Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2006 7:20:18 PM EDT
First the only reason I heard about the meeting was that it was announced on the radio and they also announced the wrong location!

And the location has VERY poor parking! And it took somebody awhile post a note at the wrong location detailing the right location!

And finally the meeting was 2-4 in the afternoon while most taxpayers are at work!

What a totally screwed up way to have constituent meetings!  

Anyway the next post will go into detail about the change I proposed.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#1]
kEEP US UPDATED
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:25:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I was the first and only person there when I arrived. Good. I figured as much.

After talking about some other issues I brought up a proposed bill/issue for my senator to address.

This has to do with the defintion of antique firearm in the National Firearms Act (which I posted about yesterday I think). It was pointed out to me guns that use or can use fixed ammunition and made in or before 1898 (and certain replicas) are not subject to the GCA but subject to the NFA!

And not all muzzle loaders are excempt from the NFA but they are exempt from the GCA.

Kinda bugs me. (All Federal firearms laws bug me really) but any way here is what I submitted:

A BILL
To standardize the definition of ‘antique firearm’ between the Gun Control Act and the National Firearms Act.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
This Act may be cited as the `Antique Firearm Regulation Act of 2006’

SEC. 2. CONFORMING AMENDMENT

(a) Section 5845(g) of chapter 53 Title 26 United States Code is amended to read:
‘The term “antique firearm” has the same meaning as found in Section 921(a)(16) of Chapter 44 Title 18 United States Code and shall also include any muzzle loading firearm  that cannot fire fixed cartridge ammunition regardless of date of manufacture.

So he said he would send this to the people at the Washington DC office that deal in Second Amendment subjects and they would look at the bill for me and see if it needs to be introduced and passed.

Maybe I wasted my time on this, maybe I didn't.

Let me know. Thanks

CRC
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:54:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Updated with details of meeting
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Hey, you'll be on the short list of "people who have authored gun control legislation."

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:01:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Uhh... why? thats pretty minor, I would have done something like change the definition of an SBR from 16in bbl to 10in or something.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:08:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Um no it's not.

But hey we can disagree.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:10:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Upon further review my change would exempt a whole class of firearms from the NFA- any gun made in or before 1898.

That might sink it.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Upon further review my change would exempt a whole class of firearms from the NFA- any gun made in or before 1898.

Who the hell wants a Short-Barreled Muzzleloader?

Pretty goddamn pointless. Why not go for something more desireable? Like striking out entire parts of the NFA?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:14:56 AM EDT
[#9]
i am confused on exactly what this would do...
please explain.

thanks
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:23:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

OK, well that's good right?

I mean every little bit helps right?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, let's go buy us some pre-1898 suppressors, it'll be a hoot!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:28:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Politicians have NO INTEREST in what you or I want..........
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:10:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Change 1898 with 1948 and see what happens

Point is a mere date change can exempt whole classes of firearms-including machineguns- from the NFA
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who the hell wants a Short-Barreled Muzzleloader?

Pretty goddamn pointless. Why not go for something more desireable? Like striking out entire parts of the NFA?

Short barreled muzzle loading shotgun like a cut down CVA optima pro
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:14:19 AM EDT
[#15]
and here i was hoping for a push for national CCW, or, dare i dream- private ownership of new manufacture MG.... but alas....
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:14:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for doing that CRC. Tag.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:21:21 AM EDT
[#17]
well I see we all have our own personal bias as to what IS  important and relavent to todays modern society...I think CRC is just trying to get something going for when america is thrown back into the premodern era after the islamo fasists defeat our government without firing a shot.

good lookin out there CRC...im sure this will come in handy for millions of americans someday.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:21:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Well that's what I want changed and I did something about it.

What have you done for what you want
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:21:50 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
and here i was hoping for a push for national CCW, or, dare i dream- private ownership of new manufacture MG.... but alas....

But.....but....I'd rather have a 12" barreled CVA!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:33:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Well isn't this great. A bunch of people whinning why didn't you do this, why don't you do that, why don't you do something that means something.  Well where let's see your proposed legislation.  Come on where is it.  Obviously you can more to show than CRC does the way you are dogging him for actually trying to improve our gun rights.  Oh, what's that you're too lazy too even call or write your legislators much less actually come up with some legislation....I thought so.  So until you guys out do CRC by actually accomplishing something even remote close as submitting proposed legislation to your Senator STFU!  I bet you guys are the same people that demand the "cliff notes" version of legislation that is posted here because you don't understand yet.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:43:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks Swire!

Phone calls and letters can be done by anyone.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:44:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Did the rep seem interested or bored? I'd imagine everyone and their mother harasses these guys for action on their own pet issue.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:46:41 AM EDT
[#23]
I like it. It's a step in the right direction. Little changes here and there for our side and eventually they add up.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:52:22 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Did the rep seem interested or bored? I'd imagine everyone and their mother harasses these guys for action on their own pet issue.

No. I was the first person there I think so he took down all my info and said he would pass it along to the people who did gun issues.

We mainly talked about other issues, actually.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:55:45 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Well isn't this great. A bunch of people whinning why didn't you do this, why don't you do that, why don't you do something that means something.  Well where let's see your proposed legislation.  Come on where is it.  Obviously you can more to show than CRC does the way you are dogging him for actually trying to improve our gun rights.  Oh, what's that you're too lazy too even call or write your legislators much less actually come up with some legislation....I thought so.  So until you guys out do CRC by actually accomplishing something even remote close as submitting proposed legislation to your Senator STFU!  I bet you guys are the same people that demand the "cliff notes" version of legislation that is posted here because you don't understand yet.

Exactly.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:52:08 PM EDT
[#26]
CRC,

I'd hate to be the voice of pecimism here bro, but that was damn near meaningless to about 99% of firearms enthusiasts.

But God speed to you anyway and congratulations; it's a small step in the right direction.

Best Regards,

Justin
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#27]
He probably had no idea what you were talking about.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:35:11 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
CRC,

I'd hate to be the voice of pecimism here bro, but that was damn near meaningless to about 99% of firearms enthusiasts.

But God speed to you anyway and congratulations; it's a small step in the right direction.

Best Regards,

Justin

How?

Most people I know own and shoot black powder.

I have five muzzle loading rifles and would like to get a blackpowder shotgun
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
He probably had no idea what you were talking about.

He didn't.

That's why he sent it to folks at the senator's DC office who did.

They're the ones who will handle it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#30]
good job CRC! every little bit helps.  don't listen to the naysayers who bitch and whine but don't talk about what they have actually done to help straighten out the messed-up gun laws we have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top