Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 3:21:04 PM EDT
Then I thought .......

County Property taxes due on house........
Insurance due on house...........
Registration renewals due on two automobiles.......
6 months of insurance premiums due on two automoblies...........
Denver Broncos Season Tickets payment due next month.........
Water bill due later this month.............
Electrical/ gas bill should arive in the mail any day now...........
Need to put gas in both cars, both near empty..........
Need to go grocery shopping, fridge is near bare.......
Going to Vegas in April...........

Unfortunately, I didnt impulse buy the rifle but with a list like that with only a few minutes thought I should have..
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Thinking is overrated.  If you had just gone ahead and did it, you would have had plenty of time to think about the consequences of a new rifle.

Unfortuneately, I am in the same boat.  I remember in college I would spend a years worth of savings on one rifle... now I can't spare a dollar for a any gun.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:24:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Thinking is overrated.  If you had just gone ahead and did it, you would have had plenty of time to think about the consequences of a new rifle.

+.9bar
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:24:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I can see myself slowly moving further and further away from being able to use the phrase "I work now so I can spend all my money.  I have my whole life ahead of me to save!"
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#4]
It all depends on what the rifle is.

<---------------------------------------------------------
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Unfortuneately, I am in the same boat.  I remember in college I would spend a years worth of savings on one rifle... now I can't spare a dollar for a any gun.  

I'm in college and saved for a year for just the scope (TA11e ACOG).  It was worth it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm in college and saved for a year for just the scope (TA11e ACOG).  It was worth it.

I was so poor then I could only afford cheap beer, I am so rich now I can't buy a rifle.  DAMMIT!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:10:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Then I thought .......

County Property taxes due on house........
Insurance due on house...........
Registration renewals due on two automobiles.......
6 months of insurance premiums due on two automoblies...........
Denver Broncos Season Tickets payment due next month.........
Water bill due later this month.............
Electrical/ gas bill should arive in the mail any day now...........
Need to put gas in both cars, both near empty..........
Need to go grocery shopping, fridge is near bare.......
Going to Vegas in April...........

Unfortunately, I didnt impulse buy the rifle but with a list like that with only a few minutes thought I should have..

Your priorities....
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:16:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Your Priorities?? Truth be told buying the rifle wouldnt have been a financial concern.

This was more of an excercise in realizing I made an educated adult decision and did not impulse buy something I could not justify the expense for.

I would say my priorities are fairly well in line,

The season tickets will be half paid for by other relatives and if I dont use some of the games I can sell the tickets easily.

I havent been to Vegas in years, and I have saved accordingly for the trip.

Now if you mean my priorities are messed up because I would have season tickets and a trip to Vegas instead of purchasing the rifle I may agree.  I guess we will see if Im broke after Vegas.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:33:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in college and have spent all the money I have saved on guns and I don't regret it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top