Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2009 7:18:15 PM EDT
So I was hunting out in the brush on my cousins land with their consent, I get up in my stand and start waiting, and this demonic squirrel starts threatingly squeaking at me like he was saying get off my land or something...
This continues for 3 hours then that stupid demonic squirrel leaves thank goodness.

THEN I had seen some orange coming through where I hunt, I come to find out it was one of my cousins younglings around 13-14ish years old.
He could not wait in his stand (Its the best placed stand within 5 miles easy...) for even a hour, and he preceded to get down and go trudging around the woods for about 3 hours (he isn't exactly light on his feet...) and scared all the deer away

So all I got from the weekend was no sleep for two and a half days, 3 hours of my life I will never get back from that demonic squirrel, and I only saw a doe.

Meanwhile my grand father about 3/4 of a mile away from me saw 6 deer 5 does and a decent 6 point buck.

Lessons learned:1. Coordinate with my youngling cousin and make sure I hunt when he doesn't...
2. I hate demonic squirrels....
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#1]
My buddy got pissed off at a squirrel one time and shot it with his bow.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:23:56 PM EDT
[#2]
lmao, i havent seen shit to shoot for 3 years.  I agree the squirrel assholes are a pain, act like they run the forest.  Generally, I am just happy to be hunting.  

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#3]
squirrels are the spawn of satan.  I hate those damned things.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My buddy got pissed off at a squirrel one time and shot it with his bow.

I carry a half dozen blunts or judos and a few aluminum arrows specifically for this.  you get a squirrel chattering at you incessantly,  you will NEVER kill a deer. they listen to that stuff.  Or you need to camo up and go totally motionless until they forget you and go away.

I'll usually drill them though. It usually wrecks the arrow but it's worth it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:27:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to believe that if I saw squirrels, I would not see deer.  That all changed a couple of years ago, '05 I think, when I started seeing them simultaneously.  What I really hate to see and hear are the damned crows.  Those loud bastards never shut up.

Wes
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#6]
My Dad used to take a .22 rifle for the squirrels...

You should get a suppressed Walther P22...

- Cllint
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:30:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Bluejays and crows are the worst.

Squirrels sometimes help me pass the time on the stand watching them run around .
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:30:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I got pissed off and shot a cat with my slug gun one year. The cat looked something like this:

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:31:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I watched a red tailed hawk take out a noisy squirrel today and proceed to devour him.  Maybe you should make friends with the hawks.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:32:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Kill the squirrel.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:39:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Shoot squirrel, shoot youngling, climb back in stand.  What's the problem?

J/K

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:40:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quit bitching, you're lucky to be hunting, on private property to boot, I had to work today.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:46:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
squirrels are the spawn of satan.  I hate those damned things.

Next to cats.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I got pissed off and shot a cat with my slug gun one year. The cat looked something like this:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b26169e2010536f7cc2a970c-800wi

That is clearly not a cat... This is a cat...

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:50:19 PM EDT
[#15]
my dad wont hunt with my uncle anymore b/c hes almost shot him twice. apparently he gets bored and wanders around as well. and my dad would hear rustling see the bushes move, get ready take off the safety and out walks my uncle.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
my dad wont hunt with my uncle anymore b/c hes almost shot him twice. apparently he gets bored and wanders around as well. and my dad would hear rustling see the bushes move, get ready take off the safety and out walks my uncle.

Yeah basicly same thing here. Im gonna start hunting on my buddies land he has a great stand about 4 miles north of my cousins.

Im gonna take up squirrel hunting too I think.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Carry a suppressed .22lr. It works nicely for evil tree rats.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:50:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Carry a suppressed .22lr. It works nicely for evil tree rats.

lets say game warden stops you...how long are you going to prison for having a suppressed .22 while/for hunting? and you will never own guns again...legally...

I ask because I have wanted to carry my .22 suppressed out while hunting, but im am not going to risk prison and my gun rights to take out a stupid rodent..what about a blowgun?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#19]
So carry an air rifle with you just for the McSquizzy Clan.

CJ

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top