Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2002 7:16:33 PM EDT
As paranoid as some people here seem to be about trolls, I never really see that many of them. Last ones I remember were someone posting as Bill_Clinton (with views similar to the real one), and a couple of guys with 88 in their names posting really nutty anti-Israel stuff. We never seem to get liberal trolls telling us that we're all evil whackos who oppress the poor and whatnot. I have to wonder why. After all, from the bragging that goes on around here, it seems like someone gets booted off DU for trolling several times a day, even though they have more complex anti-troll requirements then we do, like requiring several replies before you can start a thread. Are there simply more conservatives on the net? Or it is that their views don't stand up to argument, and they know it? Are they just wussies? Are our mods really, really good? What's going on?
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 7:21:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Are they just wussies?
View Quote

Yup.

We have some trolls.  

Emoto
trickshot

Couple others.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, fine.  I can't hide anymore....

GUNS ARE BAD - TAKE THEM ALL AWAY, NOW.

GORE in 2004!

MILITARY?  WHO NEEDS IT.

RECOUNT THE ELECTION.  AGAIN.  AND AGAIN.

that's it for now.

Link Posted: 11/13/2002 7:32:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you going to pi$$ in the cornflakes of folks on a GUN board?
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yup.

We have some trolls.  

Emoto
trickshot

Couple others.
View Quote

Never seen Emoto post, at least not that I can remember. I don't really consider trickshot a troll either. He has some controversial views, but he doesn't seem to be obsessed with shouting them out or arguing  all the time. Plus, he's stayed around for a while. Aren't there some true liberal nutcases out there to post about how Gore really won the election and Bush had Wellstone killed and the war on Iraq is all about oil and the Republican party is pure evil and stuff like that?
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 7:40:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ok, fine.  I can't hide anymore....

GUNS ARE BAD - TAKE THEM ALL AWAY, NOW.

GORE in 2004!

MILITARY?  WHO NEEDS IT.

RECOUNT THE ELECTION.  AGAIN.  AND AGAIN.

that's it for now.
View Quote

Nope, not gonna buy it.  A REAL troll would have said Hillary in 2004.  Must just be stirring the poop!
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 7:41:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup.

We have some trolls.  

Emoto
trickshot

Couple others.
View Quote

Never seen Emoto post, at least not that I can remember. I don't really consider trickshot a troll either. He has some controversial views, but he doesn't seem to be obsessed with shouting them out or arguing  all the time. Plus, he's stayed around for a while. Aren't there some true liberal nutcases out there to post about how Gore really won the election and Bush had Wellstone killed and [red]the war on Iraq is all about oil and the Republican party is pure evil[/red] and stuff like that?
View Quote

I guess you haven't been paying attention to trickshot's posts.  

Longevity means nothing.  With all my screen names combined I had a total of 8200 posts on the DU.  I was most definetly a "right-wing" (actually I'm libertarian, but whatever) troll.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Trolls?  Oh yes, very good sauteed with a nice red wine sauce.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 8:11:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Okay, trickshot has posted that the war on Iraq is about oil, and mabye that the Republican party is evil (don't remember that one), but he still doesn't seem like a real troll. He's supposed to come more from a hardcore Libertarian position then a Liberal Democrat position... I think.

Besides, everyone knows that Daschle would make the best president, with Reno governer of Florida. [;D]
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 8:18:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 8:24:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 8:30:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 8:32:53 PM EDT
[#14]

[:k][sniper]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top