Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2010 3:20:26 AM EDT

Where the bloody hell did they get all those NFL shoulderpads from?  Ive lost count how many I have seen, and the movie has only been on for about 30mins.  I've only ever seen 1 pair of them here, and that was owned by a mate who played in the local competition.

And whats with all the fuckin bondage gear?  Looks like in apocalyptic Aus, Kings Cross got raided hard.

Looks like all the roos died during the clash of the 2 tribes too.

Everybody knows that even if the world becomes like that, there is no way that there would be no grog.  I havent seen a single drop of grog.  If the world went to shit like that, everyone would be on the piss.

Just walk away...

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 3:23:23 AM EDT

I think the feral kid has downs.

Strange little bugger

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 3:32:55 AM EDT
The outfits? a punk thing, it was the 80's and that look went along with our idea of a post apocalyptic world.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 3:38:11 AM EDT

Particularly in Australia where I would bet there's not a lot pf padded football being played....

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 3:41:04 AM EDT
I thought they were made out of old tires?
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 3:48:08 AM EDT
well being from the outback...tell us how it really happened...
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 3:50:21 AM EDT
The hands down star of that movie was the Blue Heeler, "Dog".
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 3:50:56 AM EDT
One of my favorite films of all time.

I hit a point in my teens where I became over analytical and started asking, "where do they get oil, tires, brake fluid, air for tires, brake pads, axle grease, headlights, alternators, hell, water for gods sake"

Then, in my 20's, I realized something, it is  a fantasy movie.  It is to be taken lightly and to have fun with.  In a post apocalyptic setting, gasoline and cars are the last thing we would be fighting over.

I think if 90% of the population died out, we would have a hard enough time even finding each other.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 3:51:05 AM EDT
We don't need another hero......
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 3:54:55 AM EDT
Originally Posted By timco:
We don't need another hero......

Ah, thats #3..........
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 3:59:03 AM EDT

Its strange watching Mel Gibson act before he became a douchebag

Right now its a scene where they are indoors in some dark shed building.  I see no barrels of homebrew!  WTF!  That would be high on the list of priorities, especially out in the middle of fuckin nowhere!

Ya know, its been almost 30yrs and I bet the filming location hasnt changed a bit.  Fuck, most of Aus hasnt changed in a bloody long time.

I deadset think that kid has downs.  What a crazy little bugger.

Haha I like the sped up footage.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 3:59:37 AM EDT

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 4:08:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/26/2010 4:12:38 AM EDT by RCJ]
Man, when Max leans out and drills the driver through the windshield of the Landau, and then the guy on the roof of the primary mover with the sawn off... one hundred percent badass. I've seen a few members' pics of their short barreled doubles, I WILL have one!

Now I just need to get the guy with the avatar of Max leaning out to post. Come on, guy who's screen name I've forgotten, don't fail me now!!

EDIT: I still prefer the first Mad Max, the Falcon XBs and the Holden Monaro.... very cool.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 4:09:47 AM EDT

Meanwhile, in the USA...

A middle aged blind black man is wandering around carrying a backpack, a shotgun, a pistol and a machete.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 4:13:16 AM EDT

What the fuck?  An ice hockey mask?  Ive only ever seen a frozen lake here once, and the ice would be too thin to walk across!  We have fuck all ice rinks too.

That kid deadset has downs or something...

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 4:16:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FiftyCalibre:

What the fuck?  An ice hockey mask?  Ive only ever seen a frozen lake here once, and the ice would be too thin to walk across!  We have fuck all ice rinks too.  

+5 unarmed!

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:08:43 AM EDT
What I would like to know is how do you turn on or off a supercharger?
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:12:31 AM EDT

Overthinking...you're doing it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:19:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Cozmacozmy:

Same way an A/C compressor works.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:21:04 AM EDT
Stop analyzing the movie. It's not worth it. Just drink a few pints, sit back and enjoy the bad ass chase sequence at the end of the movie.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:22:37 AM EDT
Originally Posted By snoopaloop:

please be sarcasm
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:27:31 AM EDT

Where the fuck did a 1980s Aussie prop department get all those random as fuck pieces of sporting equipment that nobody here would have?

And where did they find a kid with downs syndrome that is willing to put up with mel gibson?

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:28:32 AM EDT

Magnetic clutch... it is the future, after all!  (well, from when the movie was made in the early 80's anyway)
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:32:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/26/2010 5:33:22 AM EDT by RTUtah]
Fifty, mate, there's far weirder shit in that movie than football pads and a "little bugger" with downs throwing a boomerang.  Keep watching mate.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:34:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By vinnyofsc:

please be sarcasm

Magnetic clutch, as mentioned above.  At least in theory it would work.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:35:09 AM EDT
I love the first two films of that franchise.  They communicate the themes of vigilante moralism and redemptive violence very effectively.

And Max Rockatansky is a great character.

My life fades. The vision dims. All that remains are memories. I remember a time of chaos. Ruined dreams. This wasted land. But most of all, I remember The Road Warrior. The man we called "Max". To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time. When the world was powered by the black fuel. And the desert sprouted great cities of pipe and steel. Gone now, swept away. For reasons long forgotten, two mighty warrior tribes went to war and touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing. They'd built a house of straw. The thundering machines sputtered and stopped. Their leaders talked and talked and talked. But nothing could stem the avalanche. Their world crumbled. The cities exploded. A whirlwind of looting, a firestorm of fear. Men began to feed on men. On the roads it was a white line nightmare. Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice. And in this maelstrom of decay, ordinary men were battered and smashed. Men like Max. The warrior Max. In the roar of an engine, he lost everything. And became a shell of a man, a burnt out, desolate man, a man haunted by the demons of his past, a man who wandered out into the wasteland. And it was here, in this blighted place, that he learned to live again...
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:36:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/26/2010 5:36:49 AM EDT by Wyzardd]
I think the blower only works south of the equator, it has to do with the Coriolis effect.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:47:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Fifty, mate, there's far weirder shit in that movie than football pads and a "little bugger" with downs throwing a boomerang.  Keep watching mate.

I think the gyro captain is from Tasmania.  Looks inbred.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:53:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RTUtah:

I think the gyro captain is from Tasmania.  Looks inbred.

I hear those Tassies are a strange lot.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:44:55 AM EDT

please be sarcasm

Unfortunately, the rotors inside of the blower would block the air flow from the carb to the cylinders.  Remove the rotors and it would work just fine, just not as a supercharger.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:48:11 AM EDT
"Mud Guts wants his arm back"

oh wait, that was the first one
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:50:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By jmt1991:

please be sarcasm

Unfortunately, the rotors inside of the blower would block the air flow from the carb to the cylinders.  Remove the rotors and it would work just fine, just not as a supercharger.

Intake spacer + bypass valves under the blower.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:56:28 AM EDT
Originally Posted By jmt1991:

Ummm...no
my truck runs just fine with the blower sitting there and not spinning.....
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 4:02:18 PM EDT

please be sarcasm

It does not work and has been tried, there is far too much friction and resistance under boost.

The blower was a large prop on top of a carbed 351.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 4:11:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By peekay:

+5 unarmed!

I rost

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 4:12:21 PM EDT

The supercharger is powered by mel's douchefagness.  Fact.  Thats why it can be turned off and on.  When its on, he's less of a douche.  It hasnt been used for years, which is why he is such a douche right now.

I wonder what Mad Max 4 will be like...

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 4:38:32 PM EDT
The American football gear was for the Football Team from the USS SAWFISH.

It is a little known fact the On The Beach was a prequel to "Mad Max"  
Top Top