Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2002 3:42:38 PM EDT
?

I only get one TV channel here (ABC) so maybe I missed something?

Last I heard, at least 3 weeks ago, they suspected U.S. labs and were looking closely at one of the top scientists who had some radical ideas and had reportedly been fired 2 or 3 times before.

Then ABC had a program about how, decades ago, some U.S. servicemen volunteered for biological weapons testing and made such a vital contribution to our nation's defense.

Haven't heard a peep more on the subject since.

[peep]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:29:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I appears the Feds have come up empty handed.

DaMan
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably came from Ft. Detrick and nobody wants to fess up....meanwhile they have fumigated the buildings in DC for the umpteenth time..gonna keep doing it until the EPA says its safe, which of course according to the EPA NOTHING is safe.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#3]
The last I remember was they were looking real hard at a bio lab guy in Columbus Ohio but that was the last of it.

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#4]
No douchebag liberals have received anthrax letters for a while so it isn't newsworthy anymore.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:24:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Seemed to disappear from the national radar screens right about the time that the news org had confirmation from 5 different sources that this particular strain of anthrax was developed in US labs--Fort Detrick/ASAMRIID being one.

Something about having to answer the logical question--why would US labs be developing these bio agents.

Draw your own conclusions.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 9:31:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Last I heard, they were trying to develop the "who might have benefited from this?" line.

I did not hear if they were investigating any developments at distributors or manufacturers of gas masks or other protective gear.  It would be interesting to see whether anybody stocked up on components or materials used in the manufacture of such protective items at some earlier point.  Not talking about routine orders, but really odd patterns.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 10:25:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, they did finally find that missing Bio-Chemist/Weapon scientist floating in a river.

I have a feeling that he either could have been the source and then killed himself. Dead men tell no tales. Or he was the source of Anthrax for other terrorists. They got their supply then they killed him and dumped his body.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 10:50:56 PM EDT
[#8]
No,man! It was the Irakis like Eric the Hun said!  [:P]

DaMan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top