Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/9/2004 9:43:37 PM EST
The manager of the gun section was there, so I asked him "What he was going to be selling normal Glock mags for once the ban goes away?"

He looked at me like someone had killed his pet kitten.

Then he asked "What's wrong with the Glock mags I have right here. The are brand new and the price is my cost."

He has 10 round Glock 23 mags priced at $34 each.

I told him "Not those fucked up mags, I want the price on "high capacity" or normal mags."

He told me "Hell, I can't sell them until after the first of the year, that's when the ban goes away."

Now I looked at him like he was ass-fucking his pet kitten.

"The ban expires at 0001 on the 14th of this month."

Then I asked him "Did you at least preorder any Glock mags?"

His response? "No, why should I?"

I had to leave after that.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:45:16 PM EST
putz
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:47:02 PM EST
I won't buy anything from any gunshop in my area. They are all full of shit. They give guns a worse name than the pyschos that missuse them
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:47:52 PM EST
Damn sounds like some places here. One told me thay would have some and also betamags but their prices are abit more then I care for.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:49:56 PM EST
Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can order some SIG mags that aren't $40?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:51:07 PM EST
I may have mentioned this before, but, we have a gunshow here this weekend. I truly cannot wait to walk in there and see these assholes either refusing to admit the ban is sunsetting or trying to squeeze the last bit of money out of the F ed over crap that they peddle. I will laugh at these guys selling $150 preban mags that will cost $25 bucks Monday morning. I can hear it now "oh...but, but...these are preban".
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:53:27 PM EST

Originally Posted By USCGflyer:
I may have mentioned this before, but, we have a gunshow here this weekend. I truly cannot wait to walk in there and see these assholes either refusing to admit the ban is sunsetting or trying to squeeze the last bit of money out of the F ed over crap that they peddle. I will laugh at these guys selling $150 preban mags that will cost $25 bucks Monday morning. I can hear it now "oh...but, but...these are preban".

Going to one here too, Im wondering what I will see.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:56:35 PM EST
I'm almost tempted to go in to Sportsman's Warehouse and ask those guys questions just to fuck with them. The ones at my local store are a bunch of redneck hunters (not necessarily a bad thing) but know dick about most handguns or handgun issues. These are the same geniuses that told me "we don't sell Law Enforcement stuffs" when I asked if they had a HK P2000 with the LEM trigger. Morons.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:57:11 PM EST
Thins is though, the prices wont drop right when the ban sunsets. It will drop a bit in some places but I think it will stay flat for awhile while everyone rushes to buy what they can while they can in fear of another ban.
The question we should be asking is WHEN the prices will subside. That and when will Walmart be carrying highcap 10/22 mags!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:57:32 PM EST

Originally Posted By jblachly:

Good luck man.. SIG mags were always more expensive, and I've heard SIG has a no-compete with MecGar, so you can't get cheaper unbranded ones.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:01:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/9/2004 10:02:05 PM EST by repub18]

Originally Posted By KA3B:
The manager of the gun section was there, so I asked him "What he was going to be selling normal Glock mags for once the ban goes away?"

He looked at me like someone had killed his pet kitten.

Then he asked "What's wrong with the Glock mags I have right here. The are brand new and the price is my cost."

He has 10 round Glock 23 mags priced at $34 each.

I told him "Not those fucked up mags, I want the price on "high capacity" or normal mags."

He told me "Hell, I can't sell them until after the first of the year, that's when the ban goes away."

"The ban expires at 0001 on the 14th of this month."

Then I asked him "Did you at least preorder any Glock mags?"

His response? "No, why should I?"

I had to leave after that.

this is why I do most of my shopping on the internet, and BTW the ban expires on Midnight monday the 13
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:04:59 PM EST

LMFAO...

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:06:48 PM EST
That's OK, his ignorance will cost him business in the end. Hell, it may get so bad that you'll get a really great deal when he has his "going out of business" sale!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:08:38 PM EST
Midnight on the 13th is 0001 on the 14th.

Originally Posted By repub18:
BTW the ban expires on Midnight monday the 13

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:13:34 PM EST

Midnight on the 13th is 0001 on the 14th.

BTW the ban expires on Midnight monday the 13

Um no, two hours ago it was midnight here in AR and its FRI now not SAT
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:13:38 PM EST
Once at a gunshow, I asked a dealer at a table if he had any Glock high cap mags.
He said sure do!
He handed me an LEO mag.
I just put it down on the table and walked away.
Oh, and he wanted $79 bucks for it.
I sooo wanted to call ATF.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:13:50 PM EST

this is why I do most of my shopping on the internet, and BTW the ban expires on Midnight monday the 13

I can't remember the last thing I bought at a gun store or at a gun show. I buy everything online. Actually, I did buy my HK93 from the dealer that I had been doing my FFL transfers through and that's only because of seeing it time and time again while picking up toys I bought online, he finally made me an offer I couldn't refuse and even threw in a few extras. He knows that I can find better prices than he has and I've actually found a couple of deals for him to buy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:15:11 PM EST
Ever been in the military?

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:15:33 PM EST

Originally Posted By ARDunstan:
Once at a gunshow, I asked a dealer at a table if he had any Glock high cap mags.
He said sure do!
He handed me an LEO mag.

why the hell would you have called the ATF????
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:18:45 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/9/2004 10:19:04 PM EST by repub18]

Ever been in the military?

here ya go and what would being in the military have to do with it, the damn thing expires on the first minute of Sept 13 not the 14th.

www.mikecaswell.com/AWBcountdown.swf
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:21:39 PM EST

He said sure do!
He handed me an LEO mag.

Ok, you tell me why I shouldn't have.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:23:25 PM EST
You're right, Sept 13th, not the 14th.

here ya go and what would being in the military have to do with it, the damn thing expires on the first minute of Sept 13 not the 14th.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:24:33 PM EST

He said sure do!
He handed me an LEO mag.

I shouldnt have to tell you why
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:24:54 PM EST
Yes, I want to know.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:25:55 PM EST

You're right, Sept 13th, not the 14th.

just trying to help you out so you can modify them weapons ASAP
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:28:11 PM EST

Yes, I want to know.

Just because the LEO mag is illegal to sell it doesnt mean you have to go tattle tell on a fellow gun owner to the damn ATF for a law that is unconstitutional to begin with.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:32:50 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:35:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By David_Hineline:
The first of the year comment is because Congress has untill the new congress takes over after the elections to finish up on any legislation that was pending durring thier session that they did not get around to, after that totally new legislation must be started. So any time before the first of the year they can re-up the crime bill and make it re-troactive back to the expiration date which would then ban all the post ban guns and magazines that were sold legally durring that short time.

No one wants to hear this, they would just rather do the hampster dance because they are over trusting in thier elected officials.

they would have a difficult time enforcing that law
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:36:20 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:37:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/9/2004 10:43:32 PM EST by repub18]

The first of the year comment is because Congress has untill the new congress takes over after the elections to finish up on any legislation that was pending durring thier session that they did not get around to, after that totally new legislation must be started. So any time before the first of the year they can re-up the crime bill and make it re-troactive back to the expiration date which would then ban all the post ban guns and magazines that were sold legally durring that short time.

No one wants to hear this, they would just rather do the hampster dance because they are over trusting in thier elected officials.

and I dont think that applies to legistlation that has a automatic repeal date, therefore the AWB was not pending during this time.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:37:44 PM EST

Yes, I want to know.

Just because the LEO mag is illegal to sell it doesnt mean you have to go tattle tell on a fellow gun owner to the damn ATF for a law that is unconstitutional to begin with.

"Fellow" gun owner??? Some fucking asshat who tried to rip me off because he thought he had
an easy mark?
Yea I can clearly see he was a good guy for charging me $79 fucking dollars
for a magazine that cost $19 back then. I mean he could have asked for $120
which was the going rate for a Glock 21 mag back then. He sure gave me a nice break, alright...
Should I mention that he was the one committing a felony and tried to get ME to commit one too???
How old are you???
Tattle tell my ass. Fuck him and his fucking ripoff FFL.
You're a riot.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:38:18 PM EST

Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:

Yes, I want to know.

I would never actually call the ATF on them over it but i understand the sentiment. The dealer was trying to sell a LEO mag to him (that the dealer probably paid about twenty bucks for), which is a crime itself, then tried to get a huge "preban" premium for it, as if a high cap LEO mag is somehow worth $79 bucks.

yeah I know but calling the ATF would have been out of line
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:38:38 PM EST

No offense, but I'll take Tom Delay and Bill Frist's on-the-record statements over your suppositions.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:42:03 PM EST

Yes, I want to know.

"Fellow" gun owner??? Some fucking asshat who tried to rip me off because he thought he had
an easy mark?
which was the going rate for a Glock 21 mag back then. He sure gave me a nice break, alright...
Should I mention that he was the one committing a felony and tried to get ME to commit one too???
How old are you???
You're a riot.

allright dude calm down, all I was pointing out that calling the ATF is stupid, I agree the guy is a asshat trying to rip you off but we should leave the ATF out as much as possible
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:43:57 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/9/2004 10:44:26 PM EST by repub18]

and I dont think that applies to legistlation that has a automatic repeal date, therefore the AWB was not pending during this time.

any thoughts David???
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:34:45 AM EST

Yes, I want to know.

an easy mark?
How old are you???
You're a riot.

EASY there hotrod. If you thought he was ripping you off, the thing to do is grab your sack and tell him to his face, not be a pussy about it and later ruminate about how you should be a rat sycophant to the ATF. What a weasel.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:17:20 AM EST
Stuff won't be cheap for a while, as there will be a surge of demand after next week. Once supply catches up, then they'll get cheap again.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:43:17 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/10/2004 3:44:47 AM EST by Fast351]

www.precisionsights.com/

ACT/Novak mags. VERY good magazines, better than the factory sig mags. Lots of people on sigforum.com swear by them, I have three and they work great. If you shop around you can find them for $20:

www.copesdist.com/sigsauer.htm

ETA: sorry, it looks like P220 mags only. Doesn't show anything for other Sigs.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:56:25 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/10/2004 3:57:42 AM EST by NYPatriot]
David_Hineline...

The first of the year comment is because Congress has until the new congress takes over after the elections to finish up on any legislation that was pending during their session that they did not get around to, after that totally new legislation must be started. So any time before the first of the year they can re-up the crime bill and make it re-troactive back to the expiration date which would then ban all the post ban guns and magazines that were sold legally during that short time.

David, "no one wants to hear this" because it is just not true. Where the heck are you getting your info???

When the AWB expires, the law is gone, dead, non-existent. Congress just can't go back & retroactively change a clause in the wording, because there is no more clause, there is no more wording, & there is no more law to change!

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:59:32 AM EST

He said sure do!
He handed me an LEO mag.

I shouldnt have to tell you why

Because this dude was just ignorant so why do you want to fuck up his whole business. When the atf gets their toes in the door they will tear him a new one even if they have to go out of their way. Cuss him out or whip his ass but dont rat the fucker over a mag.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:02:54 AM EST

Originally Posted By TexasRooter:
Because this dude was just ignorant so why do you want to fuck up his whole business. When the atf gets their toes in the door they will tear him a new one even if they have to go out of their way. Cuss him out or whip his ass but dont rat the fucker over a mag.

You should've just mentioned to him that it's a federal crime for him to sell you that mag...then walk away...make him sweat a little...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:08:00 AM EST
Just preorder yours from TopGlock or Fourfourmagstore like everyone else. You cant expect a stocking gun dealer to actually be well informed. it's against their nature.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:11:16 AM EST
One of the reasons why most dealers (other than the real dumbasses) will not lower prices on high cap mags, etc. is that most of the nimrods who come into their store are not as up to date as the guys here on arfcom. I bet for about every 10 guys who walk in, only about 2-4 of them know exactly what the AWB is and when it actually sunsets. That may even be a generous number. All they have to do is to hook one of those suckers and they make out like a bandit. I mean how many times have you been in a gunstore and heard the line of bullshit some of these dealers spit out and is believed by the masses?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:12:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By TimJ:
Stuff won't be cheap for a while, as there will be a surge of demand after next week. Once supply catches up, then they'll get cheap again.

Most of the mags available initially will still be marked LEO/Govt only. It will take awhile to get the new unmarked mags into circulation. TopGlock has already got the preorders boxed up, ready to ship out the 14th.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:19:59 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/10/2004 4:23:41 AM EST by RAVYN]
Originally Posted By PeteCO:

an easy mark?
How old are you???
You're a riot.

EASY there hotrod. If you thought he was ripping you off, the thing to do is grab your sack and tell him to his face, not be a pussy about it and later ruminate about how you should be a rat sycophant to the ATF. What a weasel.

Fuckin eh right...fuckin stoolie...bitch slap him yourself you pussy!
I'm gonna call the cops......asshole.

edited to fix quote
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:07:00 AM EST

SIG mags were $35 (minimum) before the ban. $45 is a good deal, considering the current prices. I have 12 hi-cap P226 mags, but only two hi-cap P229 mags. Gonna stock up, [Dick Cheney]big time[/Dick Cheney].
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:19:20 AM EST
WHAT A FUCKTARD!!! There is a gun shop about 6 or 7 miles from where I live. THEY ARE TOTAL ASS HATS!!! They have a good selection and prices are pretty good but I will not do business with them because everytime I go in there they act like I'm a burden to them! I have'nt been in there for about 2 years. Makes me mad thinking about them! Ok , I'm done. take care!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:26:42 AM EST
HA!

He's going to end up selling his 10-rounders here in Cali or New Jersistan.

Any gun dealer who doesn't keep tuned in to the law is a complete rube.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:29:18 AM EST
Many dealers with a sizeable inventory will have a problem. It's like the last guy who purchased a Mitchell Arms 59/66 Yugo for $1,000. They will refuse or be reluctant to admit that they have been left holding the bag based on supply.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:36:35 AM EST
I wanted to give the local guy an opportunity to get my busisness.
Top Glock got it instead.

Originally Posted By AR15fan:
Just preorder yours from TopGlock or Fourfourmagstore like everyone else. You cant expect a stocking gun dealer to actually be well informed. it's against their nature.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:37:26 AM EST

$34!

You can buy 10 round Glock 23 mags for $22 all day long. This guy says it's his cost? I would NEVER deal with that lying POS.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top