Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2007 4:14:05 AM EDT
They'll try anything ......

After the last annual calculations of your fiscal activity we have determined that you are eligible to receive a tax refund of $268.32.
Please submit the tax refund request and allow us 3-4 business days in order to process it.

A refund can be delayed for a variety of reasons. For example submitting invalid records or applying after the deadline.

To access the form for your tax refund, please click here

Regards,
Internal Revenue Service

When you roll over the "click here", the link is w.w.w.noticiasfutbol.com/yadayadayada

The email has a IRS logo and says it's from the Internal Revenue Service, United States Department of The Treasury.

Nice try, Mugambi.  

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:19:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I would definately click and fill in all of your information.

Don't forget to throw your CC#'s on there to.

The worst part about it is people actually fall for this shit.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:21:04 AM EDT
[#2]
They would have better luck ripping people off if they tried it after Jan. 1st
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:23:15 AM EDT
[#3]
yeah, there's a warning somewhere on the IRS site and they even have radio commercials every once and a while warning about these.

I guess people don't realize "hey, I never gave my e-mail address to the IRS."
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:10:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I got the EXACT same e-mail too .... with the same "refund" to the PENNY!  With a very official looking IRS logo at the top of the e-mail.

After the last
annual calculations of your fiscal activity we have determined that
you are eligible to receive a tax refund of $268.32.
Please
submit the tax refund request and allow us 3-4 business days in order to
process it.
A refund can be delayed for a variety of reasons. For example
submitting invalid records or applying after the deadline.
To access the form for your tax refund,
please click here
Regards,
Internal Revenue Service
© Copyright 2007,
Internal Revenue Service U.S.A. All rights reserved

I passed and figured if it was for real it will be waiting for me as a Tax Credit next April. I've screwed up my taxes in the past, and got an ammended copy with RED ink all over it like an old Math teacher correcting my math errors and then a check came in the mail. I never had to fill out any online forms either.  PASS IT UP
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:15:33 PM EDT
[#5]
LOL I like how they copyright it, as if the Fed gov't copyrights stuff.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#6]
They might get more responces if they mailed this in the late winter or early spring..........just a thought.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I got it too, and I have even filed last years taxes yet.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:28:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I got the EXACT same e-mail too .... with the same "refund" to the PENNY!  With a very official looking IRS logo at the top of the e-mail.

You mean like:

Not tough to do...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top