when, it went on for months off and on, finally we cut a small hole in the acoustic tile above and behind this area
and installed a camera and recorder, Lo and behold, one morning before everyone got to work there was the thief...since we had footage to back things up,
View Quote

Who was it?  Middle-aged frumpy woman?  Old guy nearing retirement?  Young guy who didn't GAF?

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:13:59 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Justa_TXguy:

Who was it?  Middle-aged frumpy woman?  Old guy nearing retirement?  Young guy who didn't GAF?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Justa_TXguy:
Originally Posted By WhirlyGirl45:

Oh yeah, it was a younger woman (not hot) she told HR she needed the money, and then she asked for a raise.
She had no idea it was actually stealing since it wasn't technically 'company' money. It would have been funny if it hadn'y been so damned aggravating.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:16:27 AM EDT
When I worked in an office lunches started coming up stolen.
It when on for a few months.

One weekend the company installed cameras.
It was a huge fat girl that worked in the mail room.

When shown the video she started crying and said she had a gland problem.
She was fired.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:16:34 AM EDT
Back when I was in the Corps, I had a dude steal a can of dip. That can he stole was my redip can.  Never had another come up missing.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top