BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2013 8:01:49 AM EDT
Based on this trailer.  I will buy!

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:23:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I have it.

If you like old school style games like Serious Sam you'll enjoy it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:32:55 AM EDT
[#2]
That does look fun.  Very 80's ninja movie.

Which, considering how much I liked the 80's inspired Blood Dragon, I might have to get this!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a Godzilla cameo in that trailer (and in the game) if you look closely behind his right shoulder at the mountains as he lights his cigarette at the beginning.

It's a great game and really a must-buy if you are on PC.  It's supposed to be coming out on consoles eventually.  The game is extremely well polished and for the most part feels like a AAA title except for the lack of mulitplayer.  But the campaign is something like 12 hours long with pretty good replayability so there's nothing that feels like it's missing.  The story is fun but remarkably coherent and well done for a game of that type.  

Lo Wang is still a badass and the jokes are generally pretty good too - cheesy but for the most part not head-smackingly so.  There are LOTS of secrets to find, lots of money to collect, non-automatically regenerating health, upgrades to the crazy weapons, etc.

And the katana is the single most fun weapon I've used all year, seriously.  If you adjust the game settings to allow more complicated sword swings, it will cut in the direction you move your mouse, allowing for really awesome melee combat.  

The game fucking rocks, whether you played the original or not.

And it DOES have that Stan Bush song in the game.  Winning.

Here's another trailer that kinda shows you what you are getting into.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:17:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's a Godzilla cameo in that trailer (and in the game) if you look closely behind his right shoulder at the mountains as he lights his cigarette at the beginning.

It's a great game and really a must-buy if you are on PC.  It's supposed to be coming out on consoles eventually.  The game is extremely well polished and for the most part feels like a AAA title except for the lack of mulitplayer.  But the campaign is something like 12 hours long with pretty good replayability so there's nothing that feels like it's missing.  The story is fun but remarkably coherent and well done for a game of that type.  

Lo Wang is still a badass and the jokes are generally pretty good too - cheesy but for the most part not head-smackingly so.  There are LOTS of secrets to find, lots of money to collect, non-automatically regenerating health, upgrades to the crazy weapons, etc.

And the katana is the single most fun weapon I've used all year, seriously.  If you adjust the game settings to allow more complicated sword swings, it will cut in the direction you move your mouse, allowing for really awesome melee combat.  

The game fucking rocks, whether you played the original or not.

And it DOES have that Stan Bush song in the game.  Winning.

Here's another trailer that kinda shows you what you are getting into.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JufKhN3MmrA
View Quote

Fully Destructable Bicycles and Advanced Fish Physics, in the same game?   Well, shit...they gots my moneys now!

(seriously I'm getting this now.  Well, once I get my dead PC sorted out this weekend....)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top