Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 8:07:58 AM EDT
and I saw an enormous hog, dead on the side of the road.  This thing was massive.  It was the most interesting thing to happen to me in about six months.

I once saw a live, much smaller pig rooting through someone's garbage cans on the curb during a drive in to work.  This was in roughly the same area.

Anyone else have any interesting stories about their daily commute?  Not necessarily involving roadkill, but its all good.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:14:57 AM EDT
[#1]
where are you from.   I hate it when it doesn't say what state
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:19:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw a leg lamp in a window of a house the other day, like the one in "A Christmas Story"
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:25:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Try riding a motorcycle in stop-and-go traffic.  You find all kinds of interesting crap on the side of the road.  You wouldn't believe the number of tools I have stopped to pick up.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:26:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Doing hurricane Katrina relief in MS, I went running one evening after shift.

I had to stop dead in my tracks becasue a family of hogs came out of the woods in front of me.

Thinking the better of it, I turned around, only to see another family of hogs coming out of the woods behind me.

I decided if I went running again it would be with my shotgun and, slugs at port arms after that.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:32:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Gas.

2.03/gal
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:36:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Try riding a motorcycle in stop-and-go traffic.  You find all kinds of interesting crap on the side of the road.  You wouldn't believe the number of tools I have stopped to pick up.

Any handguns?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:39:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Gas.

2.03/gal

Your getting off easy...
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:17:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Gas.

2.03/gal

Your getting off easy...

Exactly.  It has been so long since I saw a price that low I nearly crashed staring at it....
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Today I watched 2 racoons fight in the back yard..
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:53:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Last year I was driving to work at about 7 AM, and not through a nice neighborhood.  A hooker weighing roughly 300 lbs pulled her shirt up and slarted slapping her tits together.  I almost hit a lightpost, and I still have nightmares.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:03:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw an old Oldsmobile with a moman driving and a black man in the back set acting like he dropped a lit cigarette and scambling or bucking to put out a fire.

A few seconds later another female popped up from the floor in the back seat.

A twist on the "Meals to go" program I guess.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:15:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Last thursday I was driving home from work and the MN state patrol had the bridge closed.  I stopped to ask if both bridges were closed and he got on his speaker and said "do you want to go to jail?  don't stop there, what are you stupid?".   Nice guy.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Not a work commute but check this out. I was riding with a freind in serious slow traffic. We were riding side by side when we pull alongside a 3/4 ton truck with a camper shell on it. We were about four feet away from the camper when a large male lion sticks his head out of the camper window. One minute I'm watching traffic the next minute I'm shitting myself. Weird thing is this lion was groovin like some kind of a dog putting his nose in the wind.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:19:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Last year I was driving to work at about 7 AM, and not through a nice neighborhood.  A hooker weighing roughly 300 lbs pulled her shirt up and slarted slapping her tits together.  I almost hit a lightpost, and I still have nightmares.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:23:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Not a work commute but check this out. I was riding with a freind in serious slow traffic. We were riding side by side when we pull alongside a 3/4 ton truck with a camper shell on it. We were about four feet away from the camper when a large male lion sticks his head out of the camper window. One minute I'm watching traffic the next minute I'm shitting myself. Weird thing is this lion was groovin like some kind of a dog putting his nose in the wind.

That's crazy.  One time I was at a rest stop and I walked past a car and there was like a small mountain lion walking around inside of it.  WTF?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm a truck driver.  I get to look down into your cars as you pass me and see what your doing.  Then I call the truck ahead of me and make sure they see it too.  

You would be amazed to know how many guys drive down the road wacking it.

Where they gonna point that thing when it goes off?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:26:39 PM EDT
[#17]

and I saw an enormous hog, dead on the side of the road. This thing was massive. It was the most interesting thing to happen to me in about six months.

You don't get out much do you?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:36:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Address please!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:52:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Two strange things I've seen on or side of the road.

First one was when I was driving to my aunt's house in Desoto City in central FL.  On the middle of the SR60 was a very large dead bull with huge horn lying on its side.  There were no other cars around so I pulled off to the side and checked it out.  It had no foul smell so it couldn't have died long ago and there were no signs of gun shot or blood.  There were no pieces of car or lights so it couln't have been hit by a car... not only that if it was hit by a car I'm sure the car would have been disabled.  It looked like it was crossing the road and then had a heart attack and dropped dead.

Second time was when I was driving to Disney World on the turnpike and around West palm Beach the traffic was stopped by the FHP due to wildfire ahead and on the side.  I pulled off to the side and got out of the car and started to walk to the woods on the side to take a piss when I noticed some noise and movments in the woods.  I took a closer look and there were 20+ wild hogs lying in the woods not more than 20 feet from the road.  Needless to say I jumped back in the car and started to look for an empty water bottle.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:31:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

and I saw an enormous hog, dead on the side of the road. This thing was massive. It was the most interesting thing to happen to me in about six months.

You don't get out much do you?

Not really.  This is an interesting thread so far.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I was driving home about a week ago after getting some racing shoes from a store in the next town over, and a guy rolled his car right in front of me. Im sitting there at a stop sign, and the car did about three complete rolls about five feet in front of my car. I almost shat myself on the spot. Stopped right behind me was a Cop who also witnessed it, and he waved me through as he called in the emergency guys. But jeeze, that scared the shit out of me.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:44:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Followed a car with a extra large Starbucks cup sitting on the rear bumper with a bagel beside it.  Never fell off even at highway speeds.

Wonder if the guy ever remembered where his breakfast was?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#23]
On a double-decker tour bus in Paris, of all places, I saw a guy "rubbing one out."  In my shock, I announced it to the whole bus.  I thought the bus would tip over.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:52:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Pulled up a light behind a motorcycle cop. To the left of the cop was a pickup with a canopy. The truck shook a bit, and monster Saint Bernard wearing ski goggles stuck his head out of truck (making it lean to the right) and looked real hard at the cop.

I could see the cop tense up, then he slowly looked to his left. He found himself nose to nose with a dog whose mouth was big enough to eat his head. The officer slowly looked straight ahead and left quickly when the light turned green.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#25]
I found a dildo on the side of a major 4 lane highway once.  Stopped to take some photos, was walking along not really watching where my feet were going.  Kicked something, thought it was a plastic bottle.  Nope, a nice big pink ribbed vibrator.  It was missing the battery cover.  And looked a little used.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#26]
I was driving in E FL one day when this Big-ass "commercial" fruit truck passes me up on the highway. Sure enough 2 car lengths ahead or so I see a young Mexican boy and girl pop their heads out of the back of the truck. I called the Sheriff's dept & relayed the mile marker, the truck full of potential illegals, and they hardly kept a "straight face" as they told me they'd look right into it.

I also had a streak (no pun intended) where for a week I could not go a day without seeing a naked black guy roaming the street. WTF was in the 40s that week was beyond me, but it was bizarre.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Driving to school many years ago, I  approach an intersection where the light is turning from yellow to red, so I stop. I notice a guy walking his dog at the cross-walk. The walk light came on and the dog took off, master in tow , right into the middle of the intersection where the dog sits down and hikes up a rear leg. Johnny on the spot master trotts up, bends down, gives the dog a quick hand job....and their back up and running......... ALL BEFORE THE LIGHT CHANGED ! ! ! ! ! !

(I have days that the thought pops into my mind and I have to stop and say....that really happened didn't it ! )

P.S.- Not another living sole in sight.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:49:30 PM EDT
[#28]
It was a clear day in Portland today and i saw Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Adams, and Mt. Hood all at once from the St. John's bridge.

For a moment I considered blowing off my client appointment and just heading straight for the mountains.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:00:31 PM EDT
[#29]
My scary driving story.

I was working at the firehouse a few weeks ago on a Sunday morning, the day after it snowed. We got a call for wires down, so me and a few people hop in the engine and take off. It  was still pretty crappy out, so I wasn't going balls to the wall. As im driving up a small hill, i see an s10 at the crest of the hill fishtailing wildly in the middle of the road. At about 20 yards from me, he swerves, goes off the road at an angle, goes up on 2 wheels, almost to the point of rolling over, and crashes back down.  Giant pucker factor.

I called dispatch and had them send a cop, and told the unit behind me to stop and check for injuries. There were none. And the guys who were in the car bailed out  before he got there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top