Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2011 11:04:53 PM EDT

And of course being the poseur douche he is, you gotta have some artificial patriotic bravado throw in

And I see this:

Someone needs their ass kicked.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 11:09:19 PM EDT
[#1]
"Singer" sucks, song sucks, video sucks, fake Marines suck.  Does that adequately cover it?
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 11:13:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
"Singer" sucks, song sucks, video sucks, fake Marines suck.  Does that adequately cover it?

Maybe. I have no problem with the song, I'm over some 'tard in a cowboy hat and two pierced ears being on TV. Marines showing up at the door for a death notification wasn't relevant to the lyrics but I could go with that. The obvious Crossman pellet guns crosses a line though. I guess having Marines with Blackhawks hovering in the background on US soil shoud've been my first clue.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 11:20:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I've always not liked this douche.  Granted he's a much richer douche than I but still...

So much fail.  A buck private will NEVER be knocking on a door to make a death notification.

Ass.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 2:13:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 2:19:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Several years ago, I was standing on the sideline at The Pro Football Hall of Fame game, in Canton, Ohio. A Navy honor guard came out and was staged right next to me. They were recruiters from the local recruiting station (I spoke to them briefly). They were armed with Lee-Enfield No.4's
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 3:38:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Love the way the hat fits the guy on the far right.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 4:01:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This, plus not enough slow-mo in the video.  You need a lot more slow-mo to have a real dramatic impact.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 8:22:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've always not liked this douche.  Granted he's a much richer douche than I but still...

So much fail.  A buck private will NEVER be knocking on a door to make a death notification.

Ass.

Oh yeah, that occurred to me as well. I guess they didn't bother even having a smarter than average civilian technical adviser.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Nobody noticed the non-posi burnout? (left tire not spinning)
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Singer" sucks, song sucks, video sucks, fake Marines suck. Does that adequately cover it?

This, plus not enough cow bell in the video. You need a lot more cow bell to have a real dramatic impact.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 12:54:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ass.

Actually the kid at the door is a Private First Class (PFC), not a "buck private". But 401 Jeeper is still correct, death notices are made by someone a little higher up the COC.

Yeah and phony Marines suck.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 12:55:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Love the way the hat fits the guy on the far right.

I love how the guy in the middle is actually aiming at something.  

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#13]
We don't do CACOs in blues you fucktards
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#14]
The obvious Crossman pellet guns crosses a line though.

Actually, Daisy Model 880.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:33:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ass.

Actually the kid at the door is a Private First Class (PFC) Lance Corporal , not a "buck private". But 401 Jeeper is still correct, death notices are made by someone a little higher up the COC.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Do not click, just boosts u-toob views juice
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:43:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Several years ago, I was standing on the sideline at The Pro Football Hall of Fame game, in Canton, Ohio. A Navy honor guard came out and was staged right next to me. They were recruiters from the local recruiting station (I spoke to them briefly). They were armed with Lee-Enfield No.4's

Admiral Patton called it the greatest shooting battle implement EVAR!

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 2:04:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Honor Guard did a shitty job of folding the flag, white and grommet showing  

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ass.

Actually the kid at the door is a Private First Class (PFC) Lance Corporal , not a "buck private". But 401 Jeeper is still correct, death notices are made by someone a little higher up the COC.

thanks

yup LCPL

and that's one hell of a fucked up video - you're trying to tell me he couldn't get a Marine Corps honor guard - and an officer to knock on the door

bulllllshit
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 3:38:46 PM EDT
[#20]
"Country's changed because of monsters like Clear Channel who bought up all the stations and sliced them up into formats. Our demographic is now the soccer mom.
Willie, Waylon, they didn't give a fuck about soccer moms, and I don't either." - Roger Alan Wade.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:55:23 AM EDT
[#21]
why oh why am I in a pissing match in youtube comments....

shoot me now......... jeeeeze

• Those are not BB Guns in the video. they are small caliber rifles modified to take blank rounds... there is no BB gun that ever has, or ever will have a muzzle flash... they look like BB guns because they are for ceremonial purposes...

spoof1234 1 day ago

• @spoof1234 done a few funeral details I guess huh? Those are BB guns....... unless CGI hasn't been invented yet.

loreelgas 1 day ago

• @loreelgas Being an Eagle Scout, and a son of a Vietnam Vet, Yes i do know the difference between a .22 which is used in the video, and a BB Gun, since i have shot both. It doesnt make sense to CGI a muzzle flash from a BB gun. pause the video at 3:00, and tell me that it is a BB gun. it may LOOK like a BB gun because it is a solid color, but that is only because it is a CEREMONIAL gun. It is made to shoot BLANKS. I have done my research. DO YOURS

spoof1234 19 minutes ago

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:06:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

• Those are not BB Guns in the video. they are small caliber rifles modified to take blank rounds... there is no BB gun that ever has, or ever will have a muzzle flash... they look like BB guns because they are for ceremonial purposes...

spoof1234 1 day ago
  • @spoof1234 done a few funeral details I guess huh? Those are BB guns....... unless CGI hasn't been invented yet.

loreelgas 1 day ago
  • @loreelgas Being an Eagle Scout, and a son of a Vietnam Vet, Yes i do know the difference between a .22 which is used in the video, and a BB Gun, since i have shot both. It doesnt make sense to CGI a muzzle flash from a BB gun. pause the video at 3:00, and tell me that it is a BB gun. it may LOOK like a BB gun because it is a solid color, but that is only because it is a CEREMONIAL gun. It is made to shoot BLANKS. I have done my research. DO YOURS

spoof1234 19 minutes ago

I don't know what's more funny. That abortion of a video or you fighting with some douchebag youtuber.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:07:15 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

spoof1234 1 day ago

loreelgas 1 day ago

spoof1234 19 minutes ago

I don't know what's more funny. That abortion of a video or you fighting with some douchebag youtuber.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:15:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Someone already called it.  Daisy 880:

I shot a ton of varmints with it when I was a kid.

Eric  
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:23:07 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

spoof1234 1 day ago

loreelgas 1 day ago

spoof1234 19 minutes ago

The bb guns are Daisy 880s, ask him what model .22 he has like that.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:27:38 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The bb guns are Daisy 880s, ask him what model .22 he has like that.

It's probably a .22 caliber pellet gun.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:28:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
and that's one hell of a fucked up video - you're trying to tell me he couldn't get a Marine Corps honor guard - and an officer to knock on the door

An officer isn't required, minimum is SNCO of equal or higher rank than the casualty.

And the knock would be made in the Alpha service uniform:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniforms_of_the_United_States_Marine_Corps#Service_uniform

Just in case Mr. Aldean cares...
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:30:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Yup, a model 880, painted black:

Daisy 880
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:31:05 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

An officer isn't required, minimum is SNCO of equal or higher rank than the casualty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniforms_of_the_United_States_Marine_Corps#Service_uniform

hmmm

I was almost certain that it was an officer that had to do the notification - I could be wrong.... I'm glad I've never had to do that

it may have just become "always an officer" even though it's not required

and yes, they'd be in Alphas - the funeral would be in Blues (dress blue Bravos)
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:35:56 AM EDT
[#30]
man, wtf? i don't understand the hate, at least it ain't green day doing american idiot!

yes, the marine aspect was done badly but isn't his heart in the right place?

man, i'll never get used to cowboys with earrings. or guys with double earrings period.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:42:44 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hmmm

I was almost certain that it was an officer that had to do the notification - I could be wrong.... I'm glad I've never had to do that

and yes, they'd be in Alphas - the funeral would be in Blues (dress blue Bravos)

I thought it had to be an O too, but I was wrong. Here's the MCO:

3040.4E Ch 4

3. When tasked, Marine Corps activities will assign a CACO to provide

notification and/or assistance. The following requirements apply:

a. Assign only a staff noncommissioned officer (SNCO), warrant, or

commissioned officer. When possible, the CACO should be of equal or higher

grade than the casualty.

b. Selection of the CACO is at the discretion of the commander and

should be made from Marines under his/her administrative control. Although

any SNCO or officer on active duty is considered eligible for assignment,

the CACO assigned should:

ETA- Of course a LCpl doing it is still fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:44:36 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

man, wtf? i don't understand the hate, at least it ain't green day doing american idiot!

man, i'll never get used to cowboys with earrings. or guys with double earrings period.

It's because they're fucking lazy. If they wanted to do it right all they had to do was ask. Marines look at this shit like publicity, I would wager any command- to include a local reservist station would have helped with the authenticity, or possibly even given up real Marines for the shoot.

ETA- At the very least 10 minutes on Google would have shown them they were all fucked up...
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:49:18 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hmmm

3040.4E Ch 4

grade than the casualty.

something new.... sweet

thanks guys
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It has absolutely nothing to do with the song. It was just thrown in there because...because...it's trendy these days I guess. Not only that, they sloppily threw it together showing a huge lack of respect for the whole process and ceremony and sacrifice. It's pathetic.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:56:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It has absolutely nothing to do with the song. It was just thrown in there because...because...it's trendy these days I guess. Not only that, they sloppily threw it together showing a huge lack of respect for the whole process and ceremony sacrifice. It's pathetic.

that's how I see it

lets put a "military family" on here - the guy gets killed

that'll drive up my views

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:00:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has absolutely nothing to do with the song. It was just thrown in there because...because...it's trendy these days I guess. Not only that, they sloppily threw it together showing a huge lack of respect for the whole process and ceremony and sacrifice. It's pathetic.

and insulting
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:01:10 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hmmm

3040.4E Ch 4

grade than the casualty.

something new.... sweet

thanks guys

Learn something new every day...
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:10:06 AM EDT
[#38]
OK, time to purge Aldean and his listed deficiencies from this thread...
At least the video matches a bit better to the song.

but this is a better "fan" video to the song.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:31:19 AM EDT
[#39]
He lost my attention when he fucked up Dirt Road Anthem....... Brantley Gilbert is where it's at.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top