Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 10:30:41 AM EDT
Hypothetically speaking, let's say Fairy-Kerry had succombed to an allergic reaction to all the Botox injections he's been taking recently.

If Kerry died before the election, would Edwards be the POTUS candidate or would the dim-o-craps have to convene again and nominate another candidate?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:33:19 AM EDT
[#1]
considering their (libs) extensive search resulting in the selection of kerry, we have nothing to fear!

(read as, if kerry is the best they can do....)
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#2]
The ballot is already set. Kerry would remain as POTUS candidate in all 50 states. If he won, Edwards would serve.

Amendent XX, Section 3.

"If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President."
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:37:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think they'd go through the whole process again.
My best guess would be they'd fall to the second place in the previous primary and tack on a new VP.
Assuming that the second place was Edwards, then i would guess that's who they'd run with and give him a new VP. (who ever, as it obviously matters to very few people)
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:38:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The ballot is already set. Kerry would remain as POTUS candidate in all 50 states. If he won, Edwards would serve.

Amendent XX, Section 3.

"If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President."

That may be true, but not illustrated by this quote.
this only means AFTER the election if he dies BEFORE his term starts, then Edwards would serve.

Noted by the term President elect. Meaning he was already elected.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:39:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Edwards would replace him.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:41:44 AM EDT
[#6]
People, once the ballot deadline passes, even if Kerry dies he is still the head of the ticket. If he were elected, the CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT (you've heard of those) I quoted above clearly states that the VP-Elect (Edwards) would become President. Then, the VP spot would be filled according to the procedure spelled out in Amendment XXV.

This is not that difficult. Read your Constitution.

ETA: Sarge gets it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:45:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Edwards IS the empty suit the Dems claimed Dan Quayle was.

The Dems could Kiss the Presidency goodbye if Edwards became their lead candidate.

Hitlery is the ONLY one that can save them, now.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:48:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
People, once the ballot deadline passes, even if Kerry dies he is still the head of the ticket. If he were elected, the CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT (you've heard of those) I quoted above clearly states that the VP-Elect (Edwards) would become President. Then, the VP spot would be filled according to the procedure spelled out in Amendment XXV.

This is not that difficult. Read your Constitution.

ETA: Sarge gets it.

Isn't that before the inauguration but AFTER the election??? (ddin't go back and read my Cosntitution.)

IF Kerry became MORE of a vegetable than he already is, you KNOW the Dems would SCREAM how Hitlery MUST be allowed to fill his ballot slot.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:54:56 AM EDT
[#9]
As dense as Edwards appears, he is nowhere near as blatantly ignorant of the world as Quayle.

If for instance Kerry were poisoned with a fake botox injection or his plane crashed, they would carry on with Edwards.  In order for Hitlery to be save the day for them, both Kerry and Edwards would have to be the victims of an unfortunate accident.  The big downside of that would be the deaths of several Secret Service agents.  I wouldn't put it past some democrats to stoop that low.  It all depends on how Kerry's numbers go in the polls, whether Hitlery is willing to wait for 2008 and how far they're willing to go to live at 1600 Pennsylvania avenue.

Remember what Monica Lewinski said:  "Hey, I didn't want to end up like Vincent foster."
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

IF Kerry became MORE of a vegetable than he already is, you KNOW the Dems would SCREAM how Hitlery MUST be allowed to fill his ballot slot.

They can scream all they want.  Campain rules are clear.  AFter the COvention who ever the delegates elect are the ones that get  voted for in Nov.  If someones dies or whatever the VP choice takes their place BEFORE the elections.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top