Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2010 2:56:53 PM EDT
Hey,

So I liked their DLP tv's, so I started looking for them.

Looks like they're gone?

The only one on Crutchfield is the Mitsu.

I guess LED, LCD and Plasma ate their lunch...

Should I pick one up cheap?

Kevin ""
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:21:20 AM EDT
[#1]
When I bought my TV, I bought a DLP because it was the only format that had a really large screen at a reasonable price.

More than 3 years later, I'm still happy with it.

However, technology has kind of passed DLP by at this point.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:38:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't tell you about the Samsungs but the Mitsubishis I'm seen still look pretty nice.  I had a roommate that had a 52" that he put out in the living room.  He was a pretty good roommate.  The big problem with them is that they're even worse than LCD's when it comes to off-axis viewing.  IIRC, you got about 25-30 degrees off center and the screen would start to darken perceptibly.

If the majority of your viewing is with just you plus one or two  more people it'd be a cheap way to get a bid screen that still looks better than the low end LCD that would cost nearly twice as much at that size.

If you've got a whole family or routinely have larger groups of people over you might be better saving up for a LCD or a plasma.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:11:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I love my Mitsu 65"

I really don't have a wall to mount a plasma/LCD, and have a huge living room, so the DLP gave me the best bang for the buck

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top