Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/1/2009 10:56:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:57:28 AM EDT
He's an asshole who used to have the market cornered. Not anymore, Spikes, CMMG etc.. are better options. I have a ceiner, but I would never buy one from him.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:58:00 AM EDT
Dick.

I'm waiting on my Ciener Beretta .22 kit that I backordered from someone else.

I'd never order from him.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:58:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 230grains:
He's an asshole who used to have the market cornered. Not anymore, Spikes, CMMG etc.. are better options. I have a ceiner, but I would never buy one from him.

THIS!

QFT

BBQ

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:59:32 AM EDT

You couldve stopped there.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:00:09 AM EDT
my Ceiner .22 for the AR is a jam-o-matic... now collects dust on the shelf...
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:00:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/1/2009 11:01:11 AM EDT by Sig_Fan]
Panic buying/"we are swamped with unprecedented levels of orders" has really enabled certain vendors that where already rude and difficult to deal with even worse.

This "shortage" we are in right now really enables certain members of the gun community to feel god-like over their peon customers.

I'll never spend a penny with this Ceiner character as well as a half dozen other vendors who think their customers don't matter.

When this craze subsides, and it will, a lot of these folks will be hurting.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:01:01 AM EDT
Yeah...Ciener is a complete and total FUCKING PRICK. There are better options than his shit available now anyway, as others have posted.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:01:37 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Sig_Fan:
Panic buying/"we are swamped with unprecedented levels of orders" has really enabled certain vendors that where already rude and difficult to deal with even worse.

This "shortage" we are in right now really enables certain members of the gun community to feel god-like over their peon customers.

I'll never spend a penny with this Ceiner character as well as a half dozen other vendors who think their customers don't matter.

He was an asshole long before the craze.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:01:50 AM EDT
My Ceiner is fine, I shoot it more than anything else thee days.  And I never had any problem dealing with Him or his company.

Don't know what the problem is?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:03:32 AM EDT

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:04:02 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Danner130:
My Ceiner is fine, I shoot it more than anything else thee days.  And I never had any problem dealing with Him or his company.

I guess some other folks have so there in lies their problem.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:04:08 AM EDT

I keep hearing this about him and my experience with him was that he was pleasant and funny, just older than dirt and a little deaf.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:04:15 AM EDT

My understanding was that a lot of other vendors were reselling Ciener kits due to him having the rights to all such designs.  Are Spikes and CMMG selling their own kits?  

J.A. Ciener will never get a dollar of my money, either directly or via an intermediary.  I'll use a vise and a hammer to discharge rimfires first.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:05:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By WinstonSmith:

My understanding was that a lot of other vendors were reselling Ciener kits due to him having the rights to all such designs.  Are Spikes and CMMG selling their own kits?  

J.A. Ciener will never get a dollar of my money, either directly or via an intermediary. I'll use a vise and a hammer to discharge rimfires first.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:05:40 AM EDT
 And I never had any problem dealing with Him or his company.

You capitalized "Him", is "He" "God"?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:06:46 AM EDT

Woops, sorry.. miss that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:07:36 AM EDT
My dealer contacted him after waiting several months for the conversion kits he ordered.  According to my dealer, Mr. Ceiner basically told him to fuck off.  My dealer canceled his orders then and there, and anytime you ask him about it he gets pissed all over again.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:07:57 AM EDT

he thinks he is.....
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:08:52 AM EDT

J.A. Ciener will never get a dollar of my money, either directly or via an intermediary. I'll use a vise and a hammer to discharge rimfires first.

LULZ, good catch. It's either a w/o actually using the emoticon or it's a slip o' the subconscious...
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:10:57 AM EDT

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:11:13 AM EDT

Oops, I might have confused him with Him (Lord Obama, high priest of Marxism in the West).
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:12:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

LULZ, good catch. It's either a w/o actually using the emoticon or it's a slip o' the subconscious...

I need to figure out how to replace the guy in the emoticon being beat with a hammer with a round of ammo.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:12:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By thedave1164:

he thinks truly believes that he is.....

Fixed!

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:15:17 AM EDT
You are free to do business elsewhere, it is a good measure to keep people from wasting his time.

When you get a solid estimate on delivery be content with it and quit calling every other day.  If he consistantly misses estimates you will probably hear it first here.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:15:24 AM EDT
That makes me want to call him and ask a bunch of questions.

Does anyone else make a .22 upper for a Glock 17?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:18:10 AM EDT
[quoteSo Jonathan Ceiner charges you 10 dollars if you ask about the status of your conversion kit order?][/quote]

No, you have to send him $10 BEFORE you can ask.

FWIW, Brownell's drop his entire product line.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:19:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

I need to figure out how to replace the guy in the emoticon being beat with a hammer with a round of ammo.

Actually, I was trying to quote this reply

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:19:43 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JIMBEAM:

Does anyone else make a .22 upper for a Glock 17?

The best is made by  http://www.advantagearms.com/
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:19:54 AM EDT
Good to know. There should be a list of asshole vendors.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:20:13 AM EDT

LOL...me, too.  I was I had a lot of extra cash....I'd make an order and call on it every other day.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:21:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/1/2009 11:23:05 AM EDT by Sig_Fan]
Originally Posted By CS223:
[quoteSo Jonathan Ceiner charges you 10 dollars if you ask about the status of your conversion kit order?]

No, you have to send him $10 BEFORE you can ask.

FWIW, Brownell's drop his entire product line.[/quote]

Doesn't surprise me. Brownells isn't going to play around with its large customer base over this guy's attitude problems and severe lack of customer service.

FWIW, for every JA Ceiner out there, there is a Bravo Company, Brownells, LaRue, or Palmetto Armory.

ETA: I will spend more money with someone that treats me like my hard earned money matters to his business.

I bought a gun product recently that was 240 at one vendor who had a questionable reputation and 265 at one well known for treating their customer right. The 25 bucks was well worth it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:25:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By desertmoon:

LOL...me, too.  I was I had a lot of extra cash....I'd make an order and call on it every other day.

And all you'll get is a busy signal.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:28:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/1/2009 2:37:47 PM EDT by triburst1]

The problem is his narcissism.

Ceiner is like the unholy offspring of the Soup Nazi and Madalin Murray O'Hair.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:31:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By junebug68:

Yeah...Ciener is a complete and total FUCKING PRICK. There are better options than his shit available now anyway, as others have posted.

+1
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:39:29 AM EDT
What a dick!
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:41:08 AM EDT

FWIW, for every JA Ceiner out there, there is a Bravo Company, Brownells, LaRue, or Palmetto Armory.

But again, which of them are making their own kits and which are reselling or licensing Ciener?

My fucking Estwing is guaranteed not to enrich that bastard in the slightest.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:44:08 AM EDT
Nothing you can do will matter to him. He's rich, and doesn't give a shit about you or your problems.

Need a new part? His advice is to buy another kit and use it as parts.

Brass ejecting and hitting you in the head? Wear a hat.

His brother is a big shot attorney and suits never go anywhere with him. Basically drives around in his Ferrari doing what he wants. And nothing you can do about it
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:46:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/1/2009 11:46:46 AM EDT by JIMBEAM]
Originally Posted By TurdyDingo:
Nothing you can do will matter to him. He's rich, and doesn't give a shit about you or your problems.

His brother is a big shot attorney and suits never go anywhere with him. Basically drives around in his Ferrari doing what he wants. And nothing you can do about it

Other than not buy his shit.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:49:16 AM EDT

Again, he doesn't care.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:51:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By thirsty:

My dealer contacted him after waiting several months for the conversion kits he ordered.  According to my dealer, Mr. Ceiner basically told him to fuck off.  My dealer canceled his orders then and there, and anytime you ask him about it he gets pissed all over again.

Check your story.

JAC, charges for orders up front. So he canceled his order? Jack will keep a 25% fee. So if he was pissed.  

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:54:35 AM EDT

Again, he doesn't care.

Sometimes karma takes its sweet time in catching-up to the reality. But it always does. One way or the other, mr. ceiner will pay the piper.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:56:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By jjrockbush:

Originally Posted By thirsty:

Check your story.

JAC, charges for orders up front. So he canceled his order? Jack will keep a 25% fee. So if he was pissed.

Not "my" story.  My dealer's story.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:58:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/1/2009 11:59:32 AM EDT by docmcb]
Ceiner isn't making money off licensing, the patent has expired. AT least that's the way I heard it.

But again, which of them are making their own kits and which are reselling or licensing Ciener?

My fucking Estwing is guaranteed not to enrich that bastard in the slightest.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:09:51 PM EDT
I feel so special. I must be the only guy on the planet Ceiner was not rude and nasty to.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:16:14 PM EDT
Ciener has ALWAYS been a dick...

Seriously, not a new thing. I remember tails from 1990 of him telling customers that "They would be lucky to ever see their money back OR their merchandise."

Only stupid n00bs ever buy anything from him.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:18:26 PM EDT
Sold mine due to lack of support/service. He's a douchenozzle of the HIGHEST order. DONT GIVE HIM YOUR MONEY! There's much better choices out there now.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:19:37 PM EDT

he thinks so.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:23:06 PM EDT

+1   This guy has been an asshole for many years, not just "before the shortage".  His ego is as big as the state of Texas!   Ceiner makes a good product, but if you ever have a problem with it, the customer service is non existent.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:25:35 PM EDT
Rumor has it, he was one of the old dudes in the balcony for the Muppet Show...
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:28:35 PM EDT
I got one at the brownells job fair a CMMG one that is with a 27rd mag....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top