Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/13/2005 1:02:15 PM EDT
Went in looking for some ammo (the guy will sometimes have a deal on bulk milspec ammo). To be honest I hate the guy but if he has a deal I will jump on it. There was this poor guy at the counter looking for a handgun. The gun shop owner pulls out this Kimber Compact and says "This is a . 40 Smith and Wesson and will drop a man with one shot easy." The guy said "Wow! Thats what I want I will take it!" Now don't get me wrong it was a sweet looking 1911 but still, someone new to handguns shouldn't be getting a 1911-IMHO. The shop owner looks at me and says "So what do you want?" I asked him if he had any bulk .223 or mil-spec ammo in bulk. So he shuffles over to a corner and shows me a pallet of Wolf. I don't like Wolf so I asked if he had any thing else. He then suffles over and points to a case of Lake City pull-downs and said ok that is what you probably want. Well, I don't like buying pull-downs either so the guy goes "Damn you are one picky person, just what the hell do you want?!" I said "Well something that isn't steel cased and something that isn't a factory reject" So then he shows me .223 PLASTIC cased rounds So after I told him that I didn't like those either I told him that I was there 2 months ago and purchased a case of Federal AE for $180. He said "I have never sold those by the case." I scratched my head and said "Yeah you did" he said "No I didn't". Finding myself in a no win situation I just thanked the asshole for his time and left.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:05:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:06:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:07:37 PM EDT
what shop was that? so i know not to go there.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:14:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By VTHOKIESHOOTER:
So after I told him that I didn't like those either I told him that I was there 2 months ago and purchased a case of Federal AE for $180. He said "I have never sold those by the case." I scratched my head and said "Yeah you did" he said "No I didn't". Finding myself in a no win situation I just thanked the asshole for his time and left.

Any person that argues with the customer is deserving of going out of business.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:16:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By VA-gunnut:
So what's wrong with Wolf?

­

<­BR>

I just can't get myself to shoot it. Kind of like having sex with the ugly girl in school. It is cheap and it is easy but in the long run you know there is something better out there.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:34:31 PM EDT
I went to the fun store too. The manager said emphatically that CCI primers feed well in a Dillon press. Even Dillon says to avoid CCI.

On the bright side, I did play with a stainless Sig 220 and bought a pound of 231powder.

I will be mail ordering my reloading supplies from now on. What a ripoff.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:13:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:31:31 PM EDT
Why is it that AR shooters in general dislike wolf, and AK/sks shooters in general love it?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:35:08 PM EDT
cause AK's aren't that accurate to start with? I use wolf thru my AR for short range shooting.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:37:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dusty_C:
Why is it that AR shooters in general dislike wolf, and AK/sks shooters in general love it?

Because Wolf is made for AKs and not ARs.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:38:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By VTHOKIESHOOTER:

So what's wrong with Wolf?

I just can't get myself to shoot it. Kind of like having sex with the ugly girl in school. It is cheap and it is easy but in the long run you know there is something better out there.

Yeah, but at least you are blowing your load while waiting to use the better girl.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:39:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By glimmerman68:

Originally Posted By Dusty_C:

Because Wolf is made for AKs and not ARs.

Yep, if I had a commie rifle I would shoot the shit out of wolf.

Note to self:Need to buy a commie rifle.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:41:13 PM EDT
Sounds like a typical gun store experience.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:42:13 PM EDT
I smell another "Most ridiculous experience in a gunshop" thread in the air.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:45:46 PM EDT
Wolf is pretty much the only thing I shoot out of my AR. Good stuff, IMO. Never had a failure (only used the polymer coated stuff), and I can easily hit a soda can at 100 yards with it. Accurate enough for me.

Went 700 rounds without cleaning and the gun still shot fine.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:49:10 PM EDT
Shop owners like this piss me off. I don't give them a dime and advise others to do the same. The Gun Room in Portland is classic example of bad service and bad advice.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:53:07 PM EDT
That guy sounds like your typical gun store owner. That's why I avoid them if possible. Oh, and thanks for the reminder to buy some more Wolf for my AR.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:53:54 PM EDT
I like the Wolf for its price, no failures whatsoever, but hate it for its excessive residue.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:58:39 PM EDT
Top Top