Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/20/2003 8:03:34 AM EDT
Not kidding, a friend of mine gave me a Bushmaster XM-15 Saturday as a wedding gift. I still can't believe it... I am so happy I thought I would let you guys know!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:07:01 AM EDT
Mabye I should get married (Just kidding, I gotta go to college first)
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:12:50 AM EDT
Congrats on the wedding. [beer] Congrats on the bushy too [sniper]. Its nice to have friends like that.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:13:40 AM EDT
Thats a great gift. Did you get the A2 or A3?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:14:43 AM EDT
HOLY COW!!![:o]That ROCKS!!! Good luck in the marriage, does the missus approve of your weaponry?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:28:44 AM EDT
that is pretty rad. I have honestly thought about that, too, for my future wedding (whenever it may be). instead of getting registered at target or sears or wherever, just get registered at a few local gunshops and see what we get [:D]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:57:32 AM EDT
Good thing because now that you're married there little chance you'll ever be allowed to buy anymore cool toys.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:00:14 AM EDT
Memo to those about to get married.....register at your local gun shop. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:12:51 AM EDT
That would definitely be the best gift I ever received! Have fun with it. [sniper2]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:18:50 AM EDT
That brings up some issues I been going over in my head... I'm close to getting engaged, and I want to know what does a man get out of the arrangement??? Yeah, yeah, a loving partner for the rest of your life, blah blah. Well, hypothetically, she should be getting the same out of the deal. So, they way I look at it, since the days of dowries are gone, I should get a machinegun of equal value to the engagement ring I will give to my future wife, right??? How about wedding presents? Lets be honest, these are traditionally aimed towards pleasing the female of the union, right? How many of you married men REALLY wanted China for your wedding gift??? How about that nice blender or the new curio (unless it was full of Curios&Relics) cabinet? I got in trouble because, being the man I am, I got my buddy a nice cordless drill for his wedding present. I figured his wife was a bitch, and she hated me, so why not get a present for HIM. Afterwards I was glad I did, because she wasn't polite enough to say a word to me or my girlfriend at the wedding and I was a groomsman! Not to mention that we had to travel to attend the wedding, but I digress... [B]The point of this rant is: Make sure you buy me guns for my wedding.[/B] Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:23:31 AM EDT
WOW! what some guy's won't do for a little Bushy.[rolleyes] Congratulations on both of them! That will certainly keep your hands busy.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:28:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/20/2003 9:30:39 AM EDT by bruh44]
HKocher, thats a pretty damn good point ya got there... and funny too. I completely agree. My girlfirend and I have spoken of getting married. My idea of the perfect wedding is a road trip to Vegas, a bottle of Jack, an Elvis impersinator, and a room with a hot tub. Now hers.... holy s@#t, I don't even want to get into it. Im gonna have to bring this one up tonight. I want a MP5 out of this! 03Mav, congrats on the wedding, and the AR.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:31:39 AM EDT
Bushmaster should setup a Wedding Registry similar to Filenes.com [:D]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:37:01 AM EDT
For my last buddy that got married I made a point to get him something for him. I got him a gift certificate to one of the local gun shops and encouraged the other guys to do the same. This way he can pick the "outfit". He didn't get a new gun but instead picked up a new reloading equipment that he had been wanting.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:38:49 AM EDT
When I get married, you are all invited.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:56:21 AM EDT
When I got married (19 years ago yesterday), my wife's family had a tool "shower" for me. Kind of like a bridal shower, but for me, and all of the gifts were tools. Almost as cool as guns.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:01:03 AM EDT
Originally Posted By sashmore: When I got married (19 years ago yesterday), my wife's family had a tool "shower" for me. Kind of like a bridal shower, but for me, and all of the gifts were tools. Almost as cool as guns.
View Quote
That's a great idea! Women are out of control with the showers, so why not some for us? At my last job, we rotated weekends, and one of the gals I worked with couldn't work weekends for two months prior to her wedding, because she had a shower EVERY weekend!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:02:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By HKocher: I'm close to getting engaged, and I want to know what does a man get out of the arrangement???
View Quote
Loss of financial, sexual, and physical freedom. Good luck!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:11:58 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Chimborazo:
Originally Posted By HKocher: I'm close to getting engaged, and I want to know what does a man get out of the arrangement???
View Quote
View Quote
HA! Thanks for the support! BTW, I'm stocking up on guns as we speak...
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:23:28 AM EDT
How gay is that![:I]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:27:15 AM EDT
View Quote
View Quote
LMAO. And those are the good things.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:32:04 AM EDT
Holy crap talk about a good friend.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:34:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/20/2003 10:35:37 AM EDT by nwatson99]
Originally Posted By 03Mav: Not kidding, a friend of mine gave me a Bushmaster XM-15 Saturday as a wedding gift. I still can't believe it... I am so happy I thought I would let you guys know!
View Quote
Very nice I know you will enjoy. Congrats on the Rifle [:D] My condolences on the wedding.[}:D]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:36:39 AM EDT
View Quote
View Quote
What planet do YOU live on?? [:D] Financial: When you get married around HERE, the little missus expects YOU to bring home ALL the money, and she's never satsified no matter how much you make. And THEN, she bitches at you because you're too busy working to pay as much attention to here as she wants! Sexual: Do you know why women smile as they are walking down the aisle? Because they've given their last blowjob and no longer have to watch their weight, either! Legs lure men into the spider's lair, but once you're in the web, you get nothing but the fangs. Freedom: You had it, but now you don't. Your every moment, waking or otherwise, must be spent in service to the little woman in one way or another. It's quite all right for her to go out and have an evening with the girls she went to high school with (think "ya ya sisterhood"), but for YOU, an evening with YOUR high school buddies is TOTALLY out of the question! In fact, while she's out with her friends at the local nudie bar on ladie's night, watching ten very muscular, good looking, well hung, and totally homosexual Chippendale dancers shoving their packages in her face and shoving YOUR hard-earned cash so far into their crotch-mounted socks that you'd think she's going for change, (or at least a sperm sample) YOU are supposed to be re-grouting the tile floor because SHE doesn't like the dingy look of the OLD grout! THAT might explain why I'm not married! Not that I wouldn't mind, with the RIGHT woman, but I haven't met her yet. I keep meeting the one I just described but was smart enough not to marry her. My brother wasn't so lucky. (I hope I don't sound bitter!) [lol] CJ
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:36:52 AM EDT
Thanks!! I am not sure if its an A2 or A3? I am new to the ARs because I have been researching AK varients. I am too poor to afford an AR so I thought I would save up for an AK. Well, now I have a whole lot of research to do!! The exact model number is XM15-E2S.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:40:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By HKocher: I got in trouble because, being the man I am, I got my buddy a nice cordless drill for his wedding present.
View Quote
I hope it was an 18volt Dewalt? The shiznit! Made sure it has the hammerdrill capability, and an extra battery... Once the girls find it, an extra battery is a must! My bride finds that the Dewalt is the shit for trimming the hedges with the 40 year old Sears and Roebuck hedge trimmer attachment that we found out in her daddy's pickup shed.... You know... the same shed where he and I drank homemade liquor and wine before we buried him... WWII Vet with all honors.... The bride and her mother wondered why Henry and I always wandered off..
[B]The point of this rant is: Make sure you buy me guns for my wedding.[/B] Thank you!
View Quote
My bride is sporting a 2/3 carat solitaire VS1, with matching wrap, Match HBAR on her ring finger. (She points out that "The diamond shoots subMOA")... (I love that)Bitch... We were married 10 years ago. I sold my first AR to get our rings. Do the math and see that it would be a preban, now. You dumbass, send me proof (newspaper announcement with pics, [i]invitation[/i], copy of marriage license...etc.), and I'll glagly send you a NIW Center (with all the welds...), just so you can have a lasting memory.... At least you'll have a NIW mag with a $25.00 pricetag on it... On a lighter note, my bride and I are "recreating" our marriage (at the Dare County Detention Center, Manteo, NC) July 8th. We had a magistrate to do the ceremony, and 2 Guards for witnesses. Any volunteers? An ARFCOM Army of witnesses would be too cool... as long as you didn't try to take my bride away from me. No flame intended....
Top Top