Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2010 2:17:31 PM EDT
The good news is I've been smoke free for over a year.

The bad news is I'm still addicted to nicotine, and taking the lozenge.

I decided to switch to the gum today.  The theory is that the alarm bells in my brain go off when the lozenge is gone, signaling I need another.  With the gum, it doesn't dissolve, and theoretically I should end up using less and less.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you'd be better off just going cold turkey. I tried the gum and just ended up being addicted to the gum.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 2:27:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Good luck it took me about 6 months to get off the gum but I've been smoke free 12 years.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 2:29:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I decided to switch to the gum today.  The theory is that the alarm bells in my brain go off when the lozenge is gone, signaling I need another.  With the gum, it doesn't dissolve, and theoretically I should end up using less and less.

No you aren't. It's in your head.

You're addicted to a habit. Replace that habit with anything.

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No you aren't. It's in your head.

You're addicted to a habit. Replace that habit with anything.

Oh I most certainly am addicted to nicotine.  I can assure you of that.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 2:56:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Switch to Chantix and be nicotine free in 10 days. And that includes the week you'll smoke while taking it.

Seriously. No side effects for me. And very little withdrawal symptoms.

I Smoked for 35+ years and tried everything. Nicotine free now for two years.

Good luck

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top