Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:56:29 PM EDT
[#2]
No pics, ban him.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:57:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

No pics, ban him.

They're in the oven!  Pictures when they're done

I'm taking them in to work tomorrow.  We're having a chili cookoff.  I don't like chili, but I figured I could enter some ABT

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:58:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
No pics, ban him.

They're in the oven!  Pictures when they're done

I'm taking them in to work tomorrow.  We're having a chili cookoff.  I don't like chili, but I figured I could enter some ABT

With or without beans?

IBTL.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I took my hot jerky, was not hot enough so picked up some blairs after death it is uncomfy....
I will be making western beans this weekend and plan on making them almost to hot.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:04:39 PM EDT
[#6]
You know the rules. Pics. And a recipe!
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:11:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Recipe:

12 jalapenos

8oz cream cheese brick

2tsp paprika

1tsp cayenne pepper

1 package Little Smokies weiners

1 package thick cut bacon

Cut the tops off of the jalapenos and then slice them in half down the middle.  Core out the jalapenos using a spoon.  The more membrane left inside, the hotter.  You want to take out the seeds for sure.  Remember that the cream cheese will counteract the heat as well.  Then rinse the inside and outside with water and pat them dry with a paper towel.

Next, mix the cream cheese, paprika, and cayenne pepper in a bowl.  Should turn out an orangeish color.  Once that's done go ahead and cut 12 strips of bacon in half.  Fill the jalapeno halves with the cream cheese mix (use either a butter knife or a piping bag) then cover the cream cheese with a little smokey.  Then you're going to wrap each jalapeno in bacon and skewer it shut with a toothpick.

It's best to cook over a smoker but I can't have one of those at my apartment complex.  I toss them in the oven at ~250°F for an hour and a half or so.

WEAR GLOVES WHEN CUTTING THE PEPPERS!!

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:15:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Jalepno fail.

Habaneros FTMFW and after effects.

Use asbestos TP, I warned you.

Danny
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Recipe:
12 jalapenos
8oz cream cheese brick
2tsp paprika
1tsp cayenne pepper
1 package Little Smokies weiners
1 package thick cut bacon

Cut the tops off of the jalapenos and then slice them in half down the middle.  Core out the jalapenos using a spoon.  The more membrane left inside, the hotter.  You want to take out the seeds for sure.  Remember that the cream cheese will counteract the heat as well.  Then rinse the inside and outside with water and pat them dry with a paper towel.

Next, mix the cream cheese, paprika, and cayenne pepper in a bowl.  Should turn out an orangeish color.  Once that's done go ahead and cut 12 strips of bacon in half.  Fill the jalapeno halves with the cream cheese mix (use either a butter knife or a piping bag) then cover the cream cheese with a little smokey.  Then you're going to wrap each jalapeno in bacon and skewer it shut with a toothpick.

It's best to cook over a smoker but I can't have one of those at my apartment complex.  I toss them in the oven at ~250°F for an hour and a half or so.

WEAR GLOVES WHEN CUTTING THE PEPPERS!!

And don;t go rubbing your eyes or nose either; don't ask.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:20:25 PM EDT
[#10]
You do humanity a service by posting that recipe.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And don;t go rubbing your eyes or nose either; don't ask.

No rub the twig & berries either, trust me.

Danny
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:26:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:47:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:50:21 PM EDT
[#14]
They're still cooking but here are some pics...

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

snip

Thanks man! I know what I'm makiing next weekend to go with my Guy Fierri Red Rocker Chicken Sammiches
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh...SO tagged!!!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

snip

Thanks man! I know what I'm makiing next weekend to go with my Guy Fierri Red Rocker Chicken Sammiches
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 8:06:10 PM EDT
[#18]
So sad to see those in an oven.
They're made for the grill.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 8:29:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

So sad to see those in an oven.

They're made for the grill.

Definitely not made for the grill.  Smoker? Yeah.  Grill?  No.  Bacon fat = flareups = fuck me running!

I wish I could have a smoker but it's statutorily illegal to have a smoker in my city if you live in a "multi-family dwelling."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top