Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2012 10:57:23 AM EDT
Not quite sure yet.

I have a 2008 G35 Sedan that I've really liked but as I think about it every time I go to do a hobby (guns, biking, etc.) I wish I had a truck. I'm not necessarily looking for truck capabilities (offroading, pulling large trailers, etc.) but something that has a bed to throw my crap in and head to the nearest trail or shooting range. My brother says look at a small SUV but I think I end up at square 1 with no bed for my bike and I'm not sure I want to give up the fun driving that was had in the G35.

So...I've been looking at the Toyota X-Runner (pre owned). good handling, decent speed (0-60 in 7 seconds) that is upgradeable with a dealer installed SC, a bed, room for groceries in the back seating area, etc.

Just a thought right now. Anyone have one or friend/family that has one. Thoughts?

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:46:18 AM EDT
[#1]
What about an Infiniti FX?

Or an El Camino.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:44:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I had a 2005 FX35 (AWD) for a short while.  It had a lot more backseat room than the G35 sedan but the rear cargo room is pretty small.  A full size hard rifle case could only fit in the back at an angle.  I could get a bike into it with the back seats folded down and the cargo cover removed and the front tire of the bike removed.

For a crossover though it was fun to drive.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a 2005 FX35 (AWD) for a short while.  It had a lot more backseat room than the G35 sedan but the rear cargo room is pretty small.  A full size hard rifle case could only fit in the back at an angle.  I could get a bike into it with the back seats folded down and the cargo cover removed and the front tire of the bike removed.

The fun to drive part is what I'm trying to keep. I'm a little hesitant at the crossover for the storage reason mentioned above. I want to be able to carry 2 bikes without the need for a receiver hitch rack.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:28:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fun to drive part is what I'm trying to keep. I'm a little hesitant at the crossover for the storage reason mentioned above. I want to be able to carry 2 bikes without the need for a receiver hitch rack.

Get a receiver hitch rack. I've carried bikes in truck beds, in the back of SUVs, and on a hitch rack. Hitch racks beat the ever living hell out of the other options.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:42:43 PM EDT
[#5]
i was in a similar situation as the OP...  i set my sights on a tacoma, and just got a '12 doublecab trd sport.. the x-runner looks good, but i wanted the auto trans (taller hwy gearing and good reliability) and more versatility from the doublecab and taller stance of the prerunner and 4x4 models..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top