Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/31/2004 10:27:24 AM EST
You go into a mail box store to ship a package. You pay and while walking out these two hoods walk into the store.

There are only two college-aged girls working in there.

Recently in your town there has been a rash of violent robberies involving two known crips gangsters who have physically hurt employees. They are also involved in a recent shooting where a few people were shot. They both have half million dolllar warrants each and are assumed armed and dangerous.

What would you do? I'll tell you what I did in a bit into the thread.

Poll coming!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:29:21 AM EST
I would have to vote for two, go back inside, and pee my pants. Is that a fair vote?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:29:24 AM EST
Moved to the back of the store under the pretense of "looking for something", and hung out until the coast was clear.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:29:41 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 10:31:51 AM EST by Sierra_Hombre]
deploy SAWs at any points of entrance/exit. call in for air support. summon an ebonics translator.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:31:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By Sierra_Hombre:
deploy SAWs at any points of entrance/exit. call in for air support. summon an ebonics translator.

Damned good answer.

I'd have called the police and gone back inside, but only if I were armed. Otherwise I'd wait in my car out front and would have done whats possible as a good disarmed witness, since NY's carry laws are horrible.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:31:11 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:32:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By Sierra_Hombre:

I like this one
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:32:51 AM EST
Con the hotties into a three way! Deploy Roofies as necessary!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:33:30 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 10:34:20 AM EST by wedge1082]
I yell "IT’S A TRAP!!!"
Then throw this picture into the store.

I carry them in my wallet.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:33:32 AM EST
Ebonics translator? Damn. I missed that option.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:33:44 AM EST
Am I exercising my right to carry?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:34:50 AM EST
Call the authorities and re-enter the building if armed. If not armed, I would get armed, then re-enter the building.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:35:22 AM EST

Originally Posted By kill-9:

Yes, hypothetically you have a kali CCW license packing a Colt Mustang and an extra mag with CorBonBons
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:35:43 AM EST

Originally Posted By wedge1082:
I yell "IT’S A TRAP!!!"
Then throw this picture into the store.

img28.exs.cx/img28/4176/ackbar-trap1.jpg

I carry them in my wallet.

Can I change my vote to "Call Wedge"???

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:35:46 AM EST
If carrying, I would go back into the store and pretend to putter around in a corner. If asked ... "I'm just looking around"

If not carrying, I wold call the po-po just as a precaution, and let them know it's a suspicion, nothing more.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:36:54 AM EST

Originally Posted By Tactical_Jew:

Yes, hypothetically you have a kali CCW license packing a Colt Mustang and an extra mag with CorBonBons

Can we pre-emptively shoot them, sorta like getting the drop on them, unawares and all?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:38:39 AM EST
This is going to sound pretty cold, but, I would leave.
(and yes, I do have LTC and yes, I do carry concealed)

Just because I'm an armed civilian, it doesnt mean its my job to protect the masses.
Im not a cop, if I wanted to be, I would have joined the force.
If I was in a threatening situation and determined that I needed to act to protect myself, that is one thing...but just seeing two guys that fit a description would not justify me playing cop and possibly making the situation worse.

When I carry, I look out for myself only...if other people are concerned about their safety, they ought to be carrying as well. First rule of concealed carry....CONFLICT AVOIDANCE!!!
Bottom line, if I cant justify taking another persons life, ( two in this case), my lawyer probably can't either.

Of course, this is really easy for me to say sitting here at my keyboard...in reality it might be different. I suppose if I really in heart thought something was going down, and these girls were about to become victims....I may take my time "browsing" around the store for a minute to see if anything developed.....but if I am thinking clearly....I wouldnt.

Curious to see what others think.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:39:29 AM EST

Yes, I go back in as if browsing.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:40:07 AM EST

Originally Posted By hielo:

Can we pre-emptively shoot them, sorta like getting the drop on them, unawares and all?

I say yes! Shoot first, ask questions later.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:42:02 AM EST
oh shit a .380? I would run for it!

2 armed gang members you need at least a midsized 9mm
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:49:32 AM EST

Originally Posted By macro:
This is going to sound pretty cold, but, I would leave.
(and yes, I do have LTC and yes, I do carry concealed)

+1 and call po po on cell.

Not worth the risk of leaving my family without.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:49:40 AM EST
I'd would make ready with the trunk gun and call the po-po. Keep an eye on the outside of the store without making a scene.

When po-po arrive, they take care of it... if something happens in the meantime, I suppose I would have to intervene.

Believe you me, I would not be playing Mr. Hero. If my life is in danger, screw it. And I aint firing first... and I'm only shootin enough for them to go down. I'm not going to jail.

- BG
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:51:12 AM EST
Walk back inside and pretend to do something and wait with the phone with 911 predailed
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:52:04 AM EST
If carrying, first I'd call and inform the popo of my suspicion, THEN go back inside under the pretense of looking for something.

If not, I'd call wedge, THEN call the popo with the suspicious nature of events, then go sit in car and wait to see what happens.

Oh, and if option 2, I'd have my camera waiting for them when they left if something happened. The way I see it, the cops would probably like to have better photos than frames pulled from a shitty-assed-security-camera, and if thats all I can do, thats all I can do.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:52:08 AM EST

Originally Posted By repub18:
Walk back inside and pretend to do something and wait with the phone with 911 predailed

+1
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:52:20 AM EST
So, what did TJ do?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:53:44 AM EST

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Pair sought for armed robberies
By MIKE CRUZ/Staff Writer

APPLE VALLEY — Sheriff's deputies are looking for two men who are suspected of committing three robberies over the past six weeks at Kiowa Plaza businesses, officials said Monday.

One of the two men, Ramoan Deshay Thomas, is also wanted in connection with a shooting that seriously injured three men on Kiowa Road on July 1, according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.

Thomas, 20, and Charles Henry Daniel, 22, each have $500,000 warrants for their arrest for the robberies, according to San Bernardino County Superior Court records. Thomas also has an additional $500,000 warrant for his arrest for attempted murder.

The pair were armed with a small brass or gold revolver and a small silver gun when deputies say they entered the Pizza Hut in the 20800 block of Bear Valley Road and robbed the business of $2,175 at 9:55 p.m. Aug. 14, according to the Sheriff's Department.

Thomas and Daniel are also suspected of robbing a Blockbuster Video store in the 20800 block of Bear Valley Road, at 11:45 p.m. July 23 and 10:50 p.m. July 11, according to the Sheriff's Department.

The robbers in the July 11 robbery were armed with an unknown type of weapon and fled with $3,100 in cash, officials said. The July 23 robbery netted $150.

No one was injured in any of the robberies, and no getaway vehicle information was available, according to Trish Hill, Sheriff's Department spokeswoman. Daniel has described himself as a Crips gang member from Ontario, Hill said.

Thomas was named a suspect in the shooting of three men who were standing in their driveway in the 12500 block of Kiowa Road on June 30. The victims, Meldando Hankins, Marcus Hankins and Jacob Wagner, were visiting friends at the home when shots were fired at 7:55 p.m., according to court records.

Meldando Hankins was shot in the head, while Marcus Hankins and Jacob Wagner were shot in the leg, detectives said previously. No further updates on the victims' condition were available.

Thomas faces three counts of attempted murder and three counts of assault with a firearm in the case, according to court records. When he failed to show for a hearing on Aug. 6, an arrest warrant was issued.

Thomas and Daniel also were arrested Dec. 5 — along with two other men — by sheriff's deputies for suspicion of armed robbery of the nearby Cost Less Liquor Store in the 20900 block of Bear Valley Road, according to previous reports.

Thomas is described as a black male, 6 feet tall, weighing 140 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes, and having a pierced left eyebrow.

Daniel is described as a black male, 5 feet 5 inches tall, weighing 160 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:01:50 AM EST
I'd have to position myself so I could observe the store, and have my cellphone in hand with 911 ready to send... of I would go inside and pretend to browse... if I were packing...

If not packing, call the po-po and say a pair fitting the description of the two gangbangers had entered the store and give them the location.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:05:10 AM EST
am i armed
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:10:01 AM EST
I would go back in and ask the girls who they were voting for.

If they said GWB, I would stay.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:14:24 AM EST
Use cell to call 911 from inside. Pretend the operator is your roommate and tell her/him your car is broken down and you need a ride. Give your location, and apologize for borrowing his shirt (describe the shirt you are wearing). Stay on the line and answer questions as best as you can with yes and no answers.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:14:27 AM EST

The kinda chicks that vote for bush dont need our help...the ought to have their own guns!

So, Im still waiting..what did TJ do?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:16:07 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 11:16:28 AM EST by wedge1082]

The pair were armed with a small brass or gold revolver and a small silver gun when deputies say they entered the Pizza Hut in the 20800 block of Bear Valley Road and robbed the business of $2,175 at 9:55 p.m. Aug. 14, according to the Sheriff's Department.

They have the golden gun from Bond. I don't mess with that.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:19:15 AM EST

Originally Posted By macro:

The kinda chicks that vote for bush dont need our help...the ought to have their own guns!

So, Im still waiting..what did TJ do?

I went back inside.

They asked if they cashed checks or sold stamps. They said no to the checks, but yes on the stamps. I saw some pics of the wanted guys, but these guys weren't them. Still. I was fucking nervous like a turkey on thanksgiving.

I told them to call the po-po. They were scared too.

MY FUCKING HEART WAS BREAKING MY STERNUM CAUSE IT WAS JUMPING OUT OF MY CHEST!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:19:30 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 11:20:58 AM EST by HardShell]

Originally Posted By markl32:
Not worth the risk of leaving my family without.

+1

Once upon a time, I would have gone back in hoping something would happen (yes, I was licensed & carrying when I was that immature ).

Now (i.e., with a wife & baby), I would alert the police and wait outside to observe from cover. If something did happen inside (and I could tell it from outside), my compassion would probably overtake my duty to my family and I would probably charge in there against my better judgement (even though it might very well be too late for the young ladies at that point). But I don't believe I would go back in initially under the circumstances described, with no more information than that given. If I knew either/both of the girls, that might change things somewhat - maybe not.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:23:57 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 11:25:01 AM EST by I-M-A-WMD]
Go back in and ask if they have a map, as I wouldn't know how the hell I ended up in Cali.

Then I'd chit-chat with the college girls, or in the event they were ugly- browse around commenting on how there are so many things that could help me around my office. Obviously I'd just be observing and ready to call in helpful discriptions to the LE community while I rethought my drinking habits.

Just a .380 and I'm in Cali? Seriously, I would have to be on a 3 day drinking binge!

Sly

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:43:16 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 11:44:01 AM EST by u-baddog]
I would have walked inside and said to the girls

" Why are the cop cars hanging around at the corner? "

Then left and called the HEAT/fuzz/the man while staying behind hard cover.

I want to help but two against one inside the store just doesnt cut it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:03:17 PM EST

Originally Posted By HighCaliber:
Call the authorities and re-enter the building if armed. If not armed, I would get armed, then re-enter the building.

+1
Top Top